Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old May 29th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Twenty Questioner

TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker
What if you roll too many attack dice?

What is the etiquette if you roll too many attack dice?

Do you get to pull some back out of what was rolled or do you re roll?

I notice in the first edition rules it says if you forgot to roll extra dice for things like glyphs or heigth, too bad. But what if you roll too many?

Just curious. It has happened lately and we have made some reroll and some just take out the extras.

-TMM

To be the man, you have to beat the man!
Old May 29th, 2007, 03:15 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
IMOO, you have to reroll. Because who decides which dice to take out? If it's the roller, "Oops, sorry, just let me take out these non-skulls..." If it's the opponent, "Hey, those skulls don't count!"

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 29th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What if you roll too many attack dice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMainMan
What is the etiquette if you roll too many attack dice?

Do you get to pull some back out of what was rolled or do you re roll?

I notice in the first edition rules it says if you forgot to roll extra dice for things like glyphs or heigth, too bad. But what if you roll too many?

Just curious. It has happened lately and we have made some reroll and some just take out the extras.

-TMM
The rule at my house is; if you roll too many dice against me, I get to punch you in the face.*

You can do whatever you want though, I would just reroll.

*I mostly play Heroscape with my girlfriend, so that rule doesn't get enforced too often.**

**Disclaimer: I don't actually punch my girlfriend in the face.
Old May 29th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Master Custom Creator

PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby!
The way we play IF you roll too many of any die you subtract that from your total.
EXAMPLE I have a defense of 3 but roll 4 dice and get 2 Shields, I minus 1 shield leaving 1 shield. BUT If I have a Defense of 3 and only roll 2 then "YOU SNOOZE, YOU LOOSE".
Old May 29th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Although a punch in the face would work, rerolling the attack with the correct number of dice should be okay too.

Newb.
Old May 29th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Twenty Questioner

TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker
I hope I don't roll to many against Nether at Gen Con.

Old May 29th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMainMan
I hope I don't roll to many against Nether at Gen Con.
I'm not playing in any of the events, but if we happen to be playing in an after hours game (like say at the the Heroscapers party) or a side game, you best double and triple check the number of dice you get to roll before you drop them in the tower.
Old May 29th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Twenty Questioner

Hell, I may roll too few on purpose just so I don't commit that sin.

Old May 29th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I'm gonna drop extra just to see if he notices.... :P

Newb.
Old May 29th, 2007, 03:47 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoMan
The way we play IF you roll too many of any die you subtract that from your total.
This is how we play. If you roll 2 skulls off 4 dice but should have only rolled 3, you only get 1 skull total. It stops people from pushing the reroll system or arguing the results too much. Seems like the tough, but fair system to me.
Old May 29th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Nether, if we play at night and I'm half in the bag, I'm dropping every die I own plus a few I borrow from a neighbor.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old May 29th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
Nether, if we play at night and I'm half in the bag, I'm dropping every die I own plus a few I borrow from a neighbor.
In your case, I wouldn't do anything because I am respectful person and don't think its nice to beat up the elderly.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's