Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Notices

Old June 1st, 2010, 08:59 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
HeroSkype?

Has anyone tried to play Heroscape by pointing a video camera at the board and streaming it across Skype or another program?

I've been trying to find a local game, but something always seems to happen. And when I do get a game, it's usually with friends who are very new, so I have to help them out.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old June 1st, 2010, 09:01 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!
Re: HeroSkype?

Sounds...Interesting. I had thought about that at one point but I was not sure how to go about it.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old June 1st, 2010, 11:49 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Have not tried this, but have spoken with many Scapers on Skype.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 2nd, 2010, 12:11 AM

Scape Goes Up to 11! is surprisingly tart

I once played a game of Deadlands with my Bro' (Who still lives in the UK) using a webcam. I actually put it onto the table amongst all the figures and scenery, so on his end it was a first person style game. Kept him guessing where the zombies would come from next

Great Trades With: 'Scaper94, Sir Galahad, Gulp
Old June 2nd, 2010, 08:58 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Wow, interesting idea. You could either have one person have the map and characters or both people would need to set up the same board - the latter being easier to choose your strategy than over the webcam. If you don't trust each other, the dice would also need to be rolled in the webcam view, but overall this could work.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 10:37 AM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Wow, interesting idea. You could either have one person have the map and characters or both people would need to set up the same board - the latter being easier to choose your strategy than over the webcam. If you don't trust each other, the dice would also need to be rolled in the webcam view, but overall this could work.
My friend mentioned this same thing about needing to see the dice so people don't cheat. I disagreed.

I don't assume that someone is going to be cheating. If I suspect someone of cheating, then I'll just not play with them anymore. I would, however, want players to announce the number of dice they are rolling since it's much more likely that someone is going to accidentally think they have height or make a rules mistake (giving a bonus to a figure that doesn't follow the correct general).

I don't want to have to use a second camera or mess up the optimal camera angle on the map so that I can show a place for the dice.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

Old June 2nd, 2010, 11:17 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I wouldn't bother heroskyping with someone that I couldn't trust not to cheat.

I might like to see it when they get 7 skulls or something on Q9's defense... just so I could laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old June 2nd, 2010, 11:44 AM
C3G's Plaid Scientist

Snappleman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snappleman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snappleman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snappleman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snappleman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snappleman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Has anyone wrote an app that's basically a simple instant messaging app, but has dice rolling capabilities? Seems pretty simple to me. Instead of trying to catch the dice roll on the web cam, you just type in 5 and hit enter and the app rolls 5 HS dice and you and one or more connected people see the result. Of course, there would be an attacker and defender section to see who won I'll get right on it!!!
Old June 2nd, 2010, 11:45 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You mean like AIM?

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 01:27 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

You can use the Deadmaxx's Heroscape Battle Dice Rolling program on one person's pc and use screen-sharing within IM or Skype. HiTech126 put it online at http://hsapp.tk/
Old June 2nd, 2010, 01:42 PM
Good is Dumb

I spent quite a while trying to get my external videocamera connected to my laptop so that I could use it as a webcam, but I failed. I will continue doing some research. I also did research on using Skype (which I just prefer--though I don't have much experience with other programs other than AIM or Gtalk), and it looks like you have to use a third party program to make it work. Once again, I wasn't able to pull this off.

Anyone have suggestions?

Old June 2nd, 2010, 02:06 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I would definately be up for a HeroSkype game. I've never played with anyone I didn't introduce to the game and would love to test myself against others. I live in Wyoming and the closest Scaper on here is 4 hours away so my chances of getting in games are pretty slim.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events