Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old June 20th, 2009, 05:07 PM

bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness
MSE - Easy Army Card Creator (V2.5) (New Glyph Cards)

Issue tracking and source code available on GitHub.

I found this program called Magic Set Editor a while ago. As its name implies, it was originally designed for creating Magic: The Gathering cards. However, it has a very nice scripting system that enables the creation of other templates. I figured I'd try to make a Heroscape template for it, as the Magic cards it turns out are very authentic-looking. This is the result.

An example card made with Magic Set Editor.

http://www.brianmacintosh.com/external/msetestprint.JPG
A card printed with MSE (print scale needed may vary with printers)

DOWNLOAD:

- Required Magic Set Editor

- Required V2.5 Core/Classic Templates - 8.99 MB - (zip)

- Keywords and Wordlists as of Wave D3 (Updated 10/24/10) - 24 KB - (zip)
--- Installation: Extract to Magic Set Editor 2/data. Back up custom keywords first.

Expansions and mods:
Spoiler Alert!

INSTALLATION:

1.) Install Magic Set Editor if you haven't already.
2.) Back up heroscape.mse-game/keywords if you have added custom keywords you wish to keep.
3.) Delete any folders in Magic Set Editor/data beginning with "heroscape".
4.) Download the Official Templates ZIP or RAR.
5.) Extract the contents of the ZIP or RAR to Magic Set Editor/data.

Expansions/Patches:

1.) Install the official templates (by following the steps above) if you haven't already.
2.) Download the desired expansion ZIP or RAR.
3.) Extract the contents of the ZIP or RAR to Magic Set Editor/data.

Don't forget to read the included Readme file, even if you've read it in a previous version! The workflow changes slightly with every update, and you do not want to have a "facepalm moment" later on when you realize you've been doing extra work.

TUTORIALS:

Ability Scripting Tutorial - How to create your own automatic abilities
MSE Template Tutorial - Useful if you intend to modify the template

CREDITS:
  • Additional templating by mac122
  • SotM Cards blanked by Deathbringer85
  • RotV Master Cards blanked by netherspirit
  • RotV Aquilla blanked by darkmask
    • Edited by bmaczero
  • Marvel Blanks by GreyOwl
  • Marvel Superstrength and Flight symbols by hextr1p
  • Glyph and Destructible Object cards by GreyOwl
  • Comic logos gathered by GreyOwl
  • Ability list to Wave 8 compiled by Bixby
CHANGE LOG:
Spoiler Alert!

OLDER VERSIONS:

Last edited by bmaczero; May 21st, 2020 at 12:50 AM. Reason: DanieLoche has been misspelled for years. YEARS!
Old June 20th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Magic Set Editor - Easy, Realistic Army Card Creator

That's pretty cool. It might replace my use of Photoshop....

[+rep]
Old June 20th, 2009, 08:49 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

Dude. I'm going to check this out. If it works like it looks like it does... I love you

+rep either way

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803
Old June 20th, 2009, 10:54 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

Good Stuff. Does it print the right size of the cards? (+rep either way)
Old June 21st, 2009, 01:56 AM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

I'm missing how to change the color (for Generals) of the card. I can only use the default Jandar.

Where's the option to change generals? Thanks

edit: Nevermind. That's really slick- you just type in the general's name below the character's name and it automatically switches the graphic. Nice.

edit again: There's also a dropdown in the same spot. How did I not notice this? this thing is great. Good job.

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803

Last edited by Melwing17; June 21st, 2009 at 02:30 AM.
Old June 21st, 2009, 09:09 AM

bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for the comments! I'm very glad this is helpful .

Quote:
edit again: There's also a dropdown in the same spot. How did I not notice this? this thing is great. Good job.
Yeah, I noticed that the boxes on the Jandar card are hard to see because of their color. I should probably put a darker card first...

Also, you can change the background image manually by clicking anywhere there isn't another text box or image.

MSE: Easy Heroscape Card Creation
V2.5 Expanded Glyphs

Last edited by bmaczero; August 14th, 2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old June 21st, 2009, 09:22 AM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

Is there any way to make the type smaller for the powers. I have 3 pretty lengthy powers on a card, and it just runs off the card.
Old June 21st, 2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Is there any way to make the type smaller for the powers. I have 3 pretty lengthy powers on a card, and it just runs off the card.
Unfortunately, no. I plan to add automatically resizing text in an update, hopefully soon.

V2.5 Expanded Glyphs
Old June 21st, 2009, 03:04 PM

Disposable Hero is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I haven't started using it on HS cards yer, but it works really well for Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh!. Thanks!

Demerge Disney And Marvel!!!
Old June 21st, 2009, 03:11 PM

One thing I just noticed. Very minor. I finished a card, saved it. Exported it as a jpg. Closed the editor program. Everything's great. When I go back into the program later to make a change, I open the file, it's all fine- except it's reverted back to the Jandar style. Still says the correct general text, but it's just blue again instead of red, or whatever. Very quick fix to just switch it back, but I just thought I'd let you know.

My full review is that this is fantastic. I have had a dozen or so customs fully made that I use at home, but had only bothered to post one of them, because it took me so dang long to use GIMP to make a decent looking one. Now I can post them thanks to you. <thumbs up>

Old June 21st, 2009, 03:23 PM

Quote:
reverted back to the Jandar style
Thanks for that (and the shining review) . I'll see what I can do. I've already got RotV Aquilla templates made, I'll see if I can fix that bug and get some variable-size text going and post a new version soon.

V2.5 Expanded Glyphs
Old June 24th, 2009, 04:16 PM

Disposable Hero is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I can't create my own symbol for a general. I tried to import a symbol I made for a Magic set, but it didn't work. HELP!

Demerge Disney And Marvel!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software