Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 7th, 2008, 06:15 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
The Kyrie squads for Ullar, Vydar

Hi, I'm the last horse, and I have crossed the finish line.

It started with the realization that the Minions of Utgar and the Sentinels of Jandar are the only cards in the game with the general's name in their title. As the common kyrie squads for their respective generals, they have a lot in common (pun acknowledged). They are both defense-heavy and attack-capable. I followed this up with the realizations that Einar has a comparable squad as well, the Einar Imperium, and that each of these three squads rallies around another kyrie (Taelord, Concan, and the Empress, respectively). I never realized this particular construction of the game, and now the game is just that much cooler.

So my question is: Is there any evidence of what Ullar and Vydar's common kyrie will be like? Or any thoughts on what they should be? Because I also realized that if Wave 9 comes out with out one of them, it will be the longest we've gone without a common kyrie squad. Now that I realize that each general has one, I'm excited for the other two.
Old January 7th, 2008, 06:46 PM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker
I've never even noticed that. Thank you for pointing it out.
Ullar's Kyrie could work with Saylind quite nicely if done right.
I'd love to see artillary heavy, missle toting robotic Vydar Kyrie. That sounds yummy to me.
Old January 7th, 2008, 06:54 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
I beg for them! We know Ullar's coming though. Go to Thormun's journal for Ullar Kyrie info. Pistols!

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old January 7th, 2008, 06:56 PM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Kyrie squads for Ullar, Vydar

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice
Hi, I'm the last horse, and I have crossed the finish line.

It started with the realization that the Minions of Utgar and the Sentinels of Jandar are the only cards in the game with the general's name in their title...
Leafwaggers of Ular are supposed to be coming out wave 9.
Old January 7th, 2008, 06:57 PM

zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker
In thoriums journal, it revealed Vydar's Valkyrie (i think) use hand cross-bows. Hopefully these will show up as a unit soon.

I do art. Check it out.

http://insanelyzanter.deviantart.com/
Old January 7th, 2008, 06:58 PM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker
I noticed that too. However, first, Taelord is Utgar, but he can boost anybody's normal attack, not only Utgar's figures. Second, Kiova is Einar but only useful only for the EIs. Third, like pointed above, Ullar already has Saylind. Kiova is very specific and specialized, while you can use Taelord or Saylind with the EI or anybody else that you control, including the Sentinels.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old January 7th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker
well i doubt a kyrie will be robatic but i whould say ullar will be getting a squad at least and vydar will be getting a hero kyrie and a squad kyrie,but i doubt there will be a metail like kyrie in vydars team.And know einar is getting a dragon so.I whould say utgar will be getting a cowboy soon enouth and kyries will start going out.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old January 7th, 2008, 07:02 PM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3317
well i doubt a kyrie will be robatic but i whould say ullar will be getting a squad at least and vydar will be getting a hero kyrie and a squad kyrie,but i doubt there will be a metail like kyrie in vydars team.And know einar is getting a dragon so.I whould say utgar will be getting a cowboy soon enouth and kyries will start going out.
We need to hybredize.. Kyree-soulbourg... Maro-Kyree
Old January 7th, 2008, 07:06 PM

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Hot Hatch
I noticed that too. However, first, Taelord is Utgar, but he can boost anybody's normal attack, not only Utgar's figures. Second, Kiova is Einar but only useful only for the EIs. Third, like pointed above, Ullar already has Saylind. Kiova is very specific and specialized, while you can use Taelord or Saylind with the EI or anybody else that you control, including the Sentinels.
However, Taelord is particularly beneficial to the minions given their Deadly Strike. And there's not much point in using Saylind to summon 1) a whole squad, that 2)already flies, so I hope they come out with another Ullar kyrie for the squad.
Old January 7th, 2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRansom
(I don't know how to quote twice in 1 post)

I doubt it will happen, but I thought of a marro-kyrie a while back. I wish they would.
Old January 7th, 2008, 07:26 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Wow... I don't even want to imagine how that would happen. Please say Valhallan genetic engineering.
Old January 7th, 2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadom
Quote:
Wow... I don't even want to imagine how that would happen. Please say Valhallan genetic engineering.
Valhallan frat party.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion