Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old June 10th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Xn's Supers - 6/4 Sauron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
Good work on Sauron. I like his powers but the total order marker removal is very devastating. I think something closer to 200 would be appropriate.
Thanks for the comments guys. As far as cost vs. power on Hypnosis, personally, I feel that any power that is properly countered by gameplay (ie spreading out your OMs in this case) can allow you to price the unit slightly lower. Hopefully one my roommate gets back in town we can try him out to get a better feel for the propper costing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Dragonix View Post
A few style critiques: Since Sauron's wings are fully part of his anatomy and he will fall from the sky if they get hit, plus them being fleshy and not so bulletproof, shouldn't they be targetable?
I used kyrie wings as the precedence for this. His wings make him into a gigantic target (the mini it'self is really wide and tall) when he's actually has a very slight frame.

Quote:
Do you need to say revealed and unrevealed order markers in Energy Drain? Can't you just say Order Markers and leave it at that?
I probably can, but because most powers use unrevealed order markers I thought it would be better to specifically call out the difference.

Quote:
Finally, does your opponent never reveal Order Markers removed from Hypnosis, or do they only not get revealed while being removed during Hypnosis's effect?
Good point. I might need to clarify that they are not revealed when they're removed.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old June 10th, 2011, 07:03 PM

Lord Dragonix knows what's in an order marker Lord Dragonix knows what's in an order marker

Not to harp on this point, but the dragons' and dragonlings' wings are all targetable and I think that Sauron is more anatomically like a dragon than a kyrie. Think of it this way, if you made a pterodactyl custom, would you make its wings untargetable?

I completely agree with your point on Hypnosis. If there is an obvious counter to a special power which is not dependent solely on specific drafts, then it shouldn't overly affect a character's point value.
Old June 10th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Not to harp on this point, but the dragons' and dragonlings' wings are all targetable and I think that Sauron is more anatomically like a dragon than a kyrie. Think of it this way, if you made a pterodactyl custom, would you make its wings untargetable?
I can see where you're coming from there, but the figure is three hexes wide. And while that makes sense for a target zone when he's flying, the rest of the time it doesn't (his wings would be furled).

I did also make that decision based on the figure more than the comic (the miniature has separate wings and arms, unlike the comics.) I'll think about it, but I don't like how big that makes his target zone . . . .

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

Last edited by Xn F M; June 10th, 2011 at 10:49 PM. Reason: I do appreciate the input, even if I don't' fully agree.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations