Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old May 22nd, 2009, 03:46 AM

Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Virtualscape sources

The sources are available here :
http://didier.paradis.free.fr/virtua...capeEditor.zip

I will deliver some information about that source later.
Have fun.
Old May 24th, 2009, 03:24 AM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzzzz View Post
The sources are available here :
http://didier.paradis.free.fr/virtua...capeEditor.zip

I will deliver some information about that source later.
Have fun.
Thanks a lot Zzzzz! Please let us know when you release more information about the source!

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old June 2nd, 2009, 11:02 PM

releasethedogs is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Is it possible to port this program to the mac?
Old June 2nd, 2009, 11:25 PM

TOG knows what's in an order marker TOG knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by releasethedogs View Post
Now that you have access to the source, it should be possible.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 03:18 AM

Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by releasethedogs View Post
Of course like all program but you need a lot of modification because I use MFC for HMI and this need to be rewrite for mac.
Old July 12th, 2009, 01:15 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Wow, I can't believe I missed this thread all this time. This is super sad, even though I use a Mac so almost never used the software. I always appreciated the quality of the software.

I hope someone is able to take this on as this has been of huge value to the community.
Old July 12th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Like so many have stated here, I'm very sad to see you go, Zzzzz. However, I'm extremely pleased to see you open up the source to the community. I hope that all current contributors of Heroscape software in this community (e.g. Jay/Battleplan) will go this route as well, and only wish that some of our past contributors (e.g. Logrey/HSCM) had done so as well.

If I may make a suggestion to the community: I do not think this source should be taken up by a single person. I believe it should be made available publicly in the truest sense of the open source paradigm. Instead of a model where a lone contributor produces software that we all use for a while, until Real Life (that cruel mistress) takes them away, we really need a model where everyone can contribute, as their talents allow, and those contributions continue to live on long after they're gone.

However, there must always be one person (or perhaps two people; more just gets confusing) who is "in charge" of the project. Happily, that does not have to be a programmer! It only has to be someone who is willing to take on the administrative duties. Someone who manages the codebase, handles releases, hands out commit bits, and seeks out a replacement when they too must move on. That's all that's really required. And there must be a backup person, someone who can step in if Real Life really deals out a bad hand and the project manager disappears suddenly. The backup just has all the passwords and knows all the places things are buried, but they don't do anything on a day-to-day basis.

Sadly, I can not be the project manager. I would, however, be willing to be the backup, and I can be a contributor, in small ways. Although my graphics expertise is truly awful, my C++ is pretty good, if a bit rusty. So there are probably plenty of back-end bits that I could be very helpful with. But I just don't have the time to be able to commit to being the project manager right now.

If someone would please volunteer to do this, we could move on to the next step, which would be coming to concensus on where to host the code. I would vote either code.google.com or github. I'm more familiar with Subversion, but I hear git (and github) has some exciting new features which really lend themselves to distributed development. And if this entire paragraph sounds like gobbledygook to you, that may be a sign that you don't want to volunteer, unless you know you've got some serious time to devote to de-gobbledygook-ing it (and presumably you have an interest in doing so).

Looking forward to seeing this project take off and be our first major community win!
Old July 13th, 2009, 05:25 AM

Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker

We can't thank you enough, Zzzzz. I know what it means a thing like VS, so i bow to your efforts.
Ciao

Would you like to listen to my music?

Old July 13th, 2009, 05:33 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Lord its Parduz....I haven't seen you forever brother!!!!

VirtualScape....its so good it even can ressurect old schoool members
Old July 13th, 2009, 06:02 AM

Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker

OT
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
Lord its Parduz....I haven't seen you forever brother!!!!
VirtualScape....its so good it even can ressurect old schoool members
Hi man!
I'm still with you all. But having no way to get new HS figures /terrains (without selling a kidney) i've not so much arguments to talk about... and i have not so much time to make customs also.
My kids grown, and some of my free time is spent in writing adventures for D&D to play with them. The boy still wants to play HS sometimes, and so another bit of free time is gone.
So my spare time is tiny, and i start to fall asleep much more earlier than the times i was build SolidScape (so it means that i go to bed often at 1:30 am instead of 3 am )

So i come here sometime just to read what happens.

VirtualScape is really fantastic, but i'm stumbled in this post mostly by luck: I'm keeping the source code: i'll learn a lot from that program.... maybe i will be able to add some (much wanted) new camera movement

Would you like to listen to my music?

Old July 13th, 2009, 12:00 PM

bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow! That is a LOT of code. It keeps complaining about "afxwin.h - no such file or directory" when I try to build it though. Any idea what the problem might be?

MSE: Easy Heroscape Card Creation
V2.5 Expanded Glyphs
Old July 13th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaczero View Post
It keeps complaining about "afxwin.h - no such file or directory" when I try to build it though. Any idea what the problem might be?
That's MFC ... perhaps you have the express edition of VC++? Doesn't come with MFC, or so I understand.

Last edited by Xotli; July 13th, 2009 at 01:30 PM. Reason: added link

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software