Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 13th, 2021, 01:11 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Shiftrex Customs (6/18/21... Lepiota-Myconid)

- - - - - - -

CAVE GNOME BANDITS
TRICKY THIEVES

The figures used are Deep Gnome Scout #001 from Darklands Rising, Deep Gnome Warrior #002 from Darklands Rising, and Deep Gnome Rockwarden from Darklands Rising.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

DESIGN NOTES:
Spoiler Alert!

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • ACOLARH: Ullar's Amulet. As units that follow Ullar, Cave Gnomes may benefit from Acolarh's Ullar's Amulet movement bonus.
Synergy Benefits Offered
Comments and ideas welcome! Cave Gnome Bandits have gone through a couple of versions so I could engage the correct rogues that I wanted and I think this is where I want them. The figures are easy to find a because they are new and there are a couple of alternatives with some coloration changes. I think these guys could be build as their own melee army, some things make them similar to blade gruts or goblins but they have their own motif and are tilted towards offense and quick engagement instead of building up bigger stats with heroes.

Last edited by Shiftrex; November 13th, 2021 at 01:32 PM.
Old November 13th, 2021, 04:06 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Shiftrex Customs (11/13/21... Cave Gnome Bandits)

Ambush special is so fun. But 2 defense makes them nice and squishy so they shouldn't be in position to do that too often.

It could have some fun effects with Glyph of Erlaand (Summoning), Jotun, or similar figures - basically anyone that can summon, throw, or carry an enemy unit into a pack of Cave Gnomes against their will. Small 3 will also help them keep cover to avoid getting picked off too quick.

A great use of the X OM too - the opponent will always have to worry about ambush when these guys are in striking distance, so they'll attract fire and work as good screeners.

Overall I think it's a brilliant unit. Fun and thematic, occasionally useful, but mostly squishy. Probably C- in terms of power rankings but an underpowered custom is way better than an overpowered one. Lots of fun
Old November 13th, 2021, 09:34 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks for looking! Yeah, they definitely aren't too much of a powerhouse squad but I think the cinematic of seeing them surround and dismantle one target is pretty fun. Easy way to take down a hero that pushed too aggressively into their lines.

I'm hoping that their bonding and disengage will make them threatening enough to earn their 60 points. Kha can give them 2 more attacks which is nice for a 3 man. Bol is interesting tech that generally wouldn't see play except as an insurance policy for other armies. Darrak and Beakface Rogue can both get their sneak attack off pretty easily given how manueverable and cheap these guys are.

I see Elaria and Cormin being the star players though. Elaria with her attack range of 4 is going to be great (just like any ranged bonder, kha will also be good here). She is survivable too. Cormin on the other hand should be perfect to take advantage of having a ton of gnomes around to use to reposition himself instead of taking wounds. I think a build with the bandits + elaria + cormin or Kha would be fantastic because elaria can make cormin's reposition almost as good as an isamu vanish and will ensure that he never stabs you in the back (while she is alive anyways).
Old November 14th, 2021, 05:11 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Awesome custom but I would consider dropping the point value on them a smidgen (at 50 or possibly as low as 40). I don't honestly see ambush working often in a match but it does look like fun.
The tricky rogue bonding is a nice feature (note; the Beakface Rogues are not heroes - although don't tell them that!) that would make me consider a Darrak Ambershard build.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; November 14th, 2021 at 05:12 PM. Reason: An Ambershard build - really! Maybe not.
Old November 14th, 2021, 05:48 PM

TheBlackN Woo who?

Like these alot but Ambush on Cave Gnomes seems a bit too strong to me. Think I would add a stipulation: 'If the figure was not engaged by any Cave Gnome bandits at the beginning of this turn' and change 'no defense dice' to 'no more than 1 defense die'. Maybe a bit wordy but I feel like that goes a bit better with an 'ambush' and feels a bit more fair.

"So wait... the robot with the big f-ing missile has the machine gun ability and the one with a belt of bullets has the explosion?!"
Not a DnDscape player or a follower of C3V/SOV
My Customs
Old November 14th, 2021, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackN View Post
Like these alot but Ambush on Cave Gnomes seems a bit too strong to me. Think I would add a stipulation: 'If the figure was not engaged by any Cave Gnome bandits at the beginning of this turn' and change 'no defense dice' to 'no more than 1 defense die'. Maybe a bit wordy but I feel like that goes a bit better with an 'ambush' and feels a bit more fair.
Thanks for the feedback. I think that if I'm already taking defense dice that bothering to give them 1 doesn't really matter that much anymore at that point. The idea of requiring them to not be engaged at the beginning of the turn does seem like it could work, i'll see if they turn out to be stronger than what I would imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Awesome custom but I would consider dropping the point value on them a smidgen (at 50 or possibly as low as 40). I don't honestly see ambush working often in a match but it does look like fun.
The tricky rogue bonding is a nice feature (note; the Beakface Rogues are not heroes - although don't tell them that!) that would make me consider a Darrak Ambershard build.
Actually there is a Beakface Rogue hero! Pretty new, as opposed to the beakface sneaks. https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=59556

Thankyou though, I feel like a few of the rogues I'm bonding with really don't see much use.
Old November 14th, 2021, 06:32 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackN View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I think that if I'm already taking defense dice that bothering to give them 1 doesn't really matter that much anymore at that point. The idea of requiring them to not be engaged at the beginning of the turn does seem like it could work, i'll see if they turn out to be stronger than what I would imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Actually there is a Beakface Rogue hero! Pretty new, as opposed to the beakface sneaks. https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=59556

Thankyou though, I feel like a few of the rogues I'm bonding with really don't see much use.
Hadn't seen the Beakface hero!

Awesome...Thank you.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; November 14th, 2021 at 06:33 PM. Reason: There's no place like gnome...someone had to say it!
Old November 14th, 2021, 07:46 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Playtest game/s for the Cavac Hunters
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; November 14th, 2021 at 09:34 PM.
Old November 17th, 2021, 06:56 PM

- - - - - - -

OTYUGH
OTHERWORDLY DEVOURER

The figure used is Otyugh #025 from Boneyard.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

DESIGN NOTES:
Spoiler Alert!

• n/a
Synergy Benefits Offered
  • n/a

Comments and ideas welcome! Otyugh has been designed for a while and the miniature just came in the mail this week. This sculpt is fairly recent and I think it is ripe to communicate some beastly themes of gluttonous hunger. I am choosing to represent the jaws using attack rolls instead of d20 rolls, which I think should work out fine because hydra does the same thing but I am overall unsure. Looking forward to getting some games in with this figure.
Old November 17th, 2021, 07:55 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Shiftrex Customs (11/17/21... Otyugh)

I'm surprised to see the close resemblance in Snatch and Chomp's wording to Scytales Devourer in the Deep using this figure. Did you use it for reference, or is there another figure somewhere with this kind of ability?

In MSE, you can turn off the annoying at times Auto Ability generator in the 'Set Info' tab.
6 or higher is pretty low. One idea would be to add +# to your required roll for each figure that gets moved, if the extra text wouldn't clutter things up.

Price feels about right.

edit: Just read the designer notes. Motley Max is that guy! Also didn't notice the 4 movement before. That definitely helps balance things out.
Old November 20th, 2021, 06:05 PM

- - - - - - -

ABALIN
CUNNING RANGER

The figure used is Celestial Guardian #009 from Bestiary Unleashed.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

DESIGN NOTES:
Spoiler Alert!

• ACOLARH : Ullar’s Amulet
    As a follower of Ullar, Abalin may benefit from Acolarh’s ULLAR’S AMULET movement bonus.
Synergy Benefits Offered
  • n/a

Comments and ideas welcome! Abalin is in early design, just got the figure in the mail earlier this week and it looks great. While not everyone can agree that DnD belongs in heroscape the classes definitely have robust identities that fit in quite well to the skirmish playstyle. I think that by pursuing the class identities that we can wind up with some fantastic fantasy heroes. Looking forward to getting some games in with this figure.

Last edited by Shiftrex; December 1st, 2021 at 09:58 PM.
Old November 21st, 2021, 10:34 AM

Re: Shiftrex Customs (11/20/21... Abalin)

I'd consider given a solid species (BTW "pick a species" drop the 'up') instead of the choice...wolves leap to mind.

Also being part of the deer family, I'd consider increasing movement to 7...I get the prance will make him/her super fluid.
The increase of movement would counteract the freedom of species choice and leave him around the 70 pt mark IMHO. Although play-testing is the way to go for point values.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by AMIS; November 21st, 2021 at 10:38 AM. Reason: I'll never do that for two bucks again!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards