Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old June 4th, 2006, 01:55 AM
has been BANNED

Jason is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Battle Report

Today I played against against another player at Major Game Day in Boston although it was anti-climactic (the battle). We played a 500 point game.

THE DRAFT

-My opponent started the draft taking Syvarris #1

-With 2 picks I chose the Krav + AE

-His next 2 picks were comprised of Krug and the Marro Warriors

-I proceeded to draft Raelin to make my Krav untouchable from range and since he had not taken any units that could bypass defense I took a squad of Sentinels.

-With his next 2 picks he took the Omnicron Snipers + Izumi Samurai

-I proceeded to select Deadeye Dan (for fun and to pull out a Wave 4 figure) and a squad of Venoc Vipers

-With his last selection he took the Zettian Guards

**We decided to play without Glyphs. The board was made of roughly 2 Mastersets, there was a little lava and water but not alot. It was decently symmetrical but not totally. The highest elevations were roughly 5 spaces high.

BATTLE

-The 1st 2 rounds or so were mainly positioning. I advanced the Krav, Raelin, and Sentinels while my AE failed to drop. My opponent was placing most of his markers in these 2 rounds moving Syv and Krug, I believe 1 marker went to the Samurai. Syv attacked my krav and with 5 dice all 3 managed to dodge.

-Round 3 Syv attacked again and all were dodged. My krav attacked and killed Syv and 1 Samurai. With his remaining 2 actions he moved his Samurai and moved Krug adjacent to my Krav. The samurai attacked my sentinells but with 6 defense dice + shields of valor against the samurai's weak attack it was hardly surprising all 3 were easily blocked. Having refused to attack Krug so far the 2 attacks at 2 were easily defended with 5 dice. The Round ended with me moving in my sentinels to surround Krug and they did 2 damage to him.

-Round 4 My AE dropped and I won initiative so they proceeded to kill him with 4 attacks at 4. The last AE also killed his 1 Marro Warrior that was in the water. Being down Krug + Syv + 1 Marro Warrior + 1 Samurai compared to my army at 100% full health he forfeitted

*It was pretty disappointing how it played out. There was 1 round he moved his Zettian Guards but they had nobody to attack so I did not include them in the report since I forgot what round they were moved. Dan and my Venocs stood in the starting zone throughout the game. During the draft I felt the game wsa pretty much decided by the fact he has no units that could either Destroy or Bypass defense. Being a Staff member of the store running the site and the fact that he said he plays a decent bit made me think he'd build a more competitive army.
Old June 4th, 2006, 02:06 AM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
As soon as you said KMA and AE and he failed to counterdraft I new it was over. I am planning on starting a thread about this very subject.

Old June 4th, 2006, 02:15 AM
has been BANNED

The think Raelin adds alot to the Krav, rolling 3 blanks is only 8/27 (29%)whereas 5 blanks is 32/243 (13%)
Old June 4th, 2006, 02:22 AM

One of the counters he could have done would have been what you did for your 3rd pick. He would have prevented you from getting Raelin while recruiting a unit that can close on your ranged.

Old June 4th, 2006, 02:24 AM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
look - anyone who drafts the Zettian f-ing Guards in a competetive game is not worth taking much confidence in beating, unfortunately.

Good drafting.

I'm wondering what you would have counterdrafted for that, TheRealQ (unless you already have the thread posted).
Old June 4th, 2006, 02:27 AM

I don't have my thread yet but I think I'll work on it. I typed up may opening post last night and it was huge...then my network shut down.

Old June 4th, 2006, 02:28 AM
has been BANNED

The hounds would have been a smart selection vs my army, Me Burq Sa could have been great too
Old June 4th, 2006, 03:27 AM

After your first pick the first thought that comes to my mind is Sgt. Drake and the EOV.

Old June 4th, 2006, 09:26 PM

Teamski is surprisingly tart
Old June 4th, 2006, 09:29 PM
has been BANNED

I disagree with your assessment, the main notions of this thread revolve around counterdrafting and how the battle between 2 armies played out. Other than showing the map I do not see what having pics would accomplish (on the bright side that animation is hilarious)
Old June 4th, 2006, 09:39 PM

Teamski is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
I disagree with your assessment, the main notions of this thread revolve around counterdrafting and how the battle between 2 armies played out. Other than showing the map I do not see what having pics would accomplish (on the bright side that animation is hilarious)
Eh, it's always nice to have a picture of the map....

-Ski
Old June 4th, 2006, 10:22 PM
has been BANNED

I didn't have a camera with me and to be honest never even occurred to me. When I am competing against someone and into the game the last thing on my mind is to take a bunch of pictures (I tend to be ultra competitive)

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports