Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 13th, 2008, 02:00 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth
Top three units for each stat

It's been suggested to me to compile a list of the top three ranked units for each stat value. I have also tallied up which sets contain these units to use as a rough buying guide to get the strongest units.

This is different from the power rankings thread because I am only focusing on raw stat values, and not interaction with other cards, versatility, cost, or any of the other factors taken into account there.

Attack
1st: Jotun - 8
2nd: Su-Bak-Na - 7
3rd (tie): Sgt. Drake Alexander (RotV & SotM) - 6
Spartacus - 6
Tor-Kul-Na - 6
Nilfheim - 6
Wo-Sa-Ga - 6
Honorable Mention: Kozuke Samurai - 5 - Strongest Melee Squad

Defense
1st: Deathwalker 9000 - 9
2nd: Deathwalker 8000 - 8
3rd (tie): Deathwalker 7000 - 7
Brunak - 7
Major Q9 - 7
Zettian Guards - 7

Modified or Special Attack
1st (tie): Krug - 9
Anubian Wolves - 9
2nd (tie): Sir Dupuis - 7
MacDirk Warriors - 7
Blastatrons - 7 (possibly more if attacking a double spaced figure or a figure on a ladder)
3rd (tie): Agent Carr- 6
Roman Archers - 6
Ashigaru Yari - 6
Zombies of Morindan - 6
Templar Cavalry - 6
Tagawa Samurai - 6
Sir Denrick - 6

Modified or Special Defense
1st: Elite Onyx Vipers - 10
2nd: Arkmer - 8 (possibly more if on a ladder)
3rd: Major X17 - 7

Range
1st: Deadeye Dan - 10
2nd: Syvarris - 9
3rd (tie): Airborne Elite - 8
Major Q9 - 8
Major Q10 - 8
Zetacron - 8
Honorable Mention: Mimring - 8 with special attack

Life
1st: Charos - 9
2nd (tie): Krug - 8
Braxas - 8
3rd (tie): Valguard - 7
Jotun - 7

Move
1st: Cyprien Esenwein - 8 Single spaced figure with Stealth Flying
2nd (tie): Swog Rider - 8 Double spaced figure with Disengage
Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider - 8 Double spaced figure with Disengage
Sujoah - 8 Double spaced figure with flying
3rd: Sir Dupuis - 8 Double spaced figure with Tactical Disengage 7
Honorable Mention: Otonashi - 10
Marrden Hounds - 8

Size - Largest
1st: Marro Hive - 17
2nd: Braxas - 13
3rd (tie): Nilfheim - 12
Su-Bak-Na - 12

Size - Smallest
1st: Fyorlag Spiders - 2
2nd (tie): Wolves of Badru - 3
Deathreavers - 3
Marrden Nagrubs - 3

I didn't include size when tallying up which sets contain which figures, since size doesn't play as important of a role as attack, etc.

Rise of the Valkyrie: 7
Raknar's Vision: 6
Collection 2: 5
Orm's Return: 4
Collection 4: 4
Collection 8: 4
Swarm of the Marro: 3
Collection 3: 3
Collection 5: 3
Collection 7: 3
Promo/Exclusive: 2
Aquilla's Alliance: 2
Collection 1: 1
Collection 6: 1

The original Master set has by far more 'heavy hitters' than any other release. This is a good indication that power creep has not set in. It also makes sense why we still see so many of the original figures being played in tournament armies. Many of the things commonly drafted from RotV (Krav Maga Agents, Marro Warriors) didn't make the list but that only goes to show how good it is.

Raknar's Vision is second in the tally. It is a set full of great figures. Even Theracus, who didn't make it onto the list, is a great figure.

Orm's Return and Collection 2 are also high up on the list. I think because these are early releases, they were still filling in the ranks so to speak.

This thread along with Spider Poisions Power Rankings thread should help you get the most bang for your buck.

Spider Poisons thread can be found here: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ght=power+rank
Make sure you + Rep Spider Poison for his work.

PM me with any corrections or additions to the lists.

Last edited by Hogg; August 14th, 2008 at 12:33 PM.
Old August 13th, 2008, 02:04 PM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart
Re: Top three units for each stat

Great post, It should really help the newcomers. I didn't realize that most of the heavy hitters were in the Masterset. I thought most of the figures would get better as time went one. Oh well, Doesn't Zetacron have a range of 8, so shouldn't he be tied in third with the Q bros?

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!
Old August 13th, 2008, 02:06 PM

DeadEye is surprisingly tart

nice post

should help the newbies

and I also did overlook that alot of those are from RotV and that even the "old" units from RotV are still decent.

DeadEye
Old August 13th, 2008, 02:07 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent of Vydar View Post
Doesn't Zetacron have a range of 8, so shouldn't he be tied in third with the Q bros?
Good catch, + Rep.
Old August 13th, 2008, 02:13 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Krug doesn't have a special attack. He only has double attack. So I would say Krug could be at the top of the normal attack. The Anubian wolves also don't have a special attack. Their special ability just adds attack dice to their roll.

I guess I just don't understand your definition of special attack. None of those heroes have a special attack, they are all modified normal attacks.

Anyways great post. It is nice to see stuff like this.
Old August 13th, 2008, 02:17 PM

I didn't define Special attacks like the game does. I meant Special or modified attacks. I fixed my description in the OP. + Rep for correction.
Old August 13th, 2008, 02:22 PM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

Could Otonashi be an honorable mention with her move because of Tricky Speed or would you have to create a new category: Modified or Special Move?

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!
Old August 13th, 2008, 02:23 PM

DeadEye is surprisingly tart

true, she can have a possible of 10 move,

DeadEye
Old August 13th, 2008, 02:28 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
I didn't define Special attacks like the game does. I meant Special or modified attacks. I fixed my description in the OP. + Rep for correction.
Gotcha. Right back atcha
Old August 13th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great list! Do you think you could have a section for smallest figures? Also, 8 is the highest possible move for the Marrden Hounds, not 9.
Old August 13th, 2008, 07:34 PM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post

DeadEye
At that rate, Theacrus would have the farthest move at 11 with 2 from the Venoc Warlord and 2 from Archlor and flying...
Old August 13th, 2008, 07:52 PM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King's Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post

DeadEye
At that rate, Theacrus would have the farthest move at 11 with 2 from the Venoc Warlord and 2 from Archlor and flying...
Actually the MacDirk warriors can get 17 move with their regular move of 5 after bonding with Sir Gilbert when he rolls 12 Jandar symbols.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units