Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 11th, 2011, 02:54 PM

kmgenius is surprisingly tart
Kmgenius custom creations :)

I have been making customs for a while now, but most of them look pretty crappy so I am only posting the ones that I think look good....ish. Some of them have the same stuff ex. Dino leap. So any advice or tips would be much appreciated.

I really hope that those pictures show up
Old July 11th, 2011, 02:55 PM

Re: Kmgenius custom creations :)

Yes! It Worked
Old July 11th, 2011, 03:12 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Nice customs

I especially like the Nazi Zombies reference for the hellhounds.
Old July 11th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

To me, this is what customs are all about. I absolutely love the cave troll's fall ability, even though it is uber-unofficial. Crazy things like that ability add tons of fun to the game, imo.

A few things I noticed though- the Utgar figs seem WAY overpowered. Imagine the bone reaper fighting against an army of low defense squad members. He is fragile, yes, but not once he has killed a few things. Then he could be unstoppable. I guess it would be hard to actually get a ton of boosts, but I'm just wondering if 55 pts isn't enough for this guy. The wolves on the other hand seem definitely OP'ed. 4 of them with a super mindshackle ability, yikes. Sure, it is only one roll per turn, but these guys are a ton more mobile than Ne-gok-sa and have a much better ability. I would consider both lowering the hound's defense and/or upping the cost. Just my opinion though, I've had customs that I could've sworn were a certain price but through playtesting it becomes apparent that that figure would never get its points. Once again, great customs. I hope to see more from you.

Arch-vile (p.s. Welcome to the site, or not. I just looked at your join date and you joined before me XP)
Old July 11th, 2011, 03:38 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Dinosaurs - Yeah!

Some quick notes:
Fyorlag Horents: A unique squad with only 1 defense (and less if against huge) is not a good idea. Personally, I would make them common squad, either decrease cost or increase defense, and change the huge -1D to +1D as I could imagine thematically it is harder for a huge figure to swat a small target. Also I would combine flying and disengage into stealth flying.

Utah Raptors: I really like them - unique squad with bonding is where it is at! I also like the more powerful version of pounce from Wolves of Bardu, but being unique they will die more quickly with this

I really like all three dinosaurs heroes you have, but maybe just clean up the wording a bit, such as make Devour the same wording as Grimnak's Chomp except with different D20 #s, and make Dino Leap a combination of chomp/devour and pounce/raptor leap.

Also maybe add markers and put a maximum cap for bone reaper's growing collection, similar to experience markers - as it will just be easier to keep track of how many you have "collected" and if you kill 5-6 squad members, he will be near invincible.

Hellhounds have too much of a chance to knock out markers or take over a figure - make order markers 16+ and take control 19+ and they still would be great.

Overall great customs and I really like the theme and my major nitpick is wording, but I think they seem balanced other than hornets and hellhounds, which is really more important.

Did you playtest them, and if so, how did they do? What figures did you use? Any pics of figures in action would be great.
Old July 11th, 2011, 04:07 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really like the pictures for all the units. The cave troll should be uncommon since he has multiple lives and the brontosaurus should be huge not giant. If you want to change the cave trolls deadly crash to the official dying swipe you could. I personally like his power as is though.
Old July 11th, 2011, 05:18 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Dinosaurs - Yeah!

Some quick notes:
Fyorlag Horents: A unique squad with only 1 defense (and less if against huge) is not a good idea. Personally, I would make them common squad, either decrease cost or increase defense, and change the huge -1D to +1D as I could imagine thematically it is harder for a huge figure to swat a small target. Also I would combine flying and disengage into stealth flying.

Utah Raptors: I really like them - unique squad with bonding is where it is at! I also like the more powerful version of pounce from Wolves of Bardu, but being unique they will die more quickly with this

I really like all three dinosaurs heroes you have, but maybe just clean up the wording a bit, such as make Devour the same wording as Grimnak's Chomp except with different D20 #s, and make Dino Leap a combination of chomp/devour and pounce/raptor leap.

Also maybe add markers and put a maximum cap for bone reaper's growing collection, similar to experience markers - as it will just be easier to keep track of how many you have "collected" and if you kill 5-6 squad members, he will be near invincible.

Hellhounds have too much of a chance to knock out markers or take over a figure - make order markers 16+ and take control 19+ and they still would be great.

Overall great customs and I really like the theme and my major nitpick is wording, but I think they seem balanced other than hornets and hellhounds, which is really more important.

Did you playtest them, and if so, how did they do? What figures did you use? Any pics of figures in action would be great.

Agreed on just about all of these points. Bone Reaper would actually be fine at that cost with a maximum cap for his collection. Hellhounds would also be fine if you changed the numbers for the rolls around and/or made it so they die after 'stealing a soul'.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old July 12th, 2011, 12:50 PM

Thanks for all of the advice guys I'll make sure to change them up a little bit. There will be more soon.
Old July 13th, 2011, 02:20 PM

@lefton4ya
First off thanks for all of the awesome advice. I changed my cards for the better . I did playtest them but I dont remember who against or anything like that. The figures I used.....Well most of them were just toys I had laying around my house. They all fit the Heroscape scale great though. ...actually all of them haha, except for the cave troll, he came from a lord of the rings chess set that I had, I repainted him and put him on a base. All of the figures I repainted and some even modded. I'll see if I can get some pictures of them in action.
Old July 13th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

The Cave Troll's Deadly Crash is straight-up awesome!

He should be either unique/uncommon, or have only 1 life, though.

Also, the dinosaur nerd in me almost punched the computer screen when I saw "Brontosaurus"-there is no such animal (it's an apatosaurus skeleton with a camarasaurus skull-much boxier than the apatosaurus' correct diplodocid skull).

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)
Old July 13th, 2011, 07:57 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Also, the dinosaur nerd in me almost punched the computer screen when I saw "Brontosaurus"-there is no such animal (it's an apatosaurus skeleton with a camarasaurus skull-much boxier than the apatosaurus' correct diplodocid skull).
2 Things:
1. This is a kids game.
2. Wouldn't punching your monitor hurt your hand?

Km, I like that Deadly Crash power. It's far from official, but hey it doesn't matter. Customs aren't official anyways. I also like the Hornet's Squashed Like A Bug power. But wouldn't the word "Squashed" be good enough?

-Squish-

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 14th, 2011, 02:02 AM

I coudnt resist putting on a dinosaur picture with a volcano

Ceratasaurus and bees

Cave troll and Sgt. Drake

King Kong!!

Hellhounds

COMING SOON TO A HEROSCAPERS.COM NEAR YOU!

THANKS FOR LOOKING

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards