Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old September 13th, 2016, 01:09 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

I'm annoyed at Legends. I like these games when I feel like there's room to explore. Now I'm feeling like I can't win with the cards I have. Sure, I can get more, but. . . Bah.

Maybe I'll feel better about it tomorrow.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old September 13th, 2016, 11:11 AM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I'm glad to see people enjoying No Man's Sky. I wasn't going to get it, regardless, but I can see its appeal. Despite what the hivemind is saying about it.

What's Neverwinter like?
I just started a week or so ago on the Xbox. I'm enjoying it so far. Part of the reasons I like it is that I grew up reading and playing paper RPGs in that world. So to get to visit places I've read about and see the lore come to life on screen is pretty cool.

I've found plenty to do as a solo player. Lots of quests and a very nice quest journal, a totally functional one, to help keep track of them. A nice progression so you don't just wander into an area you aren't prepared for. A slickly done queuing system for the multiplayer raids which allows you to sign up for something and then continue playing as normal until it comes up. Fairly well done UI, especially considering it's a pc to console game. Nice graphics. Very cool companion system which really helps if you play a lot of solo adventuring.

The sheer amount of currencies can get a little overwhelming. There are like 15 different things you can earn which allow you to buy items at various places. I tend not to worry too much about stuff like that though and just collect them as they come. Of course you can buy the main currency for real life cash but as far as I can tell if you are patient you don't ever need to spend rl money as you can earn one type of currency (astral diamonds) and trade them in for the type you would buy with cash.

Overall I'm really impressed with this game. I'm reasonably sure I'm a long way from the end content so it should be playable for quite some time.

- Raider30
Old September 13th, 2016, 11:14 AM

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

What's it structured like? Is it a pure MMO, with solo'ing content, like WoW used to be? Or is it some kind of hybrid?

= =
Old September 13th, 2016, 11:50 AM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
What's it structured like? Is it a pure MMO, with solo'ing content, like WoW used to be? Or is it some kind of hybrid?
Hm, that's a tough one for me to answer as I didn't play WoW. It's definitely an mmo. When you are walking around the towns and areas there are other players and you can interact with them, initiate trades and such. There is a communications window with people lfg, offering trades, etc. I don't think you can pvp except in specific pvp oriented areas, which I believe are accessed through the queuing system so it's not like you will stumble into one and get killed.

You can group up and queue up for multiplayer missions. You can also group up and do the quests together. Like if I needed one that you didn't need you could still run with me and help me complete it. Grouping up also allows voice communication which is super nice since trying to communicate via typing on the Xbox is almost impossible.

There are guilds and activities only for guilds. There are campaigns which appear to be major story lines from the long history of dnd, like the temple of elemental evil, tyranny of dragons, and some others. Though I'm not high enough level to run them so I'm not entirely sure how they work. But there does seem to be a lot of content. The quests are the usual type, fetch, kill, etc, but the stories around them are nicely done which is a plus for me because as I mentioned I read that world when I was a kid so when they mention the 'red wizards of thay' I know what they are speaking of.

Does that answer your question or is there something more specific you were wanting?

- Raider30
Old September 13th, 2016, 11:59 AM

That sounds like a regular MMO, like WoW. Sounds awesome, actually. Now I need to check it out.

= =
Old September 24th, 2016, 02:57 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Just finished getting Platinum for the trophy achievements on Shadow of Mordor, Pretty fun game. I also just tried out The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct on my PS3, I picked it up a month ago from a clearance bin cause I'm a walking dead fan and it looked cool enough. Its surprisingly kind of hard. Graphics are enh. I also ordered a PS4 finally on Amazon. I came with the Uncharted 4 game. I also ordered Starwars Battlefront, Batman: Arkam Knight, Assassin's Creed Unity, and Assassin's Creed Syndicate. It should come by Tuesday. Any thoughts on those games, and which one I should have a go at first. I've got itchy joystick figures. Another Game I finally threw in the console was God of War: Ascension. So far it seems fun, but you can't really beat God of war 1,2, and 3. The stories in those are just way more fun. Maybe it will surprise me.
Old September 24th, 2016, 03:53 PM

Geez, TREX, sounds like you have your next few months mapped out.

Well, @Raider30 , I did get into Neverwinter. I'm running a Great Weapons Fighter, and I've leveled to 39. I have a few little nitpicks, but they're really small. I can't believe how much content there is in a game that's free to play.

= =
Old September 24th, 2016, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Geez, TREX, sounds like you have your next few months mapped out.

Well, @Raider30 , I did get into Neverwinter. I'm running a Great Weapons Fighter, and I've leveled to 39. I have a few little nitpicks, but they're really small. I can't believe how much content there is in a game that's free to play.
Nice! I don't get a lot of time to play during the week so I'm cruising right along at lvl 36 with my Dwarven Ranger. I'm not super far along on the quests as I tend to find and do every quest in an area before moving on.

I'm also taking time to play around with the crafting system. In fact I probably spend way too much time in general just goofing off, organizing my pack, looking for crafting item, and reading every lore item I come across.

The more I play the better I think the game is. I don't think I've come across a game in recent memory that handles the quest journal so well, especially the way the map works in conjunction with it. For someone who accepts every single quest I can find it has been insanely easy to keep track of stuff. There is a grind like every mmo, but at the stage I am at I feel as though I improve every time I play which sure is nice.

- Raider30

Ps: is you didn't know this already look for the drop down that is called 'campaign' and there is a bunch of boxes designating the various quests you've done that are part of a campaign grouping. Once you complete a group you can claim the reward for that group and some of them are pretty decent. I just found this today, heh, so it was nice to claim some advanced craft stuff.
Old September 24th, 2016, 04:30 PM

Sholtz Vexon is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Dark Souls III
Old September 24th, 2016, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider30 View Post
I'm also taking time to play around with the crafting system. In fact I probably spend way too much time in general just goofing off, organizing my pack, looking for crafting item, and reading every lore item I come across.

The more I play the better I think the game is. I don't think I've come across a game in recent memory that handles the quest journal so well, especially the way the map works in conjunction with it. For someone who accepts every single quest I can find it has been insanely easy to keep track of stuff. There is a grind like every mmo, but at the stage I am at I feel as though I improve every time I play which sure is nice.

- Raider30

Ps: is you didn't know this already look for the drop down that is called 'campaign' and there is a bunch of boxes designating the various quests you've done that are part of a campaign grouping. Once you complete a group you can claim the reward for that group and some of them are pretty decent. I just found this today, heh, so it was nice to claim some advanced craft stuff.
Interesting. My "Crafting" is almost 100% Leadership, because I can do that without investing any special items or anything. I can set it & forget it, and occasionally I get stuff out of it. I'm also doing Mailsmithing, but I'm not going out of my way to acquire materials.

One of my frustrations is that the Enchanting system looks really interesting, but it seems to be nearly impossible to get the materials you need to finish the enchanting process. It's this fun thing I can't play with, I just acquire runestones and stare at them, balefully, sitting in my inventory.

I'm trying to clear areas as I go. The time you're spending crafting, though, is time I'm spending killing stuff, so it's no surprise I'm leveling faster.

= =
Old October 15th, 2016, 03:19 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

I really enjoyed playing Lord of the Rings Online. For being something so against the spirit of Tolkien*, they did a remarkable job of staying true to the lore and matching the aesthetic.

*I don't think Tolkien would have approved of MMOs, and the things you have to do to the story and the world to make the MMO work the way they do is a little absurd

I didn't know Neverwinter was free to play, but I'm interested now.

Your custom probably has too much Defense.
--
Come join the Heroes of Middle Earth in creating Lord of the Rings Customs!
--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 15th, 2016, 10:37 PM

Yup. It's an amazing amount of content for a game that's free to play. I've maxed level (70) and there are still vast, vast areas I haven't begun to explore, and I'm still massively undergeared, even at 70, for lots of stuff.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games