Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 30th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Star Sapphire (Carol Ferris) - Design

7 seems a little high thematically once her ring is out of power, but it stretchable enough that I can dig whatever works best for the design mechanically.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old March 30th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I don't view having zero battery markers as being 100% out of power either (I mean, they can all still fly and all still have Super Strength), just that it's low enough that they can't do the really advanced stuff.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 30th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

For what it's worth, we currently have Power Rings boosting:

All Four Stats (Green, Yellow, Orange)
Move/Defense (Blue [Sorta])
Range/Defense (Indigo)
Move/Attack (Red)

So it would make sense to me to have the Violet Lanterns be Range/Attack to finish off that "quartet" of sorts. I'd probably pin it at 6 but am fine with it either way depending on what's necessary for mechanics.
Old March 30th, 2014, 12:26 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Good calls. I'm definitely sold on dropping the defense boost from Power of Love 5.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 30th, 2014, 06:16 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Sounds good to me.
Old March 31st, 2014, 02:22 PM

SP updated. I realized that Power of Love 5 could work with the Unique Hero being an opponent's Unique Hero without having to change the wording to Love Bonds as well, since Love Bonds requires you to reveal an OM on the Beloved hero's card and take a turn with that hero in order to trigger (i.e. it can't trigger on enemy figures unless you take control of them or something).

Old March 31st, 2014, 02:23 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Do you want to limit Jealous Passion to just engagements or are you fine with that as-is?
Old March 31st, 2014, 02:29 PM

Thematically, I think she'd attack anyone around her Beloved, so it's OK there. And this way if she wants to choose an enemy figure as her Beloved (not ideal with the second power, but we may want Jealous Passion to be reusable), it works a lot better with just adjacency as the requirement rather than engagement.

Old April 3rd, 2014, 11:23 AM

ERB sent. Almost forgot! I'm getting rusty.

Old April 3rd, 2014, 07:46 PM

The Violet Lantern Corps in general seems very "jealous stalker ex-girlfriend," yeah.

I'll definitely have to consider bonding loops and see whether they should be more closed. Even at only five uses per game, I don't want it getting too crazy.

Should we take you off the ERB list? I always appreciate your input.

Cheers,
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth
I'm not sure I should be doing these any more, since I haven't been paying close attention for awhile, but I logged in a while ago so here I go:

I'm assuming you could use Beloved bonding in addition to regular bonding? For example if her Beloved is Luke Cage, you could 1) reveal an OM on Luke, 2) burn a battery to take a turn with Carol, 3) take a turn with Iron Fist, 4) take a turn with Luke? Nasty.

Now consider this: Carol and Ms. Marvel (also Carol, lol): Reveal an OM on Marvel, burn a battery to take a turn with Sapphire (with potentially 2 attacks), take another turn with Sapphire instead of moving Marvel (potentially 2 more attacks), attack with Marvel. Yeeowch!

Granted, you'll have diminishing returns and a solid 700 or so points tied up, but that's pretty dang good. She begs to be played with someone like Red Skull (keep her moving along and save batteries for big foes) or Captain America (attack loss isn't as severe).

The only other comment I have is she seems like she'd play a bit like a crazy ex-girlfriend. Seems right thematically for when the character was introduced (I assume in the 60's or 70's), but is that all she does in the comics? I don't know DC.... a little misogynistic though.... although I guess the same thing could be said of many female characters in comics.

Old April 3rd, 2014, 07:47 PM

Thanks, David!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Star Sapphire

Is it Valentine’s Day already? Must’ve overslept.

Power of Love 5

This is a great song by Huey Lewis and the News, but you have other designs.

Need to add “numbers” after “Range and Attack”

It’s always great to see battery markers.

I plan to be a real stinker: the Unique Hero I’m going to choose for the Beloved will be in my opponent’s Army!

Love Bonds

Probably need to specify that you’re revealing the Order Marker on the Beloved’s card.

If Kingpin is her Beloved, could she take a turn along with Kingpin and one of the options listed under Organized Crime? Due to losing valuable Battery Markers, I don’t think this would be problematic from a power sense.

Jealous Passion

If she catches her Beloved having an affair, she should be allowed to attack him five additional times.

Final Thoughts

Love the design! Why not? Love is in the air!

Old April 3rd, 2014, 07:51 PM

Numbers and card added to the text. What do you guys think about her bonding with multiple bonders? Like Nightwing and the Titans or Kingpin with Bodyguards and Hired Guns or Red Skull and Bodyguards and Hired Guns/a potential Master Motivated figure? Or the Wrecking Crew?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library