Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old November 24th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Racheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
On to my real point: What about Triple Attack stops Racheim from attacking with his special attack on the second or third attacks?
The rules state you cannot use a special and normal attack in the same turn. Mok is an example where this is contradicted, but Mok's card explicitly states he can use both attacks in the same turn. Racheim's card does not.

Kaemon Awa's Quick Release Special Attack does not specify if his second attack must be special (but it must), so precedent exists for this kind of wording. I'm surprised an official unit doesn't exist with Double Attack and a special attack already.

Last edited by Arch-vile; March 31st, 2013 at 10:33 PM.
Old November 24th, 2012, 12:11 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

For what it's worth, all I did to mod Racheim's wings was tie the middle joint (where the clip is placed in the tutorial) together with some string (actually I used some old headphones because they were handy) and let is sit a few hours. It's held for a few days and doesn't seem to be falling.

Just letting people know if they're at all intimidated by the somewhat complicated mod described in the tutorial.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old November 24th, 2012, 12:15 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Quote:
On to my real point: What about Triple Attack stops Racheim from attacking with his special attack on the second or third attacks?
The rules state you cannot use a special and normal attack in the same turn. Mok is an example where this is contradicted, but Mok's card explicitly states he can use both attacks in the same turn. Racheim's card does not.

Kaemon Awa's Quick Release Special Attack does not specify if his normal attack must be special (but it must), so precedent exists for this kind of wording. I'm surprised an official unit doesn't exist with Double Attack and a special attack already.
I always thought that this ruling (no special attack and normal attack on the same turn) was merely an extension of saying that a special attack takes the place of your normal attack. Choose one or the other to use, not both. This seems to give you 3 times to choose either one or the other.
Old November 24th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

That's a fair assessment. I asked the same question when playtesting, and I was sent a response that made it totally clear. I deleted my pms though, so I'll search for it...
Old November 24th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Arch-vile is correct, and Quick Release Special Attack illustrates the point that you choose one or the other but you may not do both.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 24th, 2012, 01:53 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
This seems to give you 3 times to choose either one or the other.
Actually, it specifically excluded as worded.

Let's look at the power:
TRIPLE ATTACK
When Racheim attacks with a normal attack, he may attack two additional times.
Even at in the most generous interpretation, the first attack must be a normal attack in order to activate the power, since the rule of page 14 of the RotV states that you may choose to either use a Special Attack or a normal attack. If you begin with a Special Attack, you're not attacking normally. But this overly generous interpretation could be incorrectly argued to allow the player to choose a Special Attack for the second attack or third. But this is actually excluded by the same opening preposition. Once you stop attacking normally the power is instantly negated.

Let's look at one other power, the Fen Hydra's Hydra Heads:
HYDRA HEADS
When this Fen Hydra attacks, it may attack up to 4 times. Reduce the number of attacks this Fen Hydra can attack by 1 for each Wound Marker on this Army Card.
If the Hyrda takes wounds from Opportunity Strike or Counter Strike, his future attacks are instantly negated - even if, such as the case could be with Opportunity Strike, no attack actually happened. This is the same syntactical effect that would negate Racheim's Triple Attack the instant the player tried to use a Special Attack. You check the condition of "When Rachiem attacks normally", if normally = FALSE no additional attacks.

(edit) According to the current interpretation of Evar Scarcarver's Double Assault, my above reasoning is wrong.

Last edited by Shedim Kabal; December 12th, 2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old November 24th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Arch-vile is correct, and Quick Release Special Attack illustrates the point that you choose one or the other but you may not do both.
As does Nilfheim's Ice Shard Breath. This is a standard Heroscape rule, guys. Nothing unusual going on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old November 26th, 2012, 10:53 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
As does Nilfheim's Ice Shard Breath. This is a standard Heroscape rule, guys. Nothing unusual going on here.
Lawyers gonna lawyer, whaddya gonna do?
Old November 28th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Question: Is it official policy to use a fat or skinny peanut base for Racheim?
Old November 28th, 2012, 10:54 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
His legs are not far apart, so the smaller peanut works.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old November 28th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Got it. Thanks! Looking forward to using this guy...
Old November 28th, 2012, 11:51 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
His legs are not far apart, so the smaller peanut works.
For future reference though, we in C3V don't have any official policies regarding the different peanut bases. As long as it's a peanut and it fits, you should be able to use it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs