Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old March 13th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Is there an app for that?

My wife recently received an iPad to use on the job and her employers specifically told her that she should use it for fun as well. So my question is this:

Which boardgames are available as apps and is anyone here looking for someone to play with?

~Aldin, looking to try some stuff out

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old March 13th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Is there an app for that?

I don't even own an iPad but I know there is a ridiculous ton of them.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old March 13th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Awesome link, robbdaman, thanks!

~Aldin, still looking for specifics and players

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old March 13th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Disc Drivin'.
Free for the iPhone version, $2.99 for the iPad HD version with no ads. PitchCar with powers. Plays Async, live through the internet, or face to face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ascension: Chronice of the Godslayer
$4.99. Purchase the Return of the Fallen expansion from the app for an additional $2.99.

Fantastic adaptation of the card game. The app is by the same people who are working on the Summoner Wars app. Playes Async, live through the internet, or face to face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Small World

$6.99. Two expansions are available in app for $1.99 each.

Great implementation of the game, but limited to two player, and only plays face to face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carcassonne

A bit pricey at $9.99, with The River and Inns & Cathedrals available in app for $.99 and $1.99 each.

One of the first really great adaptations of a board game, this one is well worth the money. I can't tell you how many games I've played of it anymore, so the per play cost is very good. The game actually works exactly as it should (with only a couple of very minor quibbles that aren't really even worth mentioning.) Plays solo or with up to 5 players, Async, live over the internet, or face to face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Midway Arcade

$.99, with two sets of additional games available in app for $.99 each

Old school arcade games done exactly like the originals. Joust! Defender! Spy Hunter! Rampage!

More to come when I think of it...

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old March 13th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Some others that are available:

Neuroshima Hex

Ghost Stories

Forbidden Island

Elder Sign: Omens (Almost identical to Elder Sign)

Hive

Dominion

Ticket to Ride

Titan

Nightfall will be coming this spring, supposedly.
And of course, coming soon is Summoner Wars.

I haven't tried Titan yet, but apparently you need to be familiar with the game to play the app. Of course, I also haven't tried the two upcoming ones I mentioned, but I have high hopes for them.

I can say the others are lots of fun and really good implementations. Ascension remains my favorite Ipad game. Playdek did a great job with that app, and I hope they keep it going with Summoner Wars.

~ Akden, loving his Ipad

Last edited by akden; March 13th, 2012 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Added some
Old March 18th, 2012, 08:09 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

So I used a portion of my tax refund to buy the new iPad and decided to pick up some games for it.

I bought ascension, elder sign, small world, and neuroshima hex. My username is TheLastAntidote (same name I use for Xbox and playstation) if anyone wants to play Ascension.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old March 18th, 2012, 09:08 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My favorite app is HS-aholic, the Heroscape app. I believe it was programmed by a Heroscapers member, but I'm not entirely certain. It has all the unit stats plugged in, and offers army creation and generation options as well as dice simulations. I almost always use it nowadays when building armies.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old March 18th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
So I used a portion of my tax refund to buy the new iPad and decided to pick up some games for it.

I bought ascension, elder sign, small world, and neuroshima hex. My username is TheLastAntidote (same name I use for Xbox and playstation) if anyone wants to play Ascension.
Taking you up on that. Friend request has been sent.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
Old March 18th, 2012, 10:48 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:

Taking you up on that. Friend request has been sent.
And accepted... You'll have to excuse my slowness as I've never owned an iPad an am still getting used to it.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old March 19th, 2012, 09:21 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Actually, I just picked up Ascension myself the other day... I have no idea what I'm doing... My username: whitestuff_gbh (if you feel like a slow drawn out game with someone on the other side of the world... )

I'll add a huge vote for Disc Drivin'. I've played well over a thousand games of that one... My username: whitestuff (but I'm usually fairly full of games...)

I also really love Ticket to Ride. (On my phone though...)

The app version of Bohnanza (phone) is good as is Caylus andZooloretto.

Hero Academy is well worth playing as well... My username: whitestuff

Some other apps that aren't boardgames that I love are the little cheap puzzle games. My favourites of these are Where's My Water?; Cut The Rope; and my all time favourite, Trainyard.

Also, Plants Vs Zombies is fantastic.
Old March 19th, 2012, 09:24 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Neuroshima Hex! and Ticket to Ride are my two favorites on the iPad, though I only have a few board game apps at this point. I was very disappointed in Kingsburg, avoid that one IMO.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; March 19th, 2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old March 19th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Monokidnatic

Quote:
You'll have to excuse my slowness as I've never owned an iPad an am still getting used to it.
The only thing that I can say about your slowness and Ascension is that it has a built-in "chess clock" for async games. I generally only use the 14 days option, which gives each player 14 days to complete the game. As soon as you take your turn, my clock starts ticking. Then whenever I take my turn, your clock starts ticking. If one person's clock runs down to zero, they forfeit.

Scaper of the Week #17

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games