Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old May 19th, 2010, 04:34 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Re: Nadi's Map Thread - Original SHS Maps being added daily.

I Have substituited sets for something I do not have in the past and it worked fine. (I own 4-5 rotv sets and substitute for what I do not own) Nadi's maps look good and are fun to play on. It does not matter if it does not look the same as long as it play's the same.

Thnaks again Nadi for bringing back these awesome maps...

-ZB, a big fan of Nadi's "Bonded Spirit" map...one of my favorite large maps.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old May 21st, 2010, 05:06 PM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker

Oh, yeah! Bonded Spirit. That is one of my favorite maps in terms of visual display. The scenario that we did for it was pretty fun too. I had forgotten about that one. (I've forgotten about a lot of these, as I continue to dig through and post them.)

Ok. Sorry for the lack of updates yesterday. I've been slammed at work both today and yesterday, plus seeing David Copperfield at the Fox last night didn't give me time to do anything. (Went with some friends... pretty interesting show.) But, thankfully I had a few spare minutes at the end of the day today to post SOMETHING before the weekend was over with. Hoepfully Monday will be slower and I can get more of these SHS maps back on here. But, still... not a bad update given the amount of time I had to work with.

So, here's what's been added as of today (05/21/10):

Spoiler Alert!

That brings me up to around 80+ maps so far.... still got a good number left, but I think I'm nearing the halfway mark.

Until next update...

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
(Codex downloadable into a spreadsheet for easy self-sorting)
Note to self: One ladder for every TWO levels!!!!!!

Last edited by Nadi; May 27th, 2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old May 21st, 2010, 08:55 PM

pauldragon Woo who?

Wow, you got tons of great maps! Really good stuff. What are your personal favorites?

Also, of your smaller maps (few sets required), which maps would you suggest? I have 1-2 of most sets, but I dont have enough sets to make a lot of your epic maps.

Its unbelievable how many maps you have designed!
Old May 21st, 2010, 11:36 PM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker

Thanks Pauldragon. I've been making maps since the first week I started playing HeroScape. I was gonna stick to official maps only, but I soon realized how easy it was to make your own maps when I had the right software and after playing on a few, we fell love with 'doing our own thing.' So, every since the start, we have only played on maps that we designed. (After about the first week of being introduced to HeroScape.)

Some of my favorites are:

Battle at the Brandar Well
Fantatstic 3 player map and probably our favorite scenario that we made to go with it. (Capture the glyph) Version 2 was great (larger, more player support), but in the end, the original was the best.

Broken Roads of Ami (not yet posted)
Another 3 player map (we do a lot of three player / team games, even though it is only small % of our map base) the is good and spread out, but provides a lot of places to duck and hide.

Hatlevig's Touchstone (not yet posted)
This is a big map (6 RotV set!) but it is one of my favorites, hands down. I started to make it like an obstacle course, so the map is very flat, but with lots of large places to duck and weave in between. The whole thing is laid out like some sort of 'trial' testing ground and the game play on it was a lot of fun. I'll post that one as we go along.

Ra-Zall's Lair
This one is a 3 way dungeon map. Our last few games have been on this map and it has worked out for us really well. Not quite as large as some of our other maps, but enough to support 500 point armies with no problems. When given the choice for a 3 way game here lately, this one always gets setup.

Bonded Spirit (not yet posted)
One of my few rare "almost" symmetrical maps, this is probably one of the best visual designed maps that I did. (You'll just have to see it when I post it.) I still wonder how in the world I ended up coming up with that.

Triple Threat (not yet posted)
Surprise, another 3 way map! Hahaha. This map is small, even though it uses 3 RotV sets. It's a smaller footprint that allows for very quick combat, but it is jammed together with three bridges (kind of in a triangle) with trees all around. Very easy to get 'lost' inside the main part. Also features an above area, as well as a 'below' area for under the bridges. I also really like the visual design of this map a lot.

For the smaller maps (of ones that I have posted so far), I can tell you that when the SHS was open, the following were the most popular (or most downloaded) maps:

Foxtrot (nominated for BoV review)
A Rough Climb Ahead (I believe this one was nominated once too... been so long, I can't remember.)
Jessina's Gazebo
Badland Bog (used at a few tourneys)
Rondell's Wishing Well (featured in a HS Codex issue)
Eden's Stigma (that one saw a lot of Marvel action, for whatever the reason)

Though, my personal all time favorite design for a small maps, has to be Topico. I have yet to play on it (sad, isn't it) but I LOVE the visual appeal of it (I'm sure others will disagree) to be such a small map.

If you try some out, please feel free to leave some comments / feedback. Just remember that you'll have to do a little work (place start zones, glyphs, etc) as they don't include any of those.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old May 24th, 2010, 03:15 PM

Ok, I'm about to go cross-eyed with updating maps today. LOL. Thankfully work has been slow and it has allowed me some time to plug, plug, plug away on getting these SHS maps uploaded on the site. Probably the biggest update day. I've finished nearly ALL of the 1RotV / 1SotM maps and I'm working on the 2RotV / 2SotM maps right now. (Still finding a few 1's along the way that I may have missed.) Once this is done, the large set maps shouldn't be as many and should go a lot quicker. But I had to take a break. LOL.

Here are the SHS maps that have been added to the download's section as of today (05/24/10):

Spoiler Alert!

Until the next update...

Visit the SHS Map Codex!

Last edited by Nadi; May 27th, 2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old May 25th, 2010, 04:41 PM

Re: Nadi's Map Thread - 30 SHS Maps Uploaded (05/24/10)

Slammed at work today... so only a few updates. Here are the latest SHS maps to be added to the downloads section as of today (05/25/10):

Spoiler Alert!

I will try to see if I can't get more done tomorrow...

Visit the SHS Map Codex!

Last edited by Nadi; May 27th, 2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old May 27th, 2010, 03:28 PM

Re: Nadi's Map Thread - 5 SHS Maps Uploaded (05/25/10)

Forgot the old Birthday was creeping up yesterday. So, I was off of work... and I'll be off tomorrow, but I managed to get a few more updated between today and yesterday.

(Note: A lot of these are our OLDER maps. We made most of these back when we only had RotV and RttFF sets. So, that is why you see so many of them being used. They are also larger sets, which use mostly 3RotV and 4RotVs to build.)

The following were added as of today (05/27/10):

Spoiler Alert!

Until next update...

NOTE: I have also gone back and added SPOILER TAGS to the maps, to help with load times and slower connections. Sorry for the graphic overload, lately.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!

Last edited by Nadi; May 27th, 2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old May 27th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Nadi's Maps (start pg. 35) - 18 SHS Maps Uploaded (05/27

I really like Silica Slits. About a year ago I was working on a way to incorporate negative space into maps but never really came up with anything that worked. I never thought to try long, skinny voids like that.

I really want to play that map.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old May 27th, 2010, 10:39 PM

Yeah, we've played that one and it was a lot of fun. It was right when the TJ sets started to hit, so we added some jungle flair to it to spice it up a bit. It is kind of cool to look over your shoulder and see other battles happening right next to you, but not able to get involved.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old May 28th, 2010, 09:30 AM

Zexion is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

So many good maps, tempting me to get 3 Master Sets...
Old May 28th, 2010, 04:40 PM

I wish I had a second TT set. I would LOVE to play Loch & Floe.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old May 28th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadi View Post
Battle at the Brandar Well
Fantatstic 3 player map and probably our favorite scenario that we made to go with it. (Capture the glyph)
I'm always looking for good 3-player scenarios. What was yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios