Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old March 12th, 2024, 05:51 PM

Ba'al is surprisingly tart
Re: Getting Started with 3D Printing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
@TREX can probably offer some advice here.
I probably could. Between me and my brother, we have printed thousands of miniatures. My brother currently runs his website to produce affordable high quality resin scape prints with stickers and bases. I also have my own assets including my dice tray and dicetower designs on there. I'll link it just for kicks.
http://www.trexy3d.com

While I strongly encourage people to embrace and use 3d printing, because it is super fun, allows tons of fun additions to gaming, and is a great source of creativity, I'll echo that it is in fact a hobby of its own. If you are thinking, I'll just pick up a printer and have lots of cool stuff, you'd be right, but you also need to know there are lots of caveats to it. There's lots of work involved in keeping all your printers up and running, initial costs, upkeep costs, etc. In short, make sure it's right for you. It isn't for everyone. Research first, to save yourself some headache. I used to give advice quite often, but with all the resources out there on YouTube, etc, I don't usually waste my time trying to explain things to people when they aren't serious about it. If you're mechanically inclined, or you enjoy creativity, or just enjoy creating things, I highly recommend getting into the printing hobby. Hand in hand with that, I'd suggest learning the 3d modeling as well. You can't do the one too well without the other. I'm not going to say it's hard to do, because for me it isnt most of the time. I'm also not going to say it's easy, because at times, even a seasoned mechanic like me can become frustrated. Just do your research before you jump is all the advice I'm handing out, and good luck. It really is quite an amazing hobby if you can make it work.
I know this is an older conversation, but I appreciate the work you and your brother do. I have bought from his site several times, and it's been allowing me to expand my collection nicely. I sit in the camp of someone that looked into 3d printing as a hobby, and decided it wasn't for me. I think the options it gives you are awesome, but I'm just not willing to dedicate the time and effort to do it myself.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing