Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old December 25th, 2009, 01:11 AM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Sports: NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Strange question, but I've always wondered what would happen if by some bizarre chances, every team in the NFL went 8-8, with equal amounts of wins and losses in their division. What would happen?
Lots of coin flips.
It'd probably stop at Strength of Victory or Strength of Schedule, meaning that probably the worst ranked team coming into the season would go for the division considering their strength of schedule would be toughest.
SoS and SoV are determined by the current season wins and losses, so everyone would be tied there. It would come down to scoring.
Ah, I thought SoS was from the beginning of the season.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old December 25th, 2009, 11:52 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Holy Crap!

42-17 Chargers. That was one hell of a shalacking for what was supposed to be the NFL's hottest team and a "soft" Charger team. Chris Johnson who? League's leading rusher what? Vince Young for 89 yards and two picks? I'm sorry but that was sad. I only wish the game was on poh-peoples tv.

Chris Johnson did have a great game but all those rushing yards (147) didn't translate into touchdowns. LT had his usual 59 yards but 2 touchdowns while Sproles had three touchdowns and 38 rushing yards on 5 attempts. Phillip Rivers only had 264 passing yards so sounds like the Titans just couldn't keep the Bolts outta the end zone.

Last edited by J4Jandar; December 26th, 2009 at 12:11 AM. Reason: I just read about the game.
Old December 26th, 2009, 01:35 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!

They're hot but it'll fade (though I don't dislike the Chargers necessarily, either). The Titans aren't much to be worried about (no offense to our Tennesse fans - I hope they do well next year and get back on track.)

Though this hot streak could continue, certainly...maybe they'll go all the way??

Last edited by Wytefang; December 26th, 2009 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Updated after musing on the Chargers some more...
Old December 26th, 2009, 03:18 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang View Post
They're hot but it'll fade (though I don't dislike the Chargers necessarily, either). The Titans aren't much to be worried about (no offense to our Tennesse fans - I hope they do well next year and get back on track.)

Though this hot streak could continue, certainly...maybe they'll go all the way??
The Chargers have a bit of a let down game in the Redskins next week. Sure the players say that they will not over look the Skins though I am sure what actually happens is different. I would prefer to play a high intensity nailbiter right before the end of the season so the Bolts go in primed and ready to fire.

The NFL is a crazy place and anything can happen. One thing that I know about the Chargers is that they always are up to par against the Colts and beating Peyton is as important as anything to me.
Old December 28th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!

Wow. No sports posts after the craziness of yesterday?

The Saints lose another to another crummy (but on-the-rise) team? Giants get destroyed by the Panthers (making me feel a LOT better about our loss to them last week)? The Colts pulling starters then losing?

Come on, some good stuff out there. Let's get the discussions going!

Also, I think we SHOULD win our game tonight...and in a big way, weather notwithstanding.
Old December 28th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Packers are going to the Playoffs! 4 more yards for Driver and the Packers break another record! Aaron Rodgers is the first QB in NFL history to throw over 4,000 yards in two consecutive seasons as a starter! We crushed the Seahawks, and got back on track! The Giants lost and the NFC is wrapped up! The AFC is just getting started with all those teams wanted a Playoff spot! There are no more undefeated teams left, so no record!

Good enough?

Last edited by ABOMINATION; December 28th, 2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old December 28th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm p***ed off at the outcome of the Ravens game. A loss in a game that they clearly should have won. Alot of non calls against the Steelers and some questionable calls against the Ravens, kept the Steelers in it. In the end a (questionable) penalty against the Ravens cost them a shot a winning, or at least tying and forcing overtime.

Oh well, a win against Oakland and their in the playoffs. I don't expect them to go far in the playoffs, but at least they will be there. If they beat Oakland, which is not a given.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old December 28th, 2009, 12:08 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Pats win huge over the Jags, 35-7 (and would have been 42 were it not for a fumble on the 1 yard line on the first drive of the game). Is the offense finally back? Is the D starting to gel? Do the Jags just suck? I really have no idea, but wytefang called for football talk... ask and yea shall receive.

...and how about the Jets getting into the payoffs because teams are just rolling over for them? Last week they couldn't beat Atlanta at home, but this week they win in Indy (for obvious reasons) and next week they host Cinci who clinched yesterday and has no incentive left (or is there a seeding race for them still?).

-insert signature here-
Old December 28th, 2009, 12:09 PM

Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker

Dang. 4000 yards in one game? I'm sorry I was on a plane and missed that...

Lord of the Rings TMG Events -Gen Con 13
The North American Championship tournament- Saturday at 4 PM. NMN1342543
Battles of Middle Earth - Saturday at 10 AM. NMN1344930
Old December 28th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlax View Post
Dang. 4000 yards in one game? I'm sorry I was on a plane and missed that...

Yeah, I saw that too, and editted it a few seconds before you posted. Still, 4000 yards in one game would be cool to see.
Old December 28th, 2009, 12:14 PM

Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker

Heh, I don't know that you could do that even on Madden with rookie settings...

The Packers certain look like a very different team than they did in September/October.

Lord of the Rings TMG Events -Gen Con 13
The North American Championship tournament- Saturday at 4 PM. NMN1342543
Battles of Middle Earth - Saturday at 10 AM. NMN1344930
Old December 28th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Messy Eater

I don't know, Harlax. The only real difference I can see is that they're protecting a bit more (though not against terribly monstrous pash rushers - let's see them handle Peppers right now) and Grant and Jacobs have finally started running a bit better.

Those are good changes though, regardless. I wouldn't say they're a terribly different team, though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV