Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old February 6th, 2012, 06:10 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
The Book of Falcon

The Book of Falcon

C3G MARVEL WAVE 11
THE AVENGER INITIATIVE

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Sinister set.
Its model number and name are #055-057 / Falcon.
Its model number and name are #207 / Sam Wilson.

Character Bio - Samuel Thomas Wilson was born in Harlem, New York City, to Paul Wilson, a prominent minister, and Darlene Wilson. Wilson has a natural affinity for birds & takes up training pigeons, and has the largest pigeon coop in Harlem. In his teens, however, encounters with racism leave him jaded. Sam's father is killed trying to break up a neighborhood fight & two years later, his mother is shot and killed by a mugger one block from their apartment. Consumed by grief and "angry at the world" Sam turns his back on his past & moves to Los Angeles as "Snap" Wilson, a professional criminal, gang member, and pimp.
While "Snap" is on his way to "a big score in Rio de Janeiro", his plane crashes on Exile Island (years later, he would say "I actually loved this place quite a bit. It's where I met my two best friends," referring to Captain America and Redwing). The once-peaceful island had been taken over by the Exiles, a group of would-be world conquerors who had collaborated with the Nazi supervillain the Red Skull during World War II. More recently, they had been betrayed by the Red Skull, and were forced to remain in hiding on the island, enslaving the natives. Wilson finds and befriends Redwing, a falcon which he feels a remarkably strong bond with.

The Red Skull uses the Cosmic Cube, a creation that allows its user to alter reality, to mentally fuse Wilson with Redwing, creating a "super-normal mental link" that would, with time and concentration, give Wilson broad powers over all birds. Next, the Skull uses the Cube to rewrite the past and remove the years Wilson had spent angrily living as "Snap". In this new history, Wilson was an upright and cheerful social worker who is eventually lured to the Exiles' island and organizes the natives to fight for their freedom. Steve Rogers (Captain America) befriends him there and convinces Wilson to adopt a persona to inspire the natives in their rebellion. The two create the costumed persona the Falcon, and train together extensively before attacking and defeating the Exiles and the Red Skull. The Falcon becomes Captain America's regular partner in crime-fighting, and briefly even takes on the Captain America costume and identity when Rogers is believed to have been killed.
Later, again as the Falcon, Wilson receives help from the Black Panther, who creates a harness for Wilson, allowing him to fly. When Rogers briefly abandons his Captain America identity, others attempt to take up the mantle, including a young man named Roscoe whom the Falcon mentors. When the Red Skull eventually kills Roscoe, Rogers again becomes Captain America.
Soon afterward, the Red Skull reveals the Falcon's true past as "Snap" Wilson, and unsuccessfully attempts to use the Cosmic Cube to make the Falcon kill Captain America. Now aware of his past but deciding to continue as a hero, the Falcon is eventually named head of the Super Agents at the espionage agency S.H.I.E.L.D.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:
  • N/A
Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 05:31 PM. Reason: png
Old February 6th, 2012, 06:10 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Falcon - Design Phase

NAME = FALCON
SECRET IDENTITY = SAM WILSON

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR
PERSONALITY = PATRIOTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 140

REDWING DISTRACTION
When Falcon is attacked by an adjacent figure with a normal attack and at least 1 skull is rolled, subtract 1 skull from whatever is rolled.

SIX BILLION PAIRS OF EYES
When Falcon or a figure you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Falcon attacks a figure on a Shadow Tile or adjacent to a Jungle Piece, the defending figure does not receive any additional defense dice for the Shadow Tile or Jungle Piece.

AERIAL ADVANTAGE
While Falcon can use his Flying special power, he is always considered to have height advantage on non-flying figures.

FLYING

Last edited by SirGalahad; April 28th, 2014 at 03:35 PM.
Old February 6th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I guess this is early design phase

I'll check back later

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 6th, 2012, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I guess this is early design phase

I'll check back later
Sorry, wife interrupted me as I was copying & pasting .
Old February 6th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

REDWING DISTRACTION
Opponent's adjacent figures roll 2 fewer defense and 2 fewer attack dice when defending against or attacking Falcon, to a minimum of 1 die. The least amount of dice an opponents figure can roll when defending against or attacking Falcon, is 1.

seems doubly Darkseid-ish

SIX BILLION PAIRS OF EYES
Figures you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Falcon that have a range number of 3 or more may add 3 to their range number.

FALCON WINGS
Falcon always has height advantage over figures without the Flying special power. Figures with the Flying special power never have height advantage over Falcon.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old February 6th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Not sure about Redwing Distraction as a power, but I like the other two powers.
Old February 6th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Not loving both Redwing Distraction and Falcon Wings both triggering during both the attack and defense phases. Feels like a lot of overlap ... I'd prefer to see one all attack and one all defense or one kept and one cut.

Also, Redwing Distraction being twice as powerful as Darkseid's intimidation? I know it's localized to Falcon's attacks and attacks on him, but still ... a bit too much for me.

I think if we can reign in those two powers or choose one of them to focus on, this is headed in a good direction.

I like "Protector" for a class. Or maybe Crime Fighter or even Champion?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 6th, 2012, 01:33 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Would something like this as a tweak of the third power work? It seems like the type of power we'd want to be reusable ...

AERIAL ADVANTAGE
Falcon is always considered to have height advantage on non-flying figures.

It's a bit simplified, I know, but I think it retains a ton of usefulness while a bit more elegant ...

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 6th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I like that reworking Bats. Simple and useful.
Old February 6th, 2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
REDWING DISTRACTION
Opponent's adjacent figures roll 2 fewer defense and 2 fewer attack dice when defending against or attacking Falcon, to a minimum of 1 die. The least amount of dice an opponents figure can roll when defending against or attacking Falcon, is 1.
I knew there would be a better way to word it but I couldn't think of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Not loving both Redwing Distraction and Falcon Wings both triggering during both the attack and defense phases. Feels like a lot of overlap ... I'd prefer to see one all attack and one all defense or one kept and one cut.
I agree.
Quote:
Also, Redwing Distraction being twice as powerful as Darkseid's intimidation? I know it's localized to Falcon's attacks and attacks on him, but still ... a bit too much for me.
Really? Darkseid's intimidation is just about his imposing bad presence, Redwing Distraction is about being attacked by Falcon. I am kind of sure that apart from the damage caused by the attack from the Falcon, the distraction of that in the middle of a fight would be more detrimental then a stare.

Quote:
AERIAL ADVANTAGE
Falcon is always considered to have height advantage on non-flying figures.
I can live with that.
Old February 6th, 2012, 04:38 PM

I guess with the distraction power my thought is that it makes sense for Darkseid's presence to be a continuous, passive effect. But would the distraction from the bird really be so easily sustained? I almost wonder if it shouldn't be a D20 type of thing? Maybe something like this:

REDWING DISTRACTION
If Falcon is targeted for an attack by an opponent's non-adjacent figure, you may first roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, the opposing player's turn immediately ends and you may immediately move Falcon up to 4 spaces. When Falcon moves with Redwing Distraction, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

(Not sure how polished that language is ... just spitballing ...).

Old February 6th, 2012, 05:12 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I like that power alot Bats! Perhaps a slightly lower roll, but a GREAT first try. Feels more thematic than subtracting too. BTW, shouldn't he have Stealth Flying?

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library