Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old March 20th, 2011, 03:06 AM

Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker
Re: What got you into Heroscape?

Lifting up the flap on the ROTV box was all it took. Once I saw that picture, that was it.
Old March 20th, 2011, 03:17 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

The existential need to recapitulate Norse mytholgy in this modern era. Or, as Ragnar said as he jumped down into the dog pit: "ODINNN!"
Old November 19th, 2019, 10:45 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

Arise! From the ashes of time I command you! Let this thread be Necromanced! Let the next generation (and current) tell their story! Long live HEROSCAPE!
@Big Oldprankster @Tiamat @ThugMisting @Brewster @wargamingaddict87 @coachmuskie @Mr. Mackie @GUILD_WARRIOR

Cheers.

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old November 19th, 2019, 11:06 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Its likely this thread was up before I knew Heroscapers was a thing and much before I madw my user on here. What got me into scape was the Marvel set. In my early 20s I was big on collecting action figures and had a room in my House that was just for them to be displayed in. This was before a mancave was a legit thing. I collected many star wars and marvel action figures and seen a marvel set on clearance in a kmart. I picked it up thinking that my kid brothers that still lived at home would like it. I sat it up at my place and invited them over to play it. We all loved it. I then went back to the store and bought a couple more copies of the marvel set so we could have more terrain and figures. At that point I stumbled upon a useless insert that had all the classic waves along side the master sets pictured. I was blown away and needed it all. I found handfuls of heroscape boosters in the clearance isles at walmarts and kmart and bought them all that I could find and went online and bought everything else I could. After a while we started playing the right way and I found my way here and have never left. Heroscape was a big part of bonding with my brothers until they all grew up. Countless weekends of me bringing them out to my house for a scape night. I still get to play every now and then with them but its rare. Recently my daughter has shown some interest along with some of my brothers and sisters kids. Heroscape is the reason I now own stacks of different board and wargames and is also mainly responsible for at least half of my 5400 or so miniatures.
My collection of Heroscape:
Walls and boxes of miniatures and an entire closet of terrain.
There. This thread is risen.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 20th, 2019, 09:15 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

What I remember growing up was that commercial that would always seem to play on television. Eventually I gave in and went to go get some. I think the first set I got was RotV 2nd edition walmart exclusive with the vipers. I can't remember exactly how but I gathered up more after that and eventually found the checklist with each and every set. It was slow but I eventually filled up my list.

The players I would play with were all neighbors and I would create large maps using each and every piece I owned and we played using each and every figure. They got their own stuff as well and we would play at their homes but after less and less play time their pieces soon became mine out of donation; they knew I would have much more use out of it then them. By the time they bought pieces the 2nd master set came out and that's what everyone got, so I now have around 4 of those. I was the only one able to find a tundra set but my friend was the only one with a volcanic set and soon both were mine. One of my friends went and bought as much as they could find, but it was late in the game and the internet was still not the shopping mall it is today.

I truly finished off my collection a few years ago managing to get every exclusive, the only pieces I could never get in store. I never knew the power of common squads having just about 1 of each and I never used order markers right until getting into the competitive arena and making it here on this site.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old November 20th, 2019, 01:22 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

See How did you get into heroscape database & Players who got hooked through Marvelscape
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
My Heroscory [sic]:

Was at a retreat around 2004 and someone said a few people were playing a nerdy game. Checked it out, though it was cool and nerdy at same time, but did not play since I never played RPG or strategy game other than Risk or Stratego and because I didn't want to be associated as a "Gamer". Anyway, did not even remember the name of the game till later and decided not for me.

Late 2005, roomate got job at ToysRUs and bought Master Set 1 on company discount. I played it and liked it, and actually got real into building maps for it, but still did not want to buy own set for fear of being "Gamer"

He mentioned Marvel Version was coming out, so I thought "That can't be too nerdy to play with Superhroes" (I know it defies logic) and bought Marvel Set using his company discount. I wanted more land, so also bought Lava set at same time. Soon bought an oversized Batman and Superman action figure on clearance and made hand made cards of Bat & Sup and was a custom Hero junkie from then on.

Later I bought Marro set for land and figures as more of friends played with official characters. I also bought HeroClix figures and designed my own Marvel customs, however it was harder to find anyone I knew willing to play comic heroes as many friends all bought the expansions and feel comic heroes are too powerful. Now am hooked on playing non-comic 'scape, buy expansions, and visit this site a lot.

So I guess I started playing official set, "got hooked" through Marvelsacepe, and am now hooked on normal Heroscape. Put me in the YES list.
That was from 2009 right before my first tournament where I got hooked on competitive scape.
Old November 20th, 2019, 10:49 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

For me it was getting to a place in life where my kids weren't infants anymore so I actually had a little time for hobbies again. I was thinking about maybe trying to get into D&D, but I wasn't sure that was the way I wanted to go. That's when I found Arena of the Planeswalkers on Amazon for ~$16. I loved it. The miniatures and art work were amazing, the game mechanics were simple but extremely fun with tons of strategy, and you could set it up and play an entire game in an hour or so. I love it so much I started searching for any content I could find on the internet relating to the game. And that's when I came across Tom Vassel's review of AotP where he basically said he liked the game but it just paled in comparison to some game called Heroscape. I bought RotV that night on ebay. I can still remember when it arrived at the house and we opened it up. To say my mind was blown would be an understatement. It was somewhat similar to AotP, but the terrain (so much terrain!) was unbelievable, and there were so many more characters with so many interesting abilities. Vassel was right, AotP is great, but Heroscape is way up on its' own level. I've been hooked/addicted/obsessed ever since. And I'm incredibly thankful to have found a bunch of midwesterners who share my passion for the game. The Michigan/Ohio crew have a really great thing going these days. It's also been a great experience interacting with everyone here on heroscapers.com. I still remember when we were having our first tournament in Michigan how DadScaper chimed in on our thread to give our community encouragement. It was a small gesture, but really nice to have one of the 'big names' in the community show interest in us. Long live Heroscape!!!
Old November 21st, 2019, 01:08 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

My cousins bought me the RotV master set when I was in second grade. It had such a cool toy factor with all the pre-painted terrain and models; it was awesome to build huge battlefields with warring generals!

Plus, there was an orc riding a T-Rex. How could I not love it?
Old November 22nd, 2019, 03:31 AM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

Ah, the times, they were in the wee years of ~2006-07

I don't remember exactly when or why or how I got my first RotV master set, but I remember at a certian point both me and my cousin had one, and we loved to smash em together to make mega maps. I was always much more invested in the game, so while he decided to explore video games, I always used my allowance on expansion packs.

Many weekends there were in those years of my friends coming over on saturday, we would build an epic map of crazy proportions, and then spend the rest of saturday and sunday playing the battle of all time.
Old November 22nd, 2019, 12:41 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
For me it was getting to a place in life where my kids weren't infants anymore so I actually had a little time for hobbies again. I was thinking about maybe trying to get into D&D, but I wasn't sure that was the way I wanted to go. That's when I found Arena of the Planeswalkers on Amazon for ~$16. I loved it. The miniatures and art work were amazing, the game mechanics were simple but extremely fun with tons of strategy, and you could set it up and play an entire game in an hour or so. I love it so much I started searching for any content I could find on the internet relating to the game. And that's when I came across Tom Vassel's review of AotP where he basically said he liked the game but it just paled in comparison to some game called Heroscape. I bought RotV that night on ebay. I can still remember when it arrived at the house and we opened it up. To say my mind was blown would be an understatement. It was somewhat similar to AotP, but the terrain (so much terrain!) was unbelievable, and there were so many more characters with so many interesting abilities. Vassel was right, AotP is great, but Heroscape is way up on its' own level. I've been hooked/addicted/obsessed ever since. And I'm incredibly thankful to have found a bunch of midwesterners who share my passion for the game. The Michigan/Ohio crew have a really great thing going these days. It's also been a great experience interacting with everyone here on heroscapers.com. I still remember when we were having our first tournament in Michigan how DadScaper chimed in on our thread to give our community encouragement. It was a small gesture, but really nice to have one of the 'big names' in the community show interest in us. Long live Heroscape!!!
Long live the mighty Michigamers and the Gem City Heroscape crews! May we forever be at war in Valhalla!

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion