Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old October 17th, 2009, 11:04 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Scape-A-Palooza II-NHSD 2009 Wrap Up Thread

The Onacara clan is back home form another fun day of Scaping with the folks from the North East.

Special thanks again to ....

War Gamers Headquarters
House Mouse Games
Chaos Media Games
Wizards of the Coast
Grunge, truth, R˙chean and Guru

I hope everyone had as much fun today as we did and thank you all for helping build maps, take apart maps, carrying stuff and just making it another successful day.

I think Scaperdy went over pretty well...it was alot of laughs and I think a nice little "break" from the games.

Congrats to arp12 (who destroyed loborocket and Darkmage7a) and won himself a Summoner Wars starter for doing so.

Congrats also to our top 3 finishers for the day...

Kildawabit 8-0
ILikePi 6-0
Alysha (sp) 6-0

Full standings (Let me know if something isnt right because I didnt get everyones sheet.

1-Kildawabit 8-0 1.000
2t-Luthien 6-0 1.000
2t-ILikePi 6-0 1.000
4- Nyphot 3-0 1.000
5- Cleon 5-1 .833
6-Matt Kostek 4-1 .800
7t-TomCollins2000 6-2 .750
7t- Ollie 6-2 .750
9- nyys 5-2 .714
10- Onacara 5-3 .625
11- arp12 3-2 .600
12- Rohodey 4-3 .571
13t- the Guru 5-5 .500
13t- Anthony Jr. 5-5 .500
15- Bob (formerly known as Cleon's Dad) 2-2 .500
16- Dylan 4-5 .444
17t- Shades Fan 3-4 .428
17t ToddRedden 3-4 .428
19 1uglyhornedmule 4-6 .400
20t- PJ 3-5 .375
20t- Spoon 3-5 .375
20t BenPepper 3-5 .375
20t Warlord Alpha 3-5 .375
24t Kelly Monster 2-4 .333
24t Jimmy 2-4 .333
26 Pat Troughton 2-5 .285
27 Jay the Beast 2-6 .250
28 Tiffani 1-4 .200
29t Darkmage7a 1-5 .167
29t Brutella 1-5 .167
31t MrsNyphot 0-2 .000
31t Loborocket 0-2 .000 (I didnt have your sheet and only found you on 2 other peoples sheets so Im not sure if this is 100% accurate)
33 Jason Homiate 0-3 .000
34 Mombo101 0-6

I could have sworn we had 35 people...a few of the score sheets were confusing because on some people used real names and others they used screennames.

I got to play 8 games today...4 with my A army and 4 with my B army (no swapping for me )

A Army (2-2)
10th Foot x4
MDG
Guilty
Isamu

B Army (3-2)
4th Mass x3
Sentinnel X2
Isamu

I'll post more about my games tomorrow but will have to say that my last game against Spoon was my favorite because we were both hysterically giggling most of the game...so much so we didnt even realize how good of a game it really was until it ended....and that just made us laugh more.

Oh one more thing for now.....Whoever played on Maps A & B today can you please give me some feedback on those maps (well actually you can give feedback on all of them)

nyys...Lykton Dune sucks....

On another note.... We had 5...yes count 'em 5 lovely ladies playing Heroscape today at Scape-A-Palooza which goes to shos that...CHICKS DIG NESA!!!

Last edited by Onacara; October 25th, 2009 at 09:19 PM.
Old October 17th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Scape-A-Palooza II-NHSD 2009 Wrap Up Thread

I Like Pi even beat Darkmage7a using only a 290 point army.

My post from the other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post
=> Hey all, I'm too lazy to type out a message to everyone like Shades did so here's general stuff. Great to see everyone again; it's been so long since BatB. I love this format, letting you play whoever you want but keeping track of win/loss throughout the day. I know some people got in 7 or 8 games so it's great that that's possible. Scaperdy was fun, and I'm actually surprised I knew so much of that stuff(hmm... just realised no one got the 2 related to Grungebob...). Looking forward to the video (Cleon, didn't you take one?) and playing Summoner Wars when it comes out. Thanks for organizing it, and hope to see y'all in Westford in 2 months!
Old October 18th, 2009, 12:27 AM

Kildawabit Woo who?

This event was alot of fun, i sadly missed most of the game show, as i playing with Mombo at the time. I did notice theat Darkmage7a failed miserably, but now we get to burn Mombo , so it all works out in the end.

8-0 holy cow, i'm amazed and here's my armies:

Army A

Axegrinders of the Burning Forge x4
Migol Ironhill
Brave Arrow

Army B

Kato Katsuro
Ashigaru Yarix3
Ashigaru Harquebusx2

I got to switch armies once, with Bob(aka Cleon's Dad). So he used my Dwarves while i used his:

4th Mass x4
Thorngrim the Viking Champion
Concan the Kyrie Warrior

The dwarves went 5-0(in my hands anyway), and Frank led the peasants to victory twice.
Old October 18th, 2009, 12:28 AM

Kildawabit Woo who?

And btw, its Kildawabit, no double letters
Old October 18th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Look below, click on the blue arrow above for the original
Well, as it was my first tournament/gameday (or, at least, playing with somebody other than my brother and my friends), I believe some random thoughts and reactions are in order.
  • The format was pretty cool. The rumble thing was awesome, as was the two armies idea (very glad we spoke up about that. 4 armies would have been rough to make for me). I just wish i could have used other peoples' armies a bit more often. It was probably the most fun I had had all day using an army composed of units I had never played before and having to improvise a strategy on the spot (with a little help, thanks Spoon!).
  • I now hate the Sentinels of Jandar. Until next time Onacara....until next time. Reflecting on it today, I did make a few tactical errors, but nothing that would have caused me to win the game. It just would have made it closer, delayed my death a little while longer.
  • Rolling consistently is something I apparently am incapable of. Two or three games I absolutely could not be stopped, other games I couldn't roll a dice to save my life, from killing several of my own stingers to just not being able to roll a defense die (Nyys and a couple others witnessed this).
  • Nobody ever looks in real life as you picture them. I think the avatars have something to do with it.
  • "Scaperdy" was pretty good. Arp shocked everybody and Darkmage obviously fails (although he gave me one of his skulls, which is awesome because I really liked his custom, so he only fails sometimes).
  • The army I thought was good actually wasn't and the army I thought was terrible actually did really well Look down below for my armies. You can probably guess which was which.
  • I need more pieces. My lack of commons of any kind is becoming a nuisance.

Ill add more as I think of them.

Anyways, the armies I ran:

A-
  • Stingers X2
  • Syvaris
  • Finn
  • Raelin RotV
  • Izumi

B-
  • Nilfheim
  • Q10
  • Krav

I am fairly certain that my first army outperformed my second. I went 3-5 altogether. Not too great, but I got to play a bunch of cool people and I learned all kinds of new strategies and tricks that will be helpful next time I play.

Anyways, a huge thanks to Onacara for organizing this and such, it was an awesome event!
Old October 18th, 2009, 10:03 AM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Look below, click on the blue arrow above for the original
Well, as it was my first tournament/gameday (or, at least, playing with somebody other than my brother and my friends), I believe some random thoughts and reactions are in order.

• The format was pretty cool. The rumble thing was awesome, as was the two armies idea (very glad we spoke up about that. 4 armies would have been rough to make for me). I just wish i could have used other peoples' armies a bit more often. It was probably the most fun I had had all day using an army composed of units I had never played before and having to improvise a strategy on the spot (with a little help, thanks Spoon!).
  • I now hate the Sentinels of Jandar. Until next time Onacara....until next time. Reflecting on it today, I did make a few tactical errors, but nothing that would have caused me to win the game. It just would have made it closer, delayed my death a little while longer.
  • Rolling consistently is something I apparently am incapable of. Two or three games I absolutely could not be stopped, other games I couldn't roll a dice to save my life, from killing several of my own stingers to just not being able to roll a defense die (Nyys and a couple others witnessed this).
  • Nobody ever looks in real life as you picture them. I think the avatars have something to do with it.
  • "Scaperdy" was pretty good. Arp shocked everybody and Darkmage obviously fails (although he gave me one of his skulls, which is awesome because I really liked his custom, so he only fails sometimes).
  • The army I thought was good actually wasn't and the army I thought was terrible actually did really well Look down below for my armies. You can probably guess which was which.
  • I need more pieces. My lack of commons of any kind is becoming a nuisance.
Ill add more as I think of them.

Anyways, the armies I ran:

A-
  • Stingers X2
  • Syvaris
  • Finn
  • Raelin RotV
  • Izumi

B-
  • Nilfheim
  • Q10
  • Krav
I am fairly certain that my first army outperformed my second. I went 3-5 altogether. Not too great, but I got to play a bunch of cool people and I learned all kinds of new strategies and tricks that will be helpful next time I play.

Anyways, a huge thanks to Onacara for organizing this and such, it was an awesome event!

...and you got a Skahen
Old October 18th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My dad took some pics (mainly of Scaperdy) so here they are:

General shot of the room, lots of games going on.

More games. I'm the one on the left.

The prize table. There was lots of stuff this year, and the raffle was a good way to distribute them.

Beginning of Scaperdy... you can see the excitement in the spectators' faces.

The contestants: Darkmage7a, me, and loborocket. I think that's theGuru in the back, and lobo's son Jimmy is on the left side.

Contestants raise their hands as the audience looks on.

2/3 of the way through the game show... ollie adds more points to my score. You can also see the darkmage had -1100 points at this time.

Onacara as the host of the show with the scoreboard to the side.

The all-powerful Onacara mercilessly interrogates his prisoners.

Contsetants again... deep in thought.

Final picture of the crowd. I'm going to attempt to name them... first row: Tiffany, nyphot's wife, nyphot, player #1 (don't know his name, just that he kept winning raffle stuff). Second row: (don't know her name), Alysha, one of the UConn guys (name?), SuperEsenwein, I Like Pi. Back row: Shades fan, Cleon, (who are the other 2 guys?).

Hope you enjoy the pictures!

Last edited by arp12; October 18th, 2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old October 18th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
I got to play 8 games today...4 with my A army and 4 with my B army

A Army (2-2)

B Army (3-2)
A army: (2-2) = 4 games.
B army: (3-2) = 5 games
Total: 9 games

What part of the math is wrong?

Otherwise, sounds like you all had a good time!

Maybe next year...

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old October 18th, 2009, 10:31 AM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
I got to play 8 games today...4 with my A army and 4 with my B army

A Army (2-2)

B Army (3-2)
A army: (2-2) = 4 games.
B army: (3-2) = 5 games
Total: 9 games

What part of the math is wrong?

Otherwise, sounds like you all had a good time!

Maybe next year...

Jim
B Army (3-1) ...this is why i should just go to sleep after playing Scape all day.
Old October 18th, 2009, 11:01 AM
The New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever!

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!

I honestly love the format, and I think the fact that you weren't forced to play a game if you didn't want to is an awesome idea. It's especially awesome if you're hungry and want to grab an hour break to eat.

Sadly, I went 0-6, but it's all good. I didn't practice my squads beforehand, so some practice would have helped. My two squads:

Team A
4x Zombies of Moridan
Krav Maga Agents
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior
Isamu
Otanashi

Team B
2x Shaolin Monks
Win Chui Wu
2x Marro Stinger
Marcu

But all I have to say is Nyys, your son is an awesome player. He seriously took out my Team A with half of his orcs.

I also need to say, in response to Kildawabit, I feel like a DnD troll now, I need to watch out for fire!

Edit: For being an Secondary Ed/English major, I have horrible grammar

The cake is a lie.

-Insert Witty Signature Here-

Last edited by Mombo101; October 18th, 2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old October 18th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombo101 View Post
Sadly, I went 0-6, but it's all good.
And this year, the part of Jim was played by Mombo101.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old October 18th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Had a blast again... sorry we had to get out so quick, but I got in 7 games(nothing to thumb a nose at!)

I really liked the whole give them directions, and let them go aspect of this tournament, it's really simple, and you get to play the people your interested in playing, instead of Onacara for the 20th time!

Cleon- While I didn't get a shot at playing with you,I had a great time talking with you. I hope you got all the sound on the Game show video... it's was very funny! (I hope to see that on here!)

Cleon's Dad aka Bob- I have to admire how great a player you are Even if it was that close of a game, you got the short end of the stick with the armies!Yet you still beat me with my own Runa! I tip my hat to you!

Onacara & Son's- Well, I got wooped by Dylan, and he should be very proud of the way he played... top notch play their(someone taught him how to play competitively!) And then beat by Anthony Jr. But this one could have gone either way... especially if lava damage had been nicer to me!

Lobo & son- Congrat's to Jimmy for kicking Onacara's butt. It's great to see you, and have our little side conversations amoung battles.

Ollie- I didn't get to much time to talk with you because of all the games I had to cram in the small amount of time I had to play, but I still love meeting up with you.

NYYS- Boo!

IlikePI- I enjoyed our game together, another close one like most of my games. I hope to get to play you again, because your a fun person to play with, with a good competitive mind.
I hope next time we face all 38 times I tried to helm work!

Arp/Arp's dad- It's always fun to meet up with you guys, I love to talk with you, and congrat's on the Game show win!

Jeremy- I really enjoyed my first game with you, I just squeaked out a win!

Guru/Tiff/Ninja- I always love catching up with you guy's, I'm glad you like to new place guru. I took down tiff(barely thanks to Marcu I pulled out the victory) I'm coming for you guys next!!!

I wish I had got to use my Shades more, I only got to use them once, but it was my most dominating win!

I hope to see you guys at the next couple tournaments.

Oh, and if anyone is wondering about the hair... that's what was left of my semi permanent Pink hair from Brest Cancer week at my school.

I played

Team A
2xMinion's-220
Runa-120
Krav
2-4, Swapped twice once with Bob, the other with Tiff!

Team B
2x Shades of Bleakewoode-200
4xStingers-240
1-0
Sadly I only got to play it once, but when I did play it, I kicked major butt!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day