Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 3rd, 2016, 11:08 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Cheshire - Initial Playtesting

Yes, another one of the things I mentioned in the other thread that I need to get back on track.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 15th, 2016, 01:43 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm sorry but I don't think I'm going to be capable of running the initial in time to get this into the next round of Danger Room testing. I had hoped things would have been better sooner but unfortunately it's not.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 15th, 2016, 10:58 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I'm sorry but I don't think I'm going to be capable of running the initial in time to get this into the next round of Danger Room testing. I had hoped things would have been better sooner but unfortunately it's not.
Hey, don't worry about it, you've got to heal up. We'll be fine with 3 units for the next round. If you'd like, one of us can try to step up here and run the Initial for you though.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old November 16th, 2016, 09:25 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:
Hey, don't worry about it, you've got to heal up. We'll be fine with 3 units for the next round. If you'd like, one of us can try to step up here and run the Initial for you though.
I don't want to put anyone in a pinch but if anyone has time it would ease my worries about getting her finished in time for the anniversary wave.

Old November 16th, 2016, 07:56 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I can see what I can do about knocking out the initial for her. Anything specific you are looking for from the tests? What kind of time line are we working with here? It might not be till next week before I can get them completed.
Old November 17th, 2016, 06:27 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I can see what I can do about knocking out the initial for her. Anything specific you are looking for from the tests? What kind of time line are we working with here? It might not be till next week before I can get them completed.
Heavy hitters should be willing to take a chance at the engagement strike to get in and knock the snot out of her but lower powered heroes and squadies should be scared of the approach.

From a distance should should be ninja/assassin-y and hard to get.

I just want her to feel ruthless and fun but not earthshattering.

Old November 18th, 2016, 03:58 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

What price range were people thinking for her?
Old November 18th, 2016, 12:08 PM
A Man of Taste

Re: Half Off Price

Sorry YK, thought I had updated that already...

170-180 was the range I was thematically aiming for and this was Dysole's gut reaction so it seems like a good starting point.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Not sure. 160-180 feels reasonable to me, but I'm not confident.

~Dysole, giving it her best guess
That's perfect...that's about where I thought she should be thematically. Awesome.

Old November 18th, 2016, 12:24 PM
C3G Landlord

Sounds good. I'll try to knock out the initial next week.
Old November 18th, 2016, 05:11 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Sounds good. I'll try to knock out the initial next week.
Awesome.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old November 20th, 2016, 02:54 PM
C3G Landlord

Forgot it was Thanksgiving this week but I'll still see what I can do. Hero tests on Mon. hopefully.
Old November 22nd, 2016, 06:51 PM
C3G Landlord

Spoiler Alert!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Cheshire)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Just a question on Ruthless Seduction, if a figure it thrown next to her do you roll for it? If so I think that would be a theme break. I think the theme works better here if it only occurs when a figure voluntarily moves adj. to her on their turn.

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
pass, pretty sure I played the Poison power correctly when dealing with Joker's Laugh It Off power but you can read the report and tell me if I did not. It may need a FAQ though just to make it easy on those who are not sure.

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
pass.....as long as you are happy with her coming in at a much lower price point. I don't know the character so if you think she should be coming in stronger based on theme then she will need some adjustments.

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
pass

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
pass

Hero Tests
- Does it pass, Yes or No? yes/no
- What should be the unit's point value? 130
- Give a brief overview. Cheshire failed to compete at the 160 point level and it didn’t even really feel close. Having only a melee att. leads to her having to engage the enemy and thus negates her own Seduction Power. While Stealth Dodge can be frustrating for a ranged attacker, you are still better off making a ranged att. and forcing her to come to you. Then once engaged, her 4 def./4 life does not hold up all that long and thereby limits her poison potential. I have some ideas for how she could become more formidable should you want to hit that 160-180 point range but for now I continued the hero tests at 130 points. She felt pretty good at 130, I stepped her up to 140 for one test but she didn’t seem to fit there as well. In general terms I think she will be a bit swingy with her effectiveness as a hot streak of d20 rolls will let her take down just about anyone in a single strike but that won’t happen all too often. So some games she will easily do more damage than her points while in others she will just manage a few W and that is it before going down. I could see her losing to some 110-120 point heroes 1 on 1 based on her base stats and general power set, but her assassin synergy and the potential for dealing big poison damage keeps her up at 130 IMO.
Map: Underground Catacombs
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library