Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old October 31st, 2006, 12:22 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
Will there be another Wal-Mart Exclusive?

Trying to think back to last year. Did we know about the EOV set before someone actually found one? I mean, was it an expected release? It seems that we're following in the footsteps of last year with the Gencon exclusive, TRU exclusive, and possibly another Wally World exclusive.

Think we'll see another repaint figure exclusive masterset this Christmas season? And if so, what figures do you think we'll get?

Repainted vikings for dreadguls would be very cool.

Sorry if this has been posted before, I searched, but didn't find anything similar.

smallboxgames.com
Old October 31st, 2006, 12:24 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
I mentioned it a long time ago, but no separate thread. IIRC, the EOV set was mostly a surprise. It wasn't shown ahead of time at any of the Cons. I think the first time we heard of it was a WM employee finding it in the system or something like that.
Old October 31st, 2006, 12:25 PM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
Re: Will there be another Wal-Mart Exclusive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjohn
Trying to think back to last year. Did we know about the EOV set before someone actually found one?
Yeah, Truth showed us the EOV's before they were released last year.
Right, Truth?
Old October 31st, 2006, 03:05 PM

WreakLoosE has disabled reputation
Whats IIRC??

Don't worry, This will only hurt a little. But for you.. I will try to make it hurt worse.
Old October 31st, 2006, 03:21 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WreakLoosE
Whats IIRC??
If I Recall Correctly
Old October 31st, 2006, 03:24 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
personally, I hope not. Or at least if they do. Marketing isn't going to give us a nother dry run, by packaging it with other stuff we already have plenty of, to force us to rebuy it again, or hope they don't put it out as a special set, then charge through the ass for it (AKA flagbearers). The only exclusive set, i've seen come out so far, that didn't give it to all of us, in the hinder...was lava set. Ever other release still makes my azz hurt.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old October 31st, 2006, 03:31 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
I personally wouldn't mind another EOV-like exclusive, but that's just because I want more Master Sets anyway. It would be VERY frustrating if I had my fill of Masters (though...I can't see that ever happening!)
Old October 31st, 2006, 04:16 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
I'd want another. Pin it to the Castles or something, make it a common.
Old October 31st, 2006, 04:20 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
i'd like to see a target exclusive...didn't someone redo the EOV shortly last year to combat a Target exclusive?
Old October 31st, 2006, 04:37 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
I'd want another. Pin it to the Castles or something, make it a common.
That works for me! Except for the common part.
Old October 31st, 2006, 04:50 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
We learned about EOVs from a Wally World employee If I Recall Correctly.

I think we learned about them in September or October of last year? They were released around Thanksgiving.
Old October 31st, 2006, 04:58 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
why do you guys buy into the fact that is acceptable to pack a new figure with a set that has been out for awhile. What about the people that went ape**** and bought everything they wanted out of those sets? now they have to spend a crapload just to get one figure? That isn't right, in any marketing aspect. Don't just think it's ok, and allow hasbro to keep marketing things this way. If they want to do an exclusive. Have a wave pack with all new figures available for a store. Hell..have them be all repaints and give them new stats..i don't care. just don't attach them to any set that has been already out, and don't charge a rediclious amount.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion