Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old April 7th, 2020, 12:48 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

1. There are different rules for the different glyphs. "Unique +1" affects all the uniques in your army. Healing, on the other hand, just affects the hero on the glyph.

2. Yes.

3. Aim at a specific figure. The best advice in these questions is often to do what the card says. Remember, when there's something that looks not quite realistic, that it's a game & not a simulation.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 7th, 2020, 09:24 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaue Lilie View Post
I do have got 3 Questions:
1st. Do normal Glyphs affect all of my troops or just the hero/squad on it?

2nd. Can I use 'Berserker Charge' of the Tarn Vikings repeatedly in the same turn for as long I roll high enough or just once per turn?

3rd. With Attacks like Deathwalker 9000's explosion special attack, do I have to aim at a specific figure or can I aim between two, onto a vacant space, to hit them both with the splash damage?

Thank you all in advance
Hey, welcome to Heroscapers! Hope you enjoy your stay, it’s a pretty cool community here. Onto your questions:

1st - I think most power glyphs (the red ones) affect your whole army as long as you have it under your control (keep in mind that your figures still have to individually meet requirements for things such as the range +4 glyph, or the Unique attck +1 glyph, etc.) As far as I remember, the ones that don’t/won’t affect your whole army are the single use ones - Healer, Summoning, Negation - they go away after one use. Pit trap is one that is not a single time use, but it only affects the figure on that glyph.

2nd - You can keep rolling berserker charge repeatedly until it fails. This can lead to Tarn Vikings moving 16+ spaces in one turn, although that is rarely going to actually happen in a game.

3rd - Deathwalker’s card specifically says to “choose a figure to attack”, so you must choose a figure as the initial target, and not an empty hex.
Old April 7th, 2020, 10:52 AM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post

(keep in mind that your figures still have to individually meet requirements for things such as the range +4 glyph, or the Unique attck +1 glyph, etc.)

I remember when my friends an I first started to play, we didn't fully understand the rules. One of the things we played incorrectly was allowing range 1 figures to become range 5 with the range +4 glyph. The thought horrifies me now, but we must've had fun playing cuz I'm still here.

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old April 7th, 2020, 11:14 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
Quote:

(keep in mind that your figures still have to individually meet requirements for things such as the range +4 glyph, or the Unique attck +1 glyph, etc.)

I remember when my friends an I first started to play, we didn't fully understand the rules. One of the things we played incorrectly was allowing range 1 figures to become range 5 with the range +4 glyph. The thought horrifies me now, but we must've had fun playing cuz I'm still here.
We did very similar awful things. As I recall, Mimring's diagonal fireline shot down 2 lines of hexes, instead of just 1, among other things. Also, one of us - and I'm not going to name names - would sometimes cry when his dragon got killed.

= =
Old April 7th, 2020, 11:43 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:

Lol we did the same thing in my early days of scape. One guy had a few squads of knights and Sir Dupuis, and he found the range +4 glyph. Suddenly, Sir Dupuis was bathing in knights while felling Utgar’s forces from across the map, it was basically roid rage MBS.
Old April 7th, 2020, 11:49 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Did the same thing with Mimring for a long time.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 7th, 2020, 11:52 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Remember in the First Edition that Mimring's power was called Doom Line? I always thought that worked better when you start the line on Mimring's back space. I'd always have this mental image of a Doom Line that was just a massive deadly fart.
Old April 7th, 2020, 12:40 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

12 range, 5 attack fireline, anyone?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old April 7th, 2020, 03:30 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I remember my first game: I thought glyphs only gave their bonus to the unit standing on the glyph, and I thought you could only move 1 squad figure at a time.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old April 7th, 2020, 09:04 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Quote:

We did very similar awful things. As I recall, Mimring's diagonal fireline shot down 2 lines of hexes, instead of just 1, among other things. Also, one of us - and I'm not going to name names - would sometimes cry when his dragon got killed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Did the same thing with Mimring for a long time.
You both just made me feel so much better about myself. I think I'd been playing for like a year or so before I figured that out. Mimring was in like every game because of it!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old April 7th, 2020, 09:10 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Right? He was my favorite and I was always eager to get a bunch of figures lined up in the double line!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 7th, 2020, 09:40 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

There was a confusing diagram in the first edition rulebook. That's why this particular mistake was so common.

There was something else we did when we started that was similar, but I can't quite remember what it was. Might be in my Battle Reports thread somewhere. Ah, well. You get old, you forget things. Right, @Bats ?

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's