Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old April 9th, 2010, 01:28 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!
Project Pokemon - **The Return To Greatness**

This thread is now the primary thread for the creation and design of Pokemon cards for the Heroscape game.

Goals for the Project Pokemon
1. To make, refine, and post high-quality Pokemon-themed cards usable with the official Heroscape game.
2. To capture the feel of the Pokemon video games in a Heroscape environment. Any and all available references to the Pokemon in question will be used to recreate that Pokemon's feel and abilities within Heroscape.
3. To maintain a core group of Heroscapers community members that will make final decisions regarding the cards.
4. To allow any and all members of the Heroscapers community to provide comments, suggestions and general assistance to the creation of Pokemon Heroscape cards.

Rules of Project Pokemon
- The core group of members (Trainers and Junior Trainers) has the final say on what is approved and rejected. Anyone may make suggestions, but only Trainers and Junior Trainers may vote "Yes" or "No". This applies to everything from rules changes to card creation.

- In order to unify and focus the group (and subsequently ensure a higher-quality product), only one card will be in the development phase at a time and one card will be in the playtesting phase at a time.

- As cards are finalized, new cards will be submitted. New cards may only be submitted by core group members.

- A new card will be drafted by one core group member and then submitted to the rest of the group to be revised and prepared for playtesting. The original designer of the card dictates what is and what is not appropriate for the card.

- The core group as a whole has the final vote on whether the card accurately captures the theme of Pokemon within the mechanics of Heroscape as best as possible. This vote is necessary for a card to move on to playtesting.

- The most important rule to remember is to please keep things polite. We are all working toward the same goal. Although we will not always agree with one another, all we ask if that you be polite about the way you express your opinions. If you cannot express your opinion nicely simply do not comment. If you find fault with another person's conduct, PM another core group member or myself.

Member Status and Levels of Participation
There are three levels of member participation - Trainer, Junior Trainer, and Ally.

Trainers - Trainers consistently participate in the creation, revision, and playtesting of cards. They create the first drafts of cards, comment on other cards, and promote the best interests of the project. They have the most responsibility, but also vote on any and all matters.

Junior Trainers - Junior Trainers are expected to comment on cards and promote the best interests of the project. Junior Trainers may vote on a matter in the thread.

Allies - Allies are encouraged to comment on cards and promote the best interests of the project.

Currently, anyone seeking to join the Project will start as an Ally. As positions become available, your level of participation will determine whether you advance or not.

W/R/I System and HS compatibility
W/R/I System:
- Optional Pokescape rules only. When using classic Heroscape and/or Marvelscape, ignore these rules.

- Each special attack on a Pokescape army card will be assigned a type, represented by a symbol.

- At the bottom of every card there will be 3 lists of symbols: Weakness, Resistance, and No Effect.

- A symbol in each list corresponds to what happens when attacked by a special attack of that type/symbol.
- Weakness means roll one less defense die
- Resistance means roll one more defense die
- No Effect means you can target the Pokemon for that attack, but the targeted Pokemon will not receive any damage or effects from the attack. Likewise, if the Pokemon has an immunity to an area affect attack of that type, it will not receive any damage or effects from that attack, but other Pokemon who are not immune and within range may still receive damage or effects.

Classic Heroscape Compatibility:
- W/R/I system does NOT work with classic heroscape, and is NOT influenced by terrain. For example, a figure that is weak to fire type attacks won't receive a penalty from being on a lava space unless explicitly stated on the card.

- Some pokemon will have abilities, such as fly or lava resistant, specifically spelled out on the cards in standard Heroscape fashion and wording in order to reduce confusion and streamline mixing of classic Heroscape, Marvelscape and Pokescape.

Designing Cards
Each member of the core group will be responsible for creating an least one card about every 2 monthes or so, starting with the first R/B/Y 151 Pokemon. In keeping with the best interest of the project, no card may be made for an evolved form of Pokemon until the base Pokemon has been created, ie, don't try to make Charizard without making Charmander and Charmeleon first, in that order.

Voting
On any matter that has nothing to do with a card in creation or playtesting, only the Group Moderator may call for a vote. Only Trainers may call for a vote in the Design Phase. All members may call for a vote in the Playtest Phase.
When a card receives 50% positive votes in the Design Phase, then the card moves on to Playtest Phase. If in playtesting, the card fails to meet the requirements necessary, then the card goes back to the design phase. If the card receives a minimum of 5 successful playtests and 50% positive votes, then the card goes to the Finalization Phase and is ready for the final carding , Book Of and Release.
From this point forward, from the point a Trainer calls for a vote on a card, the ONLY votes that will be counted are votes cast without 24 hours of the original post. The majority of votes cast will determine the outcome of the vote. If, in the total number of votes cast, the majority is less than 3 votes apart, an additional 24 hours will be allowed to either gain a true majority (3/4 total voting ability or 10 total votes) or until every Trainer and Jr. Trainer's vote has been counted. If a majority is not achieved in this time, the card remains for revision and a new vote can be called for later.

Design Order
Design order will go right down the list after we have the Trainers and Junior Trainers seperated. If a Trainer misses 2 consecutive turns to design, he drops to Junior Trainer status and we promote a Junior Trainer to Trainer. This is not to show favoritism towards anyone, or punish anyone for the circumstances of there life, but rather to keep the thread going with people we can depend on to give 100% all of the time.
Our design thread is located here...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=30243

Playtesting Cards
Our playtesting thread, based on the incredible system developed over at C3G is located here...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=30274

Finalizing Cards
All cards must receive final comments, critques and error checks before being ready for release.

Book Of ______
It is the duty of any and all core group members to create a Book Of for released Pokemon cards. Each Book Of will consist of a single post in the Project Pokemon Display thread linked back to the first page of that thread.

We are currently accepting applications for Allies.

Current Master Set List v. 2.0
Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard, Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Onix, Mankey, Primeape, Pikachu, Abra, Kadabra, Jynx, Magnemite, Sandshrew, Sandslash, Gastly, Haunter, Scyther, Kangaskhan, Dratini, Dragonair, Paras, Parasect, Lapras

Current Membership
Wulfhunter667 (Thread Moderator/Trainer)
White Knight (Assistant Thread Moderator/Trainer/Artist)
mac122 (Trainer/Art Director)
Warlord Alpha (Trainer/Chief Editor)
fiddlerjones (Trainer)
NightSwipe (Trainer)
minimoose38 (Trainer)
kaiyu0707 (Trainer)
Chardar (Junior Trainer)
DrAwsm (Junior Trainer)
Xn F M (Junior Trainer)
Creationist (Junior Trainer)
Sup3rS0n1c (Junior Trainer)
Kroz (Junior Trainer)
jwindjackal (Ally)
Carakki (Ally)
Vilsara (Ally)
Takanuva (Ally)
tcglkn (Ally)
MegaSilver (Ally)
White Noise (Ally)
flameslayer93 (Ally)
caltemus (Ally)
Vydar is the man (Ally)
DeathDoom (Ally)

Final Draft for Master Set:
Wulfhunter667: Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard, Bulbasaur, Ivysaur
mac122: Pikachu, Kangaskhan, Pidgeotto
Xn F M: Pidgey
Warlord Alpha: Magnemite, Dratini, Dragonair
fiddlerjones: Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise
NightSwipe: Sandshrew, Sandslash, Jynx
minimoose38: Abra, Mankey, Primeape
White Knight: Scyther, Lapras, Kadabra
Chardar: Paras
DrAwsm: Parasect
kaiyu0707: MIA
Group Effort: Gastly, Haunter, Onix, Venasaur

Order of Operations as suggested by Fiddlerjones
1. General Pokescape Rules - rules that will be used in all Pokescape campaigns
-Evolution (current topic)
-W/R/I
-Trainers
-Glyphs

2. Possible Scenario Ideas
-One-on-One Arena Battle
-Kanto Campaign, Video Game Style
-Rival Battle
-Trainer Tournament

3. Rules Used Only in Certain Scenarios
-Switching Out
-Catching Pokemon
-In-battle Evolution

Last edited by wulfhunter667; March 29th, 2011 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Maintanence
Old April 9th, 2010, 02:45 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread

For those of you who are interested, this is the type of thing we are looking to do. Mind you, this is just a mock-up, but you'll get the idea...
Spoiler Alert!
Old April 9th, 2010, 03:25 PM

fiddlerjones is surprisingly tart

I like the idea of Pokemon Heroscape a lot, but I felt like the other thread was trying to make it a bit too complicated for its own good. The idea is to translate the feel of Pokemon, not the mechanics.

That said, the mock-up looks great. My only suggestion would be that instead of putting symbols on the card, maybe put the element on the card where the race typically goes. That does limit pokemon with more than one race, however, so it's kind of a toss-up.

FiddlerJones Customs
"I ended up with forty acres;
I ended up with a broken fiddle --
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories
And not a single regret."
Old April 9th, 2010, 03:56 PM
http://www.wyoming.gov/

Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker

As an old Pokemon fan, having an understanding of the game, and my experience in Heroscape customs, I propose the following ability for normal evolution.

Evolve
When <unit> destroys a figure, place a red and white Evolution marker on this Army Card. If <unit> has three Evolution markers on its card, you may remove <unit> from the board and place <evolved unit> on the space previously occupied by <unit>.

For example, Charmander would have to have a higher point value because he has the potential to become a Charizard by the end game. If you don't draft Charizard, some of the points go to waste. It would be like drafting Iskra without the Rechets.
Old April 9th, 2010, 04:08 PM

Carakki knows what's in an order marker Carakki knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlerjones View Post
I like the idea of Pokemon Heroscape a lot, but I felt like the other thread was trying to make it a bit too complicated for its own good. The idea is to translate the feel of Pokemon, not the mechanics.
I second this. At certain times, Pokemon has struck me as unrealistic simply due to things like flying Pokemon being defeated by something that can't jump two feet into the air, so Heroscape should give it a chance to

That said, I'd like very much to stake my claim in this project. My contributions include creativity, extensive knowledge of Heroscape lingo (for abilities), and enough experience with Pokemon to not be completely lost. I also may be able to design a new card for Pokemon, so we're not stuck with Classic Heroscape cards or Marvel cards, and can be useful in playtesting with other Pokemon fans.
Old April 9th, 2010, 04:16 PM

Since interest in this is definately there, I suggest first things first. Let's get a good group together and start hammering out the rules we will follow (see above) and figure out where to go from there. One thing at a time guys. You have to walk before you run.
Old April 9th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 View Post
Since interest in this is definately there, I suggest first things first. Let's get a good group together and start hammering out the rules we will follow (see above) and figure out where to go from there. One thing at a time guys. You have to walk before you run.
I just want to make sure we're all on the same page here. Right now we should be working out the over-all rules we're going to be working under (technical stuff like voting rules, and how we pick who's up for design). Then we'll move on to things like design rules (whether or not to include trainers, the type cart, STAB, and the overall compatability level). Then we move on to actual design?

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old April 9th, 2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 View Post
I just want to make sure we're all on the same page here. Right now we should be working out the over-all rules we're going to be working under (technical stuff like voting rules, and how we pick who's up for design). Then we'll move on to things like design rules (whether or not to include trainers, the type cart, STAB, and the overall compatability level). Then we move on to actual design?
That is 100% correct. And to that end, please, read the first post carefully and tell me what you think, what you like, what you think needs to be changed and anything you think should be added.
Bear in mind, with 8 members now, everything, and I do mean everything will now be put to a vote. Agreed?
Old April 9th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I agree. Though I don't think STAB shouldn't be included, it would be too complicated.

I definitely want in on this. I'm not sure how much playtesting I can do, but I can make stats/abilities and cards if everyone wants. ^_^

Also, I don't think we should create altogether seperate threads for the units; we don't have an entire sub-forum to clog up ^_~ but we should definitely keep links to card discussions/playtests and an appendix on the OP.

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old April 9th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I beleive the plan at the moment is to create a second diplay thread for all the cards/rules once we have them. That would also be where we would include any FAQs, and "book of" type info.

Edit: I do have a pretty good way to include STAB, without any math what-so-ever. But I'll leave that till we get there

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old April 9th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I beleive the plan at the moment is to create a second diplay thread for all the cards/rules once we have them. That would also be where we would include any FAQs, and "book of" type info.
Ok, each post as a Book in a single thread seems fine ^_^

I can take care of that if you guys want, because I can notice my card-making skills are rather humbled by what wulfhunter did. :P

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old April 9th, 2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:

Edit: I do have a pretty good way to include STAB, without any math what-so-ever. But I'll leave that till we get there
That's correct. There will be a PP Display thread AFTER we have something to display. The Books of___ will be located there, the cards themselves and everything indexed and referenced on the first page. But we'll leave that til we get there.

Let's save the card creation part til after we have the guidlines set up please.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum