Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 27th, 2014, 05:44 PM

damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby!
First time playing g in a out 2 years

My wife and I cleaned up the basement to put in a gymnastics area for our 8 year old daughter including cleaning off an old table that had a bunch miscellaneous gaming stuff on it. My daughter noticed all of my Scape stuff collecting dust and asked about it.

So today i put together a map and we played. I have to say it was pretty fun and she had a good time too. I happened to beat her pretty handily both games be she liked flying around the board with huge dragons picking of all of my "puny minions". The next game she wants to acid breath my face with Braxas.

Old December 27th, 2014, 05:45 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: First time playing g in a out 2 years

Welcome home @damja !

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 27th, 2014, 06:43 PM

damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby!

It was pretty fun to play again even if it wasn't the greatest competition. My daughter "G" picked up things pretty quickly and we've played two full games and just started a third but my other daughter (2 years old) was upset she couldn't help so we stopped for a bit.

The first game I took our her Nilf with a couple of lucky rolls with my Minions of Utgar and my zombies chowed down on her Phantom Knights. The second game my Axegrinders were awesome against her huge figures (I think that was the first time I ever used them).

The third game we have set up my hodgepodge of Hydra, 'reavers, and KMA versus her army of Charos and 4th Mass. I'm looking forward to finishing.

btw I wish I could edit the title - it is a pain to use my phone to message sometimes.
Old December 27th, 2014, 09:59 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Welcome back! To stay, I hope?
Quote:
Originally Posted by damja View Post
I happened to beat her pretty handily both games
I've always been a big proponent of the idea of "don't let kids win just because they're kids." They'll beat the pants off you soon enough, and they'll appreciate it more when they earn it.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old December 27th, 2014, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Welcome back! To stay, I hope?
Quote:
I happened to beat her pretty handily both games
I've always been a big proponent of the idea of "don't let kids win just because they're kids." They'll beat the pants off you soon enough, and they'll appreciate it more when they earn it.
Hard to say, but having someone in the house who wants to play with me will make it easier to play to say the least.

I'm with you on not letting kids win. I definitely have not been playing super competitive tournament armies like I would against gamer friends and am not trying to play perfectly (different than trying not to play perfectly).

In our third and final game of the night, she almost got me with Charos. Luckily I was able to pick him off with KMA from range while he was engaged with rats. It was a pretty close game that had a little luck been on her side, G could have won.
Old December 27th, 2014, 11:49 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Don't let her win, but let her start with more points than you do. That way the game can be more competitive and fun for both of you and she won't get frustrated. As she starts to win, you can reduce the handicap until eventually she offers you a handicap.
Old December 28th, 2014, 09:40 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
My wife and I cleaned up the basement to put in a gymnastics area for our 8 year old daughter including cleaning off an old table that had a bunch miscellaneous gaming stuff on it. My daughter noticed all of my Scape stuff collecting dust and asked about it.

So today i put together a map and we played. I have to say it was pretty fun and she had a good time too. I happened to beat her pretty handily both games be she liked flying around the board with huge dragons picking of all of my "puny minions". The next game she wants to acid breath my face with Braxas.

https://twitter.com/damja28/status/548955506254286848
Awwww that is so cute!

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old December 28th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Good to see you playing damja. Sounds like some great fun. I have always found the dragons to be great introductory figures into Heroscape.
Hopefully this leads to you and ZB arranging another tournament in the future.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 28th, 2014, 11:04 PM

Mimring was what caught my eye originally back in the day, Tornado. I totally underdstand her wanting to play with the dragons.

I asked her today if she wanted to start with more points than me and she said "No, that wouldn't be fair." I have taught her well.

One more game played today and the first win for G. Her Dragonscales bonded with Nilf did a nice job for her, but in the end it was her reavers that picked apart my army of vipers as she was able to control the high ground (with some tips by me making sure she was setting herself up to get the extra attack).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion