Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old June 6th, 2010, 12:56 AM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Sports: NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
Glad to see your still watching the game. It seems like forever since we went back and forth the last time these two teams played.

As for the series. I am really not sure which way it is going to go. The Lakers are much, much tougher than they were 2 years ago and are better suited to handle the Celtics physical play. Having said that, Rondo is a much, much better player than he was 2 years ago and should have a big impact on what happens, if he can abuse Derek Fisher, the Celts have a chance.

My pick is Celts in 7. (course, I am a Celts fan, so take that for whatever it is worth )
It has been a while. Looking at the date of the post previous to mine above, this thread hasn't been active for a year! So I figured what better time to add a little to it than now, with the Lakers and Celtics facing off yet again.

I was a bit worried going into game 1, but was pretty excited to see the Lakers play tough on both the offense and defensive end. The Celtics looked as if they were caught off guard, and weren't able to recover. However, I believe a lot of the Celtics problems had to do with the foul trouble of Ray Allen. When both Pierce and Allen are on the floor together, the floor spacing for the Celtics is MUCH more balanced and open. With him not out there, the Lakers were able to clog the middle and not allow Rondo to penetrate and either pass it to someone setting up on the outside, or drive the ball all the way. True, Boston had a lot of other problems through out the night (KG not being productive was also big), but those two quick fouls somewhat deflated the Celtics even more than they were when they stepped on the floor. They just didn't play hard, and even Pierce acknowledged his disappointment during the press conference.

That said, I expect a harder fought game tomorrow. The Lakers are confident in their rough n' tumble play, so I'm sure Boston is going to try to come out and play even more physical to counter this. I also look for Boston to do something about Kobe getting to the basket. Though the way Kobe is playing, they made need to build a brick wall with razor wire around the basket to stop him.

If the Lakers play as well as they did in game 1, I don't see the Celitcs winning game 2. Los Angeles needs to come out with the same poise and focus, and not get rattled should Boston play the hard D they're known for.

Also... Lakers in 6.

P.S. ~ I agree with Rondo being a lot better. But the Lakers had him pretty well contained last game. We'll see if that remains true in game 2!

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old June 6th, 2010, 04:05 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Your right Hex about the foul trouble on Allen making a difference, he never seemed to be in the game at all. Even when he was out there, he was not really out there. His foul trouble took the C's right out of any rythym that they would have tried to get.

It should be interesting to see how KG plays tonight after Pau saying he had lost something (of course the media has turned it into much more than it actually was). We'll see if that fires up KG and gets him into the series.

The Celts need to win this game I think. They need to prove that they can win one in LA and go home 1-1 and with some confidence. I see them coming out with a lot of energy and take the crowd out of the game early. I see Rondo having a big game (triple double?) and Allen hitting some big 3's while KG hits the boards hard.

Celts 92 Lakers 85

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old June 6th, 2010, 07:04 PM

rshorton is surprisingly tart

I think the Lakers are just to big and long for the Celtics to compete. The mismatch in the paint and on the boards was evident in game one. The Celtics need to improve in these areas if they are going to stand a chance. Which I do not see happening. Go Lakers!!! Game 2: Lakers-102 Celtics-88. Lakers in 5.

Me-Burq-Sa, You-Burq-Sa, We-All-Burq-Sa!!!
~ RSH
Old June 7th, 2010, 06:24 PM

rshorton is surprisingly tart

Wow I was way off on that perdiction lol. Ray Allen was a one man Laker killer last night. What more can I say. WOW.

Me-Burq-Sa, You-Burq-Sa, We-All-Burq-Sa!!!
~ RSH
Old June 7th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I see Rondo having a big game (triple double?) and Allen hitting some big 3's while KG hits the boards hard.
Great predicions, Spidysox.
Old June 7th, 2010, 09:06 PM

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Quote:
I see Rondo having a big game (triple double?) and Allen hitting some big 3's while KG hits the boards hard.
Great predicions, Spidysox.
I guess 2 out of 3 isn't so bad

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old June 7th, 2010, 10:53 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Paul Pierce really needs to shut his mouth and play. There's no denying the talent, but can you just shut up?

Towards the end of the game he yelled at the crowd, something the effect of, "we ain't coming back to LA," obviously implying a 3 game sweep in Boston.

That kind of crap drives me nuts.

-insert signature here-
Old June 8th, 2010, 12:24 AM
Taking Suggestions...

Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Paul Pierce really needs to shut his mouth and play. There's no denying the talent, but can you just shut up?

Towards the end of the game he yelled at the crowd, something the effect of, "we ain't coming back to LA," obviously implying a 3 game sweep in Boston.

Would a Laker fan have a problem if Kobe did it? Doubtful. It's fun and games, but I agree, in the end, the play will do all the talking.

Ty the Awasome is the S.A.S. Commando, Maj. Thompson
...in the LIBRARY...
Old June 8th, 2010, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post

I just saw the replay of that and all I can say is big deal. Players do that kind of stuff all the time. I remember during game 6 of the finals a couple of years ago, Kobe was hot in the first quarter and kept tellling a fan "not tonight" meaning that the Lakers would not lose and that did not bug me either. Trash talking fans is a part of basketball (like it or not), it is the only sport where the fans are close enough to the players for them to actually be heard when they yell, and many players yell right back (Reggie Miller and Spike Lee come to mind). Pierce does need to play better, there is no question about that, but this is a moot issue to me.

Old June 8th, 2010, 08:16 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

It may be common practice in the NBA, but it doesn't make it right. It's one of the reasons I stopped watching hoops 10+ years ago. I'm 100% bandwagon when it comes to the Celtics, only watch when something is 'happening' and I still get annoyed by it somehow.

nyys, who actually keeps the Red Sox game on and flips to the NBA Finals during commercials.

-insert signature here-
Old June 8th, 2010, 12:35 PM

I like trash talking. I always have and I always will. I spent a lot of time playing ball on city courts in Chicago where you had better have thick skin because trash talk was a big part of the game.

I am not saying in the NBA that it is right or wrong, just that it is part of the game.

Old June 8th, 2010, 08:39 PM

Sorry bout the double post.

Game 3 about to start. I expect the Lakers to come out agressive and take an early lead. But I look for the Celts to keep it close and pull it out in the 4th quarter. KG bounces back from 2 bad games and gets 18 and 8 and Rondo continues his big play.

Celts 97 Lakers 93

Edit: early in 2nd quarter of game 2 and Lakers look good.

Can someone please tell the refs that every time a Laker player touches the ball he isn't getting fouled?

Last edited by spidysox; June 8th, 2010 at 09:44 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV