Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old August 7th, 2016, 09:10 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: if you can't go to GenCon - a game from there

Very cool @Hendal , it sounds like it was an epic time.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 7th, 2016, 09:37 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

@Hendal

This was an awesome thing that you did. Thank you. And I am glad that you had a great time.

Grats @SuperflyTNT !

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old August 8th, 2016, 11:04 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Gratz Pete!
Old August 8th, 2016, 11:56 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Hendal, you are a prince for having done this.

I hope neither the sponsor nor the winner of this contest will mind me saying a few things about them.

It was, of course, incredibly generous of Hendal to run this contest and to purchase a bunch of loose minis to give as prizes. In years past, Hendal has paced the Heroscape tables, playing and providing junk food and other treats to the players. This may be the most public of the services he has provided the 'Scape-playing community, but heaven knows it is not the first.

Hendal, I think (hope) you will be pleased to know that we gave away the last of your contributed loose minis as the 6 or 7 sportsmanship prizes following General Wars, on Saturday night. Following that, I saw there were two left. I palmed them and gave one to the little guy in the Spiderman outfit, who had won the Kid's tourney that morning (entrants: 2) and, a couple minutes later, I gave the other to him also with firm instructions to give it to his little brother, who had come in second in the Kid's tourney (entrants: 2), dressed as The Incredible Hulk, and who was watching shyly from a few feet away. That is how we finished making use of your contributed loose minis. Many thanks, my friend.

Our winner, SuperflyTNT, had been a GenCon regular for many years but recently has not been coming. As he put it, from his perspective:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
My favorite thing about GenCon is seeing old friends. Really, that's the only reason to go these days.
His presence there and on BGG - where he's been unceremoniously put out on his butt, for swimming once too often (ok, many times too often) against the tide of the culture that is that site - is sorely missed. He was a worthy winner to Hendal's excellent and generous prize, and you all should know that fate may have played a role here, because it was SuperflyTNT's birthday during the Con.

Late happy birthday, my friend. I'm sorry we didn't get to see you this year.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 8th, 2016, 05:20 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Dad_Scaper - thanks, glad to hear all the prizes got handed out. Hey we where short on prizes and I had a big bag of HS figures, seemed a no brainer. There will be shirts for prizes next year even if I buy them all myself, he he
It wasn't all junk food, I had dried mangos from Costa Rica - mmm mmm good.

Game On'

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old August 8th, 2016, 05:30 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So what else (besides Heroscape) did you check out this year, Hendal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 8th, 2016, 07:47 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Hendal, you are a prince for having done this.

I hope neither the sponsor nor the winner of this contest will mind me saying a few things about them.

It was, of course, incredibly generous of Hendal to run this contest and to purchase a bunch of loose minis to give as prizes. In years past, Hendal has paced the Heroscape tables, playing and providing junk food and other treats to the players. This may be the most public of the services he has provided the 'Scape-playing community, but heaven knows it is not the first.

Hendal, I think (hope) you will be pleased to know that we gave away the last of your contributed loose minis as the 6 or 7 sportsmanship prizes following General Wars, on Saturday night. Following that, I saw there were two left. I palmed them and gave one to the little guy in the Spiderman outfit, who had won the Kid's tourney that morning (entrants: 2) and, a couple minutes later, I gave the other to him also with firm instructions to give it to his little brother, who had come in second in the Kid's tourney (entrants: 2), dressed as The Incredible Hulk, and who was watching shyly from a few feet away. That is how we finished making use of your contributed loose minis. Many thanks, my friend.

Our winner, SuperflyTNT, had been a GenCon regular for many years but recently has not been coming. As he put it, from his perspective:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
My favorite thing about GenCon is seeing old friends. Really, that's the only reason to go these days.
His presence there and on BGG - where he's been unceremoniously put out on his butt, for swimming once too often (ok, many times too often) against the tide of the culture that is that site - is sorely missed. He was a worthy winner to Hendal's excellent and generous prize, and you all should know that fate may have played a role here, because it was SuperflyTNT's birthday during the Con.

Late happy birthday, my friend. I'm sorry we didn't get to see you this year.

I hope to see you sooner than you think, old friend. I'll likely be in your neck of the woods, and I wouldn't dream of not seeing you.

As for everything else, you're too kind. I'm still over at FortressAT.com talking games and whatnot, I'm still at SuperflyCircus.com writing reviews, and I'm also now working as a freelancer for Miniature Market's Review Corner. Edit: You can always offer me a "BGG Citizen Star" to **** off the powers that be there

Thanks for the kind birthday wishes. It was a memorable one this year. Probably the best party I've ever had.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion