Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old August 8th, 2007, 05:04 PM

stumpy_man is surprisingly tart
400 point army help

this is a 400 point army i've been thinking about and would like some advice on:

roman legionarries x2
roman archers x2
marcus decimus gallus
concan
Old August 8th, 2007, 05:27 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 400 point army help

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy_man
this is a 400 point army i've been thinking about and would like some advice on:

roman legionarries x2
roman archers x2
marcus decimus gallus
concan
Pretty solid, if you really want the archers keep them in, I personally don't like them. But i would substitute concan for ne gok sa. With concan you have a good figure, but he doesn't help anybody in your army and you lose out on 10 pts in the end. With ne gok sa you don't lose any excess points and he hes a great figure that bonds with your romans. Hope that helps. Good luck
Old August 8th, 2007, 05:29 PM

ASmiles Woo who?
Why is concan in that army? He offers no help or synergy with any of the other figures.

I know the Roman Archers have their fans, but I'm not one of them. If you really want to use the archers, you should swap Raelin in for Concan, as she can boost their pitiful defense.

For the same 110 points, you can take the Airborne Elite, who are a better range unit and benefit from Marcus's power (as they are soldiers).

You might also want to consider replacing concan with Ne-Gok-Sa, as he is also a Warlord (can bond with the legionaires) and give you some flexibility when Marcus is dead or not in a useful position. Other warlords to consider (based on points remaing) are Me-Burq-Sa, Parmenio, Venoc Warlord, and Valguard.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old August 8th, 2007, 05:46 PM

yea i was thinking about negoksa. I knew he would survive longer than concan but didn't think he would do as much damage. As for the archers i haven't tried them yet as i am still waiting for delivery I might replace them if they don't do as well. I think if i keep 2 or 3 legos with they would be fairly protected.
Old August 10th, 2007, 10:24 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
I must concur with the honorable gamjuven and ASmiles in their assessments - an army of Marcus, Legos x2, NGS and AE would be nice. I will also offer this suggestion: If you have 2 squads of 4th Mass Line and Me-Burq-Sa, switch out the Roman Archers and Concan for them. The 4th Mass gives you 8 ranged soldiers to benefit from Marcus and pack quite a punch themselves, and Me-Burq-Sa is also a warlord that can bond with the romans, and has great move with range. The team would be:

Marcus - 100
Roman Legos x2 - 100
Me-Burq-Sa - 50
4th Mass x2 - 140

Total = 390

You still lose out on the 10 points, but I like the way the units work together

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 13th, 2007, 11:20 AM

Yea I like that. Unfortunatly i don't have any 4th mass yet. I hope to be getting some soon. The airbourne elite sounds good also but for the battlefield I'm planning this army for I think I need 2 range squads to be effective. I could change the army though for different battlefields.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion