Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old July 11th, 2009, 09:26 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker
Vehicle rules Discussion thread With Greyowl

I asked Greyowl for his thoughts on a batmobile card to go with this.

He was intrigued and so was Iambatman. So they wanted to start a new thread to get input from the whole community. He wants to use a singular set of rules for all vehicals and then use them for all customs, with adjustments.
GreyOwl will be posting his thoughts soon.

I am thinking in terms of a equipment card that gives additional abilities the problem is what will happen to the special abilities of the character. And what happens when the vehicle is destroyed.

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 11th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Vehicle rules Discussion thread With Greyowl

I believe the hard part is going to be turning. Car's can't turn around on a dime, but how do you represent otherwise?
Old July 11th, 2009, 11:38 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

One posibility would be to force you to count turning as a space, like we count going "uphill". then you would move forward one turn one face of the hex move one turn another hex ext. This would describe an arc on the feild.

I figure moving off of a level surface would be a Special ability like.

Treads
can ignore levels of movement less than 3

Hover craft
Ignores Water and Levels of movenent less than 3

The Idea is to make up a set of base Vehical rules and the main special abilities for diffrent types of movement.

Pete

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 11th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I would think that cars would have a harder time going up or down elevations and there would be stricter restrictions on their ability to go up more than a certain number of levels.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 11th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Here's my first pass on a ruleset. I'm sure we'll be doing a lot of tweaking, but it does address the issue of turning radius and elevation changes. My goal is to come up with a set of rules that are generic, and can be used for any genre in HS (Superheros, Classic, Star Wars, etc.)

CUSTOM VEHICLE RULES 1.0

PILOT - In order for any vehicle to move or attack, it must have at least 1 Unique Hero placed on its card. If a Vehicle Card requires more than one figure on it in order to move or attack, it will be stated on the Vehicle Card as a special power. Some vehicles may require seperate figures to move and attack (a Pilot and a Gunner).

PASSENGERS - In addition to the Pilot, a vehicle may carry additional passengers. If a vehicle has this capability, it will be stated on the Vehicle Card as a special power.

[I'm wondering if we should have a symbol on the bottom of Vehicle Cards that shows 3 numbers - # pilots needed, # gunners needed, # passengers it can carry?? ]

Any figure that is on a Vehicle Card may not have Order Markers placed on its card, and may not be attacked directly.

MOVING

TURN RADIUS - A Vehicle Card has two move numbers, seperated by a slash. The first number (known as the Base Move of the vehicle) is the total number of spaces it may move in a single turn, and is analogous to the move number of normal Army Cards. The second number (known as the Turn Radius of the vehicle) is the minimum number of spaces the vehicle must move in a straight line before changing direction. If the second number is zero, then the vehicle would be able to move just like a normal figure. The Turn Radius only applies within a single turn and "resets" at the end of the turn. Therefore, there is no need to keep track of how many spaces the vehicle moved in a straight line between turns.

LARGE VEHICLES - if a vehicle takes up more than two spaces, then choose one portion of the vehicle (a wheel, for example) and count all movement based off the space that part of the vehicle is on. All players must agree to the choice.

TERRAIN EFFECTS - At the end of its movement, all parts of a vehicle must be on the same level. During its movement, a vehicle may not go up or down a total of more than one level. Unless otherwise stated on a special power on the Vehicle Card, vehicles must obey the same rules of terrain as normal figures (must stop on water spaces, must roll for molten lava damage, etc.)

COMBAT

ATTACKING AND DEFENDING - When attacking with a vehicle, only the stats and powers on the Vehicle Card are used. The stats and powers of any figures that are on the Vehicle Card are ignored. Enemy figures may only attack a vehicle, and not any figures that are on the Vehicle Card.

DESTRUCTION OF A VEHICLE - When a vehicle is destroyed, place all figures that were on the Vehicle Card on empty spaces adjacent to where the vehicle was. If no space is available on which to place a figure, the figure is destroyed. After placing figures on adjacent spaces, roll 1 attack dice seperately for each figure. If you roll a skull, place a wound marker on that figure's Army Card.

COLLISIONS - If a vehicle ends its movement adjacent to another figure or destructible object before it has used all of its movement, you may choose to roll 1 attack die for both the vehicle and the adjacent figure or destructible object. If you roll a skull, it counts as an unblockable wound.
Old July 12th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Here's my first pass on a ruleset. I'm sure we'll be doing a lot of tweaking, but it does address the issue of turning radius and elevation changes. My goal is to come up with a set of rules that are generic, and can be used for any genre in HS (Superheros, Classic, Star Wars, etc.)
I'm all about that goal as well.

Quote:
PASSENGERS - In addition to the Pilot, a vehicle may carry additional passengers. If a vehicle has this capability, it will be stated on the Vehicle Card as a special power.

[I'm wondering if we should have a symbol on the bottom of Vehicle Cards that shows 3 numbers - # pilots needed, # gunners needed, # passengers it can carry?? ]
I think carrying passengers, since it will be extremely common, should be in the general rules set, and we should do the symbol at the bottom for how many passengers. Since they're rarer occasions, I think any gunner specifications should be made on the card itself, and any occasions in which more than one pilot is required.

Quote:
Any figure that is on a Vehicle Card may not have Order Markers placed on its card, and may not be attacked directly.
I disagree with this. If the vehicle is stopped, a figure should be able to get out of it and take a turn. If that figure is the driver/pilot, then the vehicle is stranded until that figure gets back in or another takes the wheel. If that figure is a passenger, nothing should really change.

Quote:
TURN RADIUS
This looks good to me.

Quote:
LARGE VEHICLES - if a vehicle takes up more than two spaces, then choose one portion of the vehicle (a wheel, for example) and count all movement based off the space that part of the vehicle is on. All players must agree to the choice.
This one seems to need some refining still. Feels a little too "house rulsey" still.

Quote:
TERRAIN EFFECTS
Looks good.

Quote:
ATTACKING AND DEFENDING - When attacking with a vehicle, only the stats and powers on the Vehicle Card are used. The stats and powers of any figures that are on the Vehicle Card are ignored. Enemy figures may only attack a vehicle, and not any figures that are on the Vehicle Card.
Though I somewhat like the idea of having the flexibility of attacking and attacking with figures inside a car, I think keeping it simpler is probably for the best.

Quote:
DESTRUCTION OF A VEHICLE - When a vehicle is destroyed, place all figures that were on the Vehicle Card on empty spaces adjacent to where the vehicle was. If no space is available on which to place a figure, the figure is destroyed. After placing figures on adjacent spaces, roll 1 attack dice seperately for each figure. If you roll a skull, place a wound marker on that figure's Army Card.
Rather than adjacent spaces, shouldn't the figures be placed on spaces previously occupied by the destroyed vehicle?

Quote:
COLLISIONS - If a vehicle ends its movement adjacent to another figure or destructible object before it has used all of its movement, you may choose to roll 1 attack die for both the vehicle and the adjacent figure or destructible object. If you roll a skull, it counts as an unblockable wound.
This part is unclear. If you roll a skull with the Vehicle, the Vehicle gets a wound and if you roll a skull with the adjacent figure/D.O. then they get the wound, right? There's got to be a slightly clearer way to word this, but it alludes me right now ...

Great start! I think this gives a really nice frame for us to work in.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 12th, 2009, 12:38 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Cool idea.

My and numerous questions...

Quote:
PILOT - In order for any vehicle to move or attack, it must have at least 1 Unique Hero placed on its card. If a Vehicle Card requires more than one figure on it in order to move or attack, it will be stated on the Vehicle Card as a special power. Some vehicles may require seperate figures to move and attack (a Pilot and a Gunner).
How is the Pilot entering? Is it move and enter or move, attack & enter? Is there a certain height limit for a pilot or can Braxas drive around? Are there keys involved or can anyone jump in the Batmobile? It would be cool to have a modified shape to the vehicle cards so that the Pilot card fits into the vehicle...

Quote:

Agreed. You definitely should show how many passengers the vehicle can carry. Perhaps it could be incorporated into the left box info - instead of height?

Can passengers be commons?

Quote:
I think this might not be need. It might be more tactical if I could have marker 1 & 2 on the vehicle in order to get to a destination but then have marker 3 on the pilot who could then leave the vehicle and take a normal turn. If a figure is a passenger in the vehicle they can choose to do nothing and stay in the vehicle or move out of the vehicle for a normal turn. I am assuming that you just move away from the vehicle when you want to disembark.

Quote:
MOVING

TURN RADIUS - A Vehicle Card has two move numbers, seperated by a slash. The first number (known as the Base Move of the vehicle) is the total number of spaces it may move in a single turn, and is analogous to the move number of normal Army Cards. The second number (known as the Turn Radius of the vehicle) is the minimum number of spaces the vehicle must move in a straight line before changing direction. If the second number is zero, then the vehicle would be able to move just like a normal figure. The Turn Radius only applies within a single turn and "resets" at the end of the turn. Therefore, there is no need to keep track of how many spaces the vehicle moved in a straight line between turns.
Great idea. I could see motorcycles have a Zero turn value...

Quote:
Same as double spaced figures, no problem here.

Quote:
TERRAIN EFFECTS - At the end of its movement, all parts of a vehicle must be on the same level. During its movement, a vehicle may not go up or down a total of more than one level. Unless otherwise stated on a special power on the Vehicle Card, vehicles must obey the same rules of terrain as normal figures (must stop on water spaces, must roll for molten lava damage, etc.)
I think vehicles should be able to stop on uneven terrain (within reason of course) maybe one level... The reason why is I think this is that maneuvering a vehicle is going to a bit to difficult if it always has to be on even ground.

Is there a movement penalty for land-based vehicles driving through water? ?

Quote:
COMBAT

Do vehicles get the same height advantage as normal figures?

Quote:
A 50/50 of a single wound doesn't seem consistent with being in a vehicle that is destroyed... I think perhaps a d20 rolling scale of various injuries might be better. You might walk away without a scratch, you might die. If commons are allowed as passengers, they should be insta-killed on a low number (8 or above?).

Quote:
So to run over a figure you have to stop movement next it? I'm not sure that this sounds right. You should be able to move through the figure and keep on truckin'. A different d20 injury scale could be good for this aw well...

I'm looking forward to this as a development. This could be a lot of fun... Time to go raid my kids toybox...
Old July 12th, 2009, 01:26 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I have a few ideas floating around in the ether of my brain. As soon as I can really get them distilled into something concrete, I'll post my ideas. Just a couple quick ideas so far:

1. GreyOwl mentioned only unique heroes as pilots. I don't think that is really necessary. I think I understand the why of it, but there is a part of me that sees a squad of police standing around until their police seargent hero comes to drive the car.

2. whitestuff mentioned size. I think that it should be mediums can drive. IIRC that eliminates pretty much all of the non-humanoid figures. We'll just say that dwarves can't reach the pedals .

3. I think that each vehicle could maybe have a climb number. It is a number that represents the highest number of levels a vehicle may climb per hex moved. The average car might have a climb 1. A 4x4 might have a climb 2. That might be something that is a safe descent number as well. An unsafe descent risks a crash or runaway car situation.

4. I think that the driver should get the order marker and the car is viewed as an equipment card. When the figure is in the car they use the car stats instead of their own. I think there ought to be some sort of bonding idea where a passenger may use a ranged attack from the passenger seat, maybe with a -1 attack penalty. Possibly a fire anywhere during the move as long as they have LOS. The guy manning the machine gun turret uses the vehicle's special attack instead of his own.

5. I agree with whitestuff that vehicles should be allowed to end on uneven terrain. If there is a climb number used then that is the limit on uneven terrain. Something I have been toying with is to just get some sort of singel hex base to attach to the car and just treat it as a single hex object. It's something that might simplify the whole idea.

6. whitestuff mentions getting into the car. I would say that the car should be treated as a space that can only be entered from the door side. Once in that space they may at any time open/close the door. Maybe throw in a condition of not being able to open/close the door if they are engaged. Once in I would say they should be able to attack normally. Maybe if the door is open the attack/defense numbers are unchanged. If the door is closed the attack number drops but the defense number goes up.

EDIT: I really like the turn idea, GreyOwl. My only quibble with it is that a zig-zag line is necessary to approximate 4 directions (n,e,s,w). The turn number kind of kills that idea. I think in the end just sticking with the 6 natural straight lines is probably the way to go, but the zig-zag line to get the perpendicular might be something to consider.

Last edited by Agent Minivann; July 12th, 2009 at 01:34 AM.
Old July 12th, 2009, 08:30 AM

Quote:

I like this option; it would make the cards more consistent and less cluttered with special abilities for passengers and gunners.

Quote:
I don't know maby as a special ability "ENCLOSED" Many vehicles for HS would be open: motercycles, trucks, hoverbikes, chariots, ext.

Quote:
MOVING

Much better than mine this gives a constant rule set that allows for movement of all kinds.

Quote:
Yep Prehaps we can designate that spot on the card with a Yellow dot. I don't see many non hit zones on a vehical.

Quote:
One way around the problem of water is Stop on water if the entire vehicle is in the water. I also think that a vehical should be able to stop on levels difering by its "Climb" stat.

Quote:
COMBAT

Small problem with the Idea this makes every driver and gunner exactly the same. Batman has the same abilities as a 40 point cowboy. I see some 30 point customs coming out with realy lousy stats to be drivers and gunners.

Quote:
Needs to be more deadly. I go with the D20 roll. This could be avoided with a special ability such as ejection seat, or crash safety system. I think they should land in the same space as the vehicle as well.

Quote:
I was thinking more of a D20 chance to get out of the way or take an attack.
All vehicals would in efect have a sweep attack. You could stand your ground and take the hit and get to attack the vehical for free.

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE

Last edited by Felindar; July 12th, 2009 at 08:40 AM. Reason: New thought
Old July 12th, 2009, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
2. whitestuff mentioned size. I think that it should be mediums can drive. IIRC that eliminates pretty much all of the non-humanoid figures. We'll just say that dwarves can't reach the pedals .
Prehaps a listingin the size space insted of Medium 5

Single 4/7

Number of Hexes Hight of vehical/Max hight of driver

The Hight of the Vehical is important just incase someone winds up standing on top of it.

That raises the question. Can you stand on top of a vehical? If it is destroyed dose it become terain or a destructable object. Dose it start as a destructable object? Can superman Smack Greenlantern with the Batmobile.

Pete

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 12th, 2009, 09:53 AM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

LOTS of great ideas and input from everyone! I think most of them can be incorporated somehow. I'll go through all the suggestions later today and post a revised ruleset.

I like the idea of using the left hand box. We really don't need Personality, Class, or Species for vehicles. Those spaces could be used for some of these other stats.
Old July 12th, 2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think carrying passengers, since it will be extremely common, should be in the general rules set, and we should do the symbol at the bottom for how many passengers. Since they're rarer occasions, I think any gunner specifications should be made on the card itself, and any occasions in which more than one pilot is required.
I agree.

Quote:
I disagree with this. If the vehicle is stopped, a figure should be able to get out of it and take a turn. If that figure is the driver/pilot, then the vehicle is stranded until that figure gets back in or another takes the wheel. If that figure is a passenger, nothing should really change.
Good point. So we'll allow Order Markers on figuers in the vehicle, but they can't move or attack until they exit the vehicle?

Quote:
Quote:
This one seems to need some refining still. Feels a little too "house rulsey" still.
Any suggestions? This is essentially how double-spaced figures currently work, so I thought it would be consistent.

Quote:
Though I somewhat like the idea of having the flexibility of attacking and attacking with figures inside a car, I think keeping it simpler is probably for the best.
I agree.

Quote:
Rather than adjacent spaces, shouldn't the figures be placed on spaces previously occupied by the destroyed vehicle?
I thought they'd be blown away from the vehicle, but I could go with your idea, too.

Quote:
Quote:
This part is unclear. If you roll a skull with the Vehicle, the Vehicle gets a wound and if you roll a skull with the adjacent figure/D.O. then they get the wound, right? There's got to be a slightly clearer way to word this, but it alludes me right now ...
That's the idea. Let me know if you think of better wording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
How is the Pilot entering? Is it move and enter or move, attack & enter? Is there a certain height limit for a pilot or can Braxas drive around? Are there keys involved or can anyone jump in the Batmobile? It would be cool to have a modified shape to the vehicle cards so that the Pilot card fits into the vehicle...
Good points. I think it should take 1-2 movements to enter the vehicle from an adjacent space. I think for simplicity we can ignore keys and which door they have to enter from.

Quote:
Can passengers be commons?
I think that would be a good idea.

Quote:
I think vehicles should be able to stop on uneven terrain (within reason of course) maybe one level... The reason why is I think this is that maneuvering a vehicle is going to a bit to difficult if it always has to be on even ground.
True, maybe we can make that a stat of the vehicle?

Quote:
Is there a movement penalty for land-based vehicles driving through water? ?
Same as figures, they have to stop, unless they have a special power stating otherwise.

Quote:
Do vehicles get the same height advantage as normal figures?
I don't see why not.

Quote:
A 50/50 of a single wound doesn't seem consistent with being in a vehicle that is destroyed... I think perhaps a d20 rolling scale of various injuries might be better. You might walk away without a scratch, you might die. If commons are allowed as passengers, they should be insta-killed on a low number (8 or above?).
I like that idea, but do you think it would be too complex for a ruleset? You'd essentially have to refer to the rules all the time to check that chart.

Quote:
So to run over a figure you have to stop movement next it? I'm not sure that this sounds right. You should be able to move through the figure and keep on truckin'. A different d20 injury scale could be good for this aw well...
I wasn't thinking of it as running over, but as a collision. But we could potentially put something in the rules for running over as well...

Quote:
1. GreyOwl mentioned only unique heroes as pilots. I don't think that is really necessary. I think I understand the why of it, but there is a part of me that sees a squad of police standing around until their police seargent hero comes to drive the car.
I suppose there's no harm in allowing anyone to be pilots. The first obvious one that pops into my head are TIE Fighter Pilots.

Quote:
Makes sense. How about Medium 4 through Medium 6? I want to see a Hulkmobile.

Quote:
3. I think that each vehicle could maybe have a climb number. It is a number that represents the highest number of levels a vehicle may climb per hex moved. The average car might have a climb 1. A 4x4 might have a climb 2. That might be something that is a safe descent number as well. An unsafe descent risks a crash or runaway car situation.
I like it!

Quote:
4. I think that the driver should get the order marker and the car is viewed as an equipment card. When the figure is in the car they use the car stats instead of their own.
I think that would work, and keep things simpler, too. That way, you never put Order Markers on vehicles, and that would help with potential weird effects from other powers that affect Order Markers.

Quote:
I think there ought to be some sort of bonding idea where a passenger may use a ranged attack from the passenger seat, maybe with a -1 attack penalty. Possibly a fire anywhere during the move as long as they have LOS. The guy manning the machine gun turret uses the vehicle's special attack instead of his own.
How about ranged normal attacks from passengers. with a -1 penalty to both range and attack?

Quote:
6. whitestuff mentions getting into the car. I would say that the car should be treated as a space that can only be entered from the door side. Once in that space they may at any time open/close the door. Maybe throw in a condition of not being able to open/close the door if they are engaged. Once in I would say they should be able to attack normally. Maybe if the door is open the attack/defense numbers are unchanged. If the door is closed the attack number drops but the defense number goes up.
While thematic, I think this would be too complex for HS. It's almost getting into the realm of RPGs...

Quote:
EDIT: I really like the turn idea, GreyOwl. My only quibble with it is that a zig-zag line is necessary to approximate 4 directions (n,e,s,w). The turn number kind of kills that idea. I think in the end just sticking with the 6 natural straight lines is probably the way to go, but the zig-zag line to get the perpendicular might be something to consider.
When I said how many spaces it must go in a straight line before turning, I didn't mean N, E, S, W. I meant the 6 straight lines from any hex. So to change your heading by 60-degrees to a different angle on the hex would require you to first move X number spaces in that direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felindar View Post
Small problem with the Idea this makes every driver and gunner exactly the same. Batman has the same abilities as a 40 point cowboy. I see some 30 point customs coming out with realy lousy stats to be drivers and gunners.
I was thinking that some figures, like the previously mentioned TIE Fighter Pilots, would have a "Pilot" ability that would give them certain bonuses, like reducing the turn radius or increasing the base move of a vehicle. Similary, some figures could have a Gunner ability. Unless we want to keep vehicles off the custom figure cards altogether, in which case we have to assume that they're all equal.

Quote:
Needs to be more deadly. I go with the D20 roll. This could be avoided with a special ability such as ejection seat, or crash safety system. I think they should land in the same space as the vehicle as well.
That's two votes for the same space as the vehicle, so we'll go with that.

Quote:
I was thinking more of a D20 chance to get out of the way or take an attack.
All vehicals would in efect have a sweep attack. You could stand your ground and take the hit and get to attack the vehical for free.
Maybe instead of a d20, just treat it as a normal attack, i.e., the defending figure rolls defense dice? I'm not sure how many attack dice the vehicle would roll, though. I'm thinking the vehicle should have two attack values, like 5/4. The first is any guns or weapons on the vehicle, and the second is for ramming/running over. So for a normal car, it would be like 0/4 or something.

Quote:
That raises the question. Can you stand on top of a vehical? If it is destroyed dose it become terain or a destructable object. Dose it start as a destructable object? Can superman Smack Greenlantern with the Batmobile.
I don't see why not. They can simply be treated as Destructible Objects when someone is not in them. Or even when someone is in them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations