Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old September 10th, 2007, 11:52 AM

zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker
Good maps! i like you makeing a reson for eatch glyph.

I do art. Check it out.

http://insanelyzanter.deviantart.com/
Old September 13th, 2007, 12:28 AM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
New map: Southern Tarns. 1 MS + 1 TT
Highlights
Balanced glyph placement
22-hex starting zones
Glyphs
Dagmar - seize initiative by controlling the mountains
Valda - find a speed boost in the surrounding flatlands

Southern Tarns rounds out my collection of "1 MS + 1 expansion" maps (no plans for a "1 MS + 1 FA" map anytime soon). My design goal for this map was pretty simple: snow/ice/glaciers at higher elevations than other terrain.

In general, I prefer heavy snow and slippery ice. However, in this particular case I would recommend light snow and normal ice; the elevated area becomes inaccessible to some figures otherwise.

EDIT 02-06-08: The PDF file has been updated - the starting zones have been rearranged and expanded to 24 hexes.

Last edited by GameBear; April 13th, 2008 at 02:48 PM.
Old September 26th, 2007, 02:21 AM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
New map: Pool of Reflection. 1 MS + 2 FF
Highlights
Symmetrical Layout
21-hex starting zones
Glyphs
3 potential glyph locations

My first map using more than one expansion. I wish I could say I enjoyed designing it, but the map I envisioned required more terrain. Anyway, this map has a smaller footprint than my previous maps despite the extra set. It also has (0 to 3) random glyphs rather than specified glyphs.

Old September 28th, 2007, 03:04 AM
The Silent Cartographer

New map: Embattled Fen. 1 SM + 1 FA
Highlights
Symmetrical layout
23-hex starting zones
Glyphs
Wannok - fear the fen

Swarm of the Marro! Not a lot of terrain, so I decided to bolster it with the castle set. I felt Wannok was the best choice of the new glyphs, but feel free to substitute whatever glyph you like. There seem to be some strong feelings about the Wannok glyph.

Use of the castle set was a thematic decision, but it also resulted in every terrain set being represented at least once in my maps. Between that and temporarily having run out of new ideas, I most likely won't be adding more maps anytime soon.

EDIT 02-06-08: The PDF file has been updated - Embattled Fen now has 24-hex starting zones.

Old September 28th, 2007, 05:58 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
That's good for battling... might even be competetive. Might.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old October 1st, 2007, 02:51 PM
The Silent Cartographer

New map: Temptation. 1 MS + 1 VW
Highlights
Symmetrical Layout
Challenging glyph placement
23-hex starting zones
Glyphs
Gerda - brave the lava field to toughen defenses
Dagmar - take a risk to gain initiative
Valda - visit the hot springs for an energy boost
Astrid - seek the hidden source of power

This is a rework of one of my previous maps - Lure. Lure was the least popular of my maps, so I decided a revision was in order. Temptation retains the central characteristics of Lure. However, this version is significantly smaller, which should make the map more practical and the extension more playable. Temptation also has slightly larger start zones, and is a bit more visually appealing.

Last edited by GameBear; April 13th, 2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old October 1st, 2007, 03:23 PM

elf326 is surprisingly tart
Great maps Gamebear! I can't wait to see more of your work.
Old October 2nd, 2007, 05:12 AM

Gen Hex Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBear
New map: Embattled Fen. 1 SM + 1 FA
Highlights
Symmetrical Layout
23-hex starting zones
Glyphs
Wannok - fear the fen
Which map builder are you using that has SWOM hexes?"

My Maps.
My Map Photos.
Good Traders = Pwally a.k.a. uniqueheroscaper & Dochaun
**Always looking for HS games in the Tampa and outlying area**
Old October 2nd, 2007, 09:24 AM
The Silent Cartographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Hex
VirtualScape (version 1.037) - there's a sticky at the top of the Software forum. In the current version, the SotM terrain is on a tab labelled "Divers"; neither the Hive nor the Glyphs are included yet.
Old October 2nd, 2007, 02:30 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Quote:
New map: Pool of Reflection. 1 MS + 2 FF
Highlights
Symmetrical Layout
21-hex starting zones
Glyphs
3 potential glyph locations

My first map using more than one expansion. I wish I could say I enjoyed designing it, but the map I envisioned required more terrain. Anyway, this map has a smaller footprint than my previous maps despite the extra set. It also has (0 to 3) random glyphs rather than specified glyphs.
I like this map. Whenever I toy around with map-building programs, I usually end up making a body of water with a circular road around it. I also like the varied heights throughout the rest of the map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old October 2nd, 2007, 08:08 PM

Gen Hex Woo who?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Hex
VirtualScape (version 1.037) - there's a sticky at the top of the Software forum. In the current version, the SotM terrain is on a tab labelled "Divers"; neither the Hive nor the Glyphs are included yet.
Thanks

My Maps.
My Map Photos.
Good Traders = Pwally a.k.a. uniqueheroscaper & Dochaun
**Always looking for HS games in the Tampa and outlying area**
Old October 5th, 2007, 08:18 AM
The Silent Cartographer

New map: Snow Angler. 1 MS + 1 TT
Highlights
Balanced glyph placement
24-hex starting zones
Glyphs
Gerda - soak in the natural defenses of the lake
Valda - race across the lowlands to the treasure
Astrid - control the flank for a stronger attack

Another Thaelenk Tundra map. Snow Angler was designed for heavy snow and slippery ice, to complement my previous snow map. I was also hoping to break out of my symmetry rut, and the TT set is most conducive to asymmetric maps. Snow Angler is not the prettiest map, but it does provide varied terrain in a well-balanced setting.

Last edited by GameBear; April 13th, 2008 at 02:49 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios