Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old August 19th, 2021, 11:25 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Sir Heroscape's Maps

Fester
Sets: SotM, FotA

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 5th, 2021, 10:31 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Couple New Maps

Small Jungle
Sets: RotV, TJ X2

Star Chart
Sets: RotV, TJ, RttFF
I’m gonna build Star Chart and play a game or two on it today. I like the look of it, let ya know how it goes
Old September 5th, 2021, 04:55 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Cool! Yeah excited to hear what you think

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old September 29th, 2021, 01:49 AM

I've been buildling a lot of maps...but not getting around to posting them...Here's a bunch!!!

Hilltop Bastion
Sets: RotV, RttFF, FotA

Melting Pot
Sets: SotM, VW, TT

Throne Room
Sets: RotV, BftU, FotA X2

Caothland
Sets: SotM, BftU, TJ

Jekyll
Sets: BftU X2, FotA

Stable Ground
Sets: RotV, RttFF X2

Slog Bog

Sir Heroscape's Content

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; May 21st, 2022 at 12:23 AM.
Old September 29th, 2021, 05:56 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

^Jekyll looks awesome

Quote:
I didn’t get a chance to play an opponent so I did a few solo games (Spiders x5, Wyvern x2, Estivara vs. Kaemon Awa, Zombies x6) on it. It was a weird matchup, Spiders vs. Zombies, both games were pretty long as I didn’t want to attack much with Spiders when playing that side. The map felt pretty good. The first game I piled up a bunch of zombies on/near the left glyph (which was move), but in the other game I don’t think I ever put more than one figure over there, I also never hopped the walls. Definitely never went into the water on the left, really just used the two spaces next to the bush. One change I’d make would be to get rid of the 3 water spaces over there, move the bush down one, and then add a grass 1-hex under it (where the middle water tile was). That way you get three level 1 spaces next to the bush and I think it would make that path tighter and more efficient. The right side felt clogged and hard to develop up, I’d consider moving the right side’s tree forward and to the left one space. That way you can get two spaces that are on level 2 and behind a tree opposing the middle. Other than that I liked the rest, the middle road was fun and the paths wrapping around the ruins were good. I liked the road that wraps around and meets the highest rock hex plus the two rock hexes (level 3) and bush right next to it.

Like I said the armies I tested were mostly melee and was an odder matchup. So I didn’t test a lot of range and how the jungle and road would play into that. Not sure about the bush on level 3 on the right side, but the other jungle spots seem good (again, I’d make that change to left side’s bush with the water).
Old September 29th, 2021, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
^Jekyll looks awesome

Quote:
I didn’t get a chance to play an opponent so I did a few solo games (Spiders x5, Wyvern x2, Estivara vs. Kaemon Awa, Zombies x6) on it. It was a weird matchup, Spiders vs. Zombies, both games were pretty long as I didn’t want to attack much with Spiders when playing that side. The map felt pretty good. The first game I piled up a bunch of zombies on/near the left glyph (which was move), but in the other game I don’t think I ever put more than one figure over there, I also never hopped the walls. Definitely never went into the water on the left, really just used the two spaces next to the bush. One change I’d make would be to get rid of the 3 water spaces over there, move the bush down one, and then add a grass 1-hex under it (where the middle water tile was). That way you get three level 1 spaces next to the bush and I think it would make that path tighter and more efficient. The right side felt clogged and hard to develop up, I’d consider moving the right side’s tree forward and to the left one space. That way you can get two spaces that are on level 2 and behind a tree opposing the middle. Other than that I liked the rest, the middle road was fun and the paths wrapping around the ruins were good. I liked the road that wraps around and meets the highest rock hex plus the two rock hexes (level 3) and bush right next to it.

Like I said the armies I tested were mostly melee and was an odder matchup. So I didn’t test a lot of range and how the jungle and road would play into that. Not sure about the bush on level 3 on the right side, but the other jungle spots seem good (again, I’d make that change to left side’s bush with the water).
That's really good feedback, thanks. I'll have to look at the VS file and see what I can do about some of those potential changes.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 24th, 2021, 10:43 PM

Here's a few more I'm pretty proud of...

Betelguese
Sets: BftU X2, RttFF, VW

The End of the Line
Sets: RotV, FotA

Dark Promise
Sets: BftU X2, VW

Mid-Summer
Sets: RotV, TJ

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 26th, 2021, 04:20 AM
Baron of Beantown V

We played on Jekyll a few weekends ago. I liked it, I do love the look of it paired with the name. My main change would be to get rid of a couple battlements near the start zones, it did make development a bit annoying (I had some 4 move figs). I’d get rid of the one farthest to the left on the road, the one that’s not over the water space. That will allow more figures to get to that road, I think it’s necessary. I’d also consider removing the one directly to the right of the rock outcrop, I remember that one being annoying and felt like it really just got in the way. The other (6) battlements facing the start zones are probably fine. The other thing we noted about the map is the roads don’t connect, and it did come into play. For my game I found myself wishing it connected both on my side and my opponent’s side at times. But I’m not sure how’d you go about connecting them. The obvious solution would be to swap the dungeon 2-hex with the two road tiles to the right of it (the last two of the road). That will make it harder for the right side to get to the road around that side of the wall, but I think overall it will be worth it and if you remove the battlements I recommended, I think enough things will develop up on the left/middle of the road and will now be able to move down the right path, thanks to the connection. There might be a better way to connect it though. Other than those two things, mainly the battlements I mentioned, I liked it.

And cool new ones. Betelgeuse or The End of the Line I might play next.
Old October 26th, 2021, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
We played on Jekyll a few weekends ago. I liked it, I do love the look of it paired with the name. My main change would be to get rid of a couple battlements near the start zones, it did make development a bit annoying (I had some 4 move figs). I’d get rid of the one farthest to the left on the road, the one that’s not over the water space. That will allow more figures to get to that road, I think it’s necessary. I’d also consider removing the one directly to the right of the rock outcrop, I remember that one being annoying and felt like it really just got in the way. The other (6) battlements facing the start zones are probably fine. The other thing we noted about the map is the roads don’t connect, and it did come into play. For my game I found myself wishing it connected both on my side and my opponent’s side at times. But I’m not sure how’d you go about connecting them. The obvious solution would be to swap the dungeon 2-hex with the two road tiles to the right of it (the last two of the road). That will make it harder for the right side to get to the road around that side of the wall, but I think overall it will be worth it and if you remove the battlements I recommended, I think enough things will develop up on the left/middle of the road and will now be able to move down the right path, thanks to the connection. There might be a better way to connect it though. Other than those two things, mainly the battlements I mentioned, I liked it.

And cool new ones. Betelgeuse or The End of the Line I might play next.
That's some great feedback, thanks! I'll see what I can do to play around with that road and battlements...I think you might be right about that.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old December 18th, 2021, 05:35 PM

Few maps I've been working on...

Kawasan
Sets: RotV, TJ

White Christmas
Sets: RotV, RttFF, TT

HIGHway
Sets: RotV, FotA, RttFF

Chili Fritos
Sets: BftU, SotM, VW

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old December 31st, 2021, 09:24 PM

Pretty happy with how this one turned out...

Eyohi
Sets: BftU X2, TJ

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 1st, 2022, 06:12 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I already liked the looks of the first iteration I saw on Discord and it's looking even better now after your edits. Lovely map.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios