Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old March 13th, 2019, 01:39 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: Out-there Heaven (Movie, TV, and Video Game Characters)

Can somebody provide some context? Who did HOSS cost their cards for play with? Classic "Scape? I have some thoughts on the system, but I think we should table those. I think gauging HOSS feelings about this so as to make sure we aren't stepping on toes is a good thing.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old March 13th, 2019, 01:43 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Can somebody provide some context? Who did HOSS cost their cards for play with? Classic "Scape? I have some thoughts on the system, but I think we should table those. I think gauging HOSS feelings about this so as to make sure we aren't stepping on toes is a good thing.
Yeah, maybe someone more involved with HoSS can say better, but I’m pretty sure it’s costed to be compatible with Classic. HoSS, like Classic, also has a far more squad-heavy meta than C3G does. Both Darth Vader I and the Stormtroopers are designed to go up against common units.
Old March 13th, 2019, 01:43 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
X-post from the Hangout thread; An alternative idea I had that might be worth considering; What about a crossover? We work with the HoSS folks (if they want to, of course) to convert a few of their designs for the most iconic characters into the C3G style. Same basic powers, but amp the power levels up and make certain changes. For example, the Force Push symbol becomes the SS Symbol. Include a link in the book to the original HoSS card and it will serve as a bit of cross-promotion.
I actually almost suggested this in my previous post, and is actually where my questions were stearing things. Just wanted to get my answers before I suggested.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old March 13th, 2019, 02:41 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Yeah, maybe someone more involved with HoSS can say better, but I’m pretty sure it’s costed to be compatible with Classic. HoSS, like Classic, also has a far more squad-heavy meta than C3G does. Both Darth Vader I and the Stormtroopers are designed to go up against common units.
HoSS is tested against classic units. The point values are fairly in line with classic 'scape. I imagine some units would be fairly unbalanced against C3G (like Stormtroopers) as-is but most would mix decently well.

I don't really have a horse in this race, as I'm a retired HoSS member, but to me the more Star Wars designs the better. That said, there's already a bunch of great Star Wars designs in HoSS, so it's not something I'm dying for C3G to cover either.
Old March 13th, 2019, 02:46 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

You missed a golden opportunity to say you didn't have a hoss in the race there.

Thanks for weighing in, though!
Old March 13th, 2019, 10:42 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, HoSS is tied pretty closely with Classic and was tested with them quite a bit. Some cards I do think would play fine in C3G more or less as is (Vader), but others you would never draft. Stormtroopers are the most obvious example, rolling 1 attack die (even with it being double skulls) is already pretty bad in HoSS where most heroes have 3-4 defense, trying to have them attack C3G heroes with 5+ def. being the norm would not be wise. Some things are a little more subtle, like Boba Fett is designed with lots of cheap squad figures in mind. His ranged counterstrike makes him a threat to low att. squads, but that wouldn't be very valuable in C3G. I suppose he's actually a good reason so just start over from scratch should we bring SW characters into C3G rather then try to stick too close to what was already done. Now that I think about it more, many designs were based on the HoSS meta-game that is different than what we do at C3G.
Old March 13th, 2019, 10:49 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I suppose he's actually a good reason so just start over from scratch should we bring SW characters into C3G rather then try to stick too close to what was already done. Now that I think about it more, many designs were based on the HoSS meta-game that is different than what we do at C3G.
Hmm. Therein lies a sticking point.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old March 16th, 2019, 01:16 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

More Overwatch characters.
Quote:

NAME = GENJI
SECRET IDENTITY = GENJI SHIMADA

SPECIES = CYBORG
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = NINJA
PERSONALITY = DETERMINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

SHURIKEN THROW
After moving and before attacking with a normal attack against a non-adjacent figure, you may subtract up to 3 attack dice from your roll. If you do, you may attack one additional time for each die subtracted.

SWIFT STRIKE
Instead of attacking normally with Genji, you may use Swift Strike. Move Genji up to 3 spaces in a straight line. When moving with Swift Strike, Genji can move through all figures, is never attacked when leaving engagements, and may ignore elevation changes of up to 5 levels. At any point during or after this movement, you may choose a figure adjacent to Genji and roll an unblockable attack die against that figure.

DRAGONBLADE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 5.
When defending against Dragonblade Special Attack, a figure may not roll more defense dice than Genji rolled skulls. You may only use Dragonblade Special Attack once per game.

DEFLECT
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Genji, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
Not much to say about Genji. I've always liked that he's a ninja dude who relies just as much on shurikens as he does on a sword. It's just enough of a twist that it makes him feel fresh.
Quote:

NAME = HANZO
SECRET IDENTITY = HANZO SHIMADA

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ASSASSIN
PERSONALITY = REGRETFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 7
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

SONAR ARROW
Start the game with a Glyph of Sonar Emitter on this card. Instead of attacking with Hanzo, you may place that Glyph on any empty space within 7 spaces of Hanzo. Hanzo does not need clear sight to attack a figure within 3 space of the Glyph of Sonar Emitter. At the end of the round, instead of removing this Glyph of Sonar Emitter from the game, place it on this card.

STORM ARROWS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 7. Attack 2.
Hanzo may attack up to 5 times with this special attack. He must attack the same figure with each subsequent attack. You may only use this special attack once per round.

DRAGONSTRIKE ARROW SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 4.
Choose 7 spaces in a straight line from Hanzo. All figures on the chosen spaces, and all figures other than Hanzo within 1 space of the chosen spaces, are affected by this special attack. Roll 4 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. You may only use this special attack once per game.
Quote:
NAME = GLYPH OF SONAR EMITTER
SUBTITLE = LOCATION TRACKING

PERMANENT GLYPH

Figures within 3 spaces of this Glyph may not receive any additional defense dice from terrain or Destructible Objects. Whenever an opponent reveals an Order Marker on the card of a figure within 3 spaces of this Glyph, you may immediately move a figure you control up to 3 spaces. Figures moved in this way will take any leaving engagement attacks. At the end of the round, remove this Glyph from the game.
Not much to say here either. He's a Green Arrow/Hawkeye archer type. I know he's gotten some changes in-game since I played, so I'm kind of working off descriptions for the Storm Arrows. He also has a double jump, so Stealth Leap would be nice, but there was just no way to make it fit.
Old March 16th, 2019, 02:36 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Storm Arrows doesn't seem very accurate to me - the same person five times? I just fire blindly into a crowd and hope for the best. His glyph actually aligns with some discussions about trick arrows we've been having in sanctum, so you might want to keep him in your back pocket for now.

For Genji, I really like the mechanic for Dragonblade, but I think you can probably mush it together with Swift Strike for something like this.

DRAGONBLADE STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 1 + Special.
Instead of attacking normally with Genji, you may move Genji up to 3 spaces in a straight line. When moving with Swift Strike, Genji can move through all figures, is never attacked when leaving engagements, and may ignore elevation changes of up to 5 levels. At any point during or after this movement, you may choose a figure adjacent to Genji to attack with this special attack. The defending figure may not roll defense dice. Once per game, you may roll 3 additional dice when attacking with this special attack.

Not quite as game accurate but it saves some space.
Old March 16th, 2019, 03:36 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Storm Arrows doesn't seem very accurate to me - the same person five times? I just fire blindly into a crowd and hope for the best. His glyph actually aligns with some discussions about trick arrows we've been having in sanctum, so you might want to keep him in your back pocket for now.
Shows what I know. When I last played he still had the scatter arrow.
What about something like this?
Quote:
STORM ARROWS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 7. Attack 2.
After attacking with Storm Arrows Special Attack, you may attack again with Storm Arrows Special Attack. For this attack, you must either target the last figure you attacked or a figure within 2 spaces of the last figure you attacked. You may not attack more than four times in one turn with Storm Arrows Special Attack.
A trick arrow system is something that has been on my wishlist for a while.
Quote:
For Genji, I really like the mechanic for Dragonblade, but I think you can probably mush it together with Swift Strike for something like this.

DRAGONBLADE STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 1 + Special.
Instead of attacking normally with Genji, you may move Genji up to 3 spaces in a straight line. When moving with Swift Strike, Genji can move through all figures, is never attacked when leaving engagements, and may ignore elevation changes of up to 5 levels. At any point during or after this movement, you may choose a figure adjacent to Genji to attack with this special attack. The defending figure may not roll defense dice. Once per game, you may roll 3 additional dice when attacking with this special attack.

Not quite as game accurate but it saves some space.
I guess it would come down to if we wanted a simpler card or more accuracy to the character. I'm down for either one really.
Old March 31st, 2019, 02:18 AM
Just A Head

NAME = VULCAN RAVEN
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TERRORIST
PERSONALITY = GRIM

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5?

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

GRIM PROPHECY
Start the game with a black Raven Marker. Vulcan Raven has the class of Mystic in addition to what is listed on this card. If Vulcan Raven is destroyed by a Unique Hero, place the Raven Marker on the card of the Hero that destroyed him, if possible. Any other figure with the Raven Marker on their card subtracts 1 from their Move and Range, to a minimum of one.

GATLING GUN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 4.
Before attacking with this special attack, choose 5 spaces in a straight line from Vulcan Raven. Vulcan Raven may only attack the figure closest to him on those 5 spaces with this special attack. After attacking with this special attack, you may attack 3 additional times.

Last edited by MrNobody; April 3rd, 2019 at 08:35 AM.
Old March 31st, 2019, 07:53 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That's an interesting effect with Gatling Gun where you choose the straight lines but only the guy in front gets hit.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy