Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Closed Thread

Old October 22nd, 2014, 05:24 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Aug-2014 HSers Upgrade thread

works great.

Is there anyway we can get the PMs that the notifications open to open in a new tab instead of the current tab?
Old October 22nd, 2014, 05:36 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
works great.

Is there anyway we can get the PMs that the notifications open to open in a new tab instead of the current tab?
Sorry, A3n, I'm not following. Mind explaining again?

Also, thanks all for testing the image resizer!

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old October 22nd, 2014, 09:19 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
Quote:
works great.

Sorry I'll try...

When you go to the User CP & a PM has been received since last visit, it presents you with a pop-up that says you have a notification. You press the Ok to acknowledge it then another pop-up asks if you want to open the PM if you hit OK it opens in the current tab instead of the CP. If you hit CANCEL you just continue on to the CP.

I think it would be nice if it didn't open in the current tab but a new tab or at least give the option -- either in the pop-up or a setting in your CP.

~Hoping I have explained myself better this time.
Old October 22nd, 2014, 11:32 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Got it! Thanks, A3n. I'll wait until my next PM to investigate this further. It shouldn't be long.

I thought there already was an option in one of those somewhat confusing pop-ups to open the message in a new window. I guess I haven't read it thoroughly.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old October 23rd, 2014, 12:04 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
works great.

Sorry I'll try...

When you go to the User CP & a PM has been received since last visit, it presents you with a pop-up that says you have a notification. You press the Ok to acknowledge it then another pop-up asks if you want to open the PM if you hit OK it opens in the current tab instead of the CP. If you hit CANCEL you just continue on to the CP.

I think it would be nice if it didn't open in the current tab but a new tab or at least give the option -- either in the pop-up or a setting in your CP.

~Hoping I have explained myself better this time.
You can also go under your settings and change it to where you don't get the pop-up notification. That's what I did when they showed up.
Old October 23rd, 2014, 12:05 AM
Super Smurfy

Quote:
Got it! Thanks, A3n. I'll wait until my next PM to investigate this further. It shouldn't be long.

I thought there already was an option in one of those somewhat confusing pop-ups to open the message in a new window. I guess I haven't read it thoroughly.
I just tested this with MegaSilver's help. The first window says,

"You have a new private message!" It lists who it is from and the subject. Then it says, "Click OK to read it now, or Cancel to close this pop-up."

If you hit OK, you get the next window which says,

"Open the message in a new window? (Press cancel to open in the current window.)"

If you hit OK, and allow Heroscapers.com to bypass pop-up blocker restrictions it opens in a new window, at least for me in Chrome. I believe that's what you wanted. Are you getting a notification that your browser (Firefox, IE, Safari?) is blocking a pop-up on that screen?

Old October 23rd, 2014, 12:54 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Except he (and I) wants it to open in a new tab, not window. Hitting OK on the second pop-up opens an entirely new browser, which isn't very convenient.

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; October 23rd, 2014 at 12:55 AM. Reason: At least, I'm pretty sure that's what it did when I tried it
Old October 23rd, 2014, 01:17 AM
Super Smurfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Except he (and I) wants it to open in a new tab, not window. Hitting OK on the second pop-up opens an entirely new browser, which isn't very convenient.
I'll have to test this more. There is nothing a web page author can do to force it in a new tab instead of a new window. There *is* something they can do to try and force something into a new window instead of a tab (the opposite of what you want). Assuming the vBulletin default isn't doing that (that's what I have to test--please someone send me a pm again. )

The behavior (new window vs new tab) generally depends on how your browser is setup. In Firefox, there is a "Open new windows in a new tab instead" option. Internet Explorer has similar options (Tools > Internet Options > General > Tabs > Setting). In Chrome, there is an extension that accomplishes the same thing.

Old October 23rd, 2014, 01:52 AM

Yeah sorry (again) I was referring to a tab not window. I use Waterfox mainly but also Chrome (I will check that extension out later).
Old October 23rd, 2014, 10:39 AM
Super Smurfy

@A3n , @awesomeunleashed

Thanks to another PM test by @MegaSilver , I was able to confirm that vBulletin *did* have the code in it that caused it to sometimes override the user preference of loading new stuff in a tab. I removed that code.

That means from now on the browser setting to open new things in tabs instead of windows should always be respected.

Old October 23rd, 2014, 11:16 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Ooh, I want to test it! Send me a PM
Old October 23rd, 2014, 11:40 AM
Super Smurfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Ooh, I want to test it! Send me a PM
Porkins and I traded PMs. The change worked in both of our browsers.

Let me know if it still isn't working as it should for someone.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online