Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old August 11th, 2015, 12:53 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Justice League Design Thread -*Everyone Vote on Directio

I was looking at the Marker Burn concept in the FP and it is an earlier version than where we ended the discussion at. We had dropped the bullet points concept and replaced it with just one marker burn power and one always on marker power.
Old August 11th, 2015, 07:09 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I was looking at the Marker Burn concept in the FP and it is an earlier version than where we ended the discussion at. We had dropped the bullet points concept and replaced it with just one marker burn power and one always on marker power.
If you can find and quote a more recent version over there, I'm happy to update the OP. I was just going with the most recent/representative version I could find of each.

I think the debate going forward is basically narrowing to the Original Markers version that you all had and tried to get passed in the first place, and the Marker Burn version that's basically a class-specific version with some temporary marker usage and some static marker usage.

It seems like the biggest disagreement is going to be between the "keep it completely open-ended" folks who want more of an Avengers Mirror and the "use some class restrictions" folks who want to encourage you to play more thematic armies (thus more of a Fantastic Four Mirror in a way).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 12th, 2015, 08:08 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Alright, now that 3 days have passed since we've had a vote, here's the voting results.

Original Marker
Class Change
Team Powers
Marker Burn
Classic Markers + Class

Just for reminder sake: Heroes received a +2 for each vote, former Heroes and Sidekicks received a +1 for each vote, and everyone else received the normal weighted amount.

The results show that Marker Burn was the favorite, but only slightly over the Original Markers, with Classic Markers and Team Powers coming in a not too distant third.

Some analysis on those:

The Marker Burn incorporates elements taken from the Original Markers, and the Team Powers version. The Classic Marker + Classes is essentially the Original Marker system we came up with, but with more markers given out, and Class restriction added.

So all in all, these are similar in concept, and I think there's room for compromise here folks.

With that said, we'll pick up the conversation back in the discussion thread. Thanks for weighing in.
Old August 12th, 2015, 09:16 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Justice League Design Thread (Heroes)

Hmm, your voting tallies ended up being slightly different than mine, but I'll blame it on all the syllabus work I've been doing to get ready for my fall classes and trust yours.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 13th, 2015, 12:49 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

@TrollBrute @johnny139 @Viegon @Karat @SirGalahad

Heroes, we need your vote here. We need a pass or veto on this proposed finalized direction. It is the Marker Burn direction, with elements from the Original Markers, and Classic Markers, fused into the design. Notable changes:

-1 power that requires removing a marker in order to use.

-At least 1 power on each card that requires a marker on their card in order to use, that isn't removed, thus is static.

-Cyborg will now be able to place 1 marker on any Unique Hero, with no class restriction, thus allowing open synergy.

-The open synergy will be balanced in that they will only receive 1 marker, and can't have more stacked on them, so that person will gain all static bonuses, and only be able to burn their marker once per game, keeping more powerful figures in check, and providing encouragement to still draft within the classes on Martian Manhunter's and Batman's cards.

-Number of markers given out by Martian Manhunter and Batman will be balanced out in design.

-Number of classes listed on Martian Manhunter's and Batman's cards can be put down to 4 each, instead of 5, if that is more favorable. No issue there.

We think this is the best compromise of various directions discussed. We have done our best to flesh out each option, and after the Hero and Public vote, we now feel we have the best middle ground that offers a dynamic balance between classic/new, and closed/open synergy. Please review the proposed designs, and give us a Pass or Veto, so we know if we have your support, and if we can wrap these up and get them finalized for future nomination/design. Thank you for your time.

Martian Manhunter II:
Spoiler Alert!

Batman III:
Spoiler Alert!

Cyborg II:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Arkham; August 13th, 2015 at 02:07 PM.
Old August 13th, 2015, 02:14 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'd definitely like to see the number of classes trimmed; I think personally I'd go down to 3 but I think that's up for debate. And I'm not sold on the open synergy bit or on Cyborg being the one to do it.

But as for general direction? I'll give it a tentative Yea. I think it does a good job of deviating from the standards of the Avengers, still feeling consistent with our mechanics, and providing a chance for big, flashy "Wow!" powers. It needs hammering out but I'm interested in the basic mechanics for sure.
Old August 13th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I definitely think that the listed classes should be trimmed. Also, the extra restriction referencing the listed classes in JL Telepathy makes it overly complex IMO, id cut that part out. You also don't need to list it as "up to 5 total," "up to 5" is sufficient.

Overall though, I can definitely live with this direction once it is ironed out.
Old August 13th, 2015, 05:01 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Karat, if you take a look at the last 2 or 3 pages of the discussion thread you will see why it was added.
Old August 13th, 2015, 09:11 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Definitely needs a little more tweaking, but I wouldn't vote against this general direction.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old August 13th, 2015, 09:28 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

It's not my favorite of the versions tossed around, but it's not a bad direction either, so I'll give it a reluctant Yea. And I would also like to see the number of classes listed brought down to 4.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old August 15th, 2015, 06:21 PM

@Viegon @Karat @TrollBrute @johnny139 @SirGalahad

Heroes, please review the below write ups and let us know if you'd block (i.e. formally vote No to) any of them from being eligible for public design nominations or other LDs.

Please consider carefully before responding. The below write ups represent hard fought compromise that has come to a point where it is trying very hard to represent the desires and views of the majority of active posters in the Justice League design threads. I'm not asking whether you like it, whether it's your favorite approach, or even whether you're excited about this direction but, simply, would you block it from happening?

Thank you for your time and consideration. (If it turns out at least three of you would block these, I'll be back with a less-compromised proposal for you next, but that's not my preference, out of deference for the wishes of other posters).

Martian Manhunter II:
Spoiler Alert!

Batman III:
Spoiler Alert!

Cyborg II:
Spoiler Alert!

Superman III
Spoiler Alert!

Old August 15th, 2015, 06:29 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I would Yea Batman and Cyborg, Nay Manhunter and Superman. Batman has 5 classes in his power but the advantage of encompassing the most iconic Justice League members with them; it's simply too much and too scattershot with the other two.

I'm glad we're finally settling on designs that are no one's favorites and that no one is excited about, by the way. (As a disclaimer, this statement is not meant to disparage anyone's herculean efforts to corral all of these ideas - I just found your introduction to be amusingly phrased.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy