Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Closed Thread

Old September 22nd, 2012, 02:57 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: Lord of the Rings 'Scape Project; PM me if interested

Guys, I know Helm's Deep can be done, I'm just worried about doing it with a reasonable amount of sets. But that's been done with what peteparkerh designed a while back.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 03:00 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Anyway, So far our general feel seems to be that we can handle all of Tolkien's works, but we ought to start with LotR and The Hobbit. That sound good to everyone?
Sounds good to me. One question though: How much are we going to be drawing from the movies? I've only read the books.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 03:01 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Guys, I know Helm's Deep can be done, I'm just worried about doing it with a reasonable amount of sets. But that's been done with what peteparkerh designed a while back.
Mine involves X5 RotV, X2 forest set, and X3 castle. So, mine wouldn't work to well.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 03:04 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
Quote:
Mine involves X5 RotV, X2 forest set, and X3 castle. So, mine wouldn't work to well.
The other option is doing the map in sections, and having 2-3 scenarios per major battle.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 03:11 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I did as well, except mine was a failed attempt for the most part. 2 FotA are needed to make it functional imo.

Doing it in sections is a good idea; it would help balance the areas too.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 04:32 PM

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
Quote:
Anyway, So far our general feel seems to be that we can handle all of Tolkien's works, but we ought to start with LotR and The Hobbit. That sound good to everyone?
Sounds good to me. One question though: How much are we going to be drawing from the movies? I've only read the books.
From the plans I'm drawing up, we look first to the books, and if something is too vague or not included that we'd like to use, we turn to the movies (which I would suggest you watch, if only for the sheer epic visuals and music, to say nothing of the superb acting.

That aside, I think we ought to wait until we have some figures and sets all figured out before we start worrying in-depth on battlefields, campaigns, and such.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 04:43 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Are we waiting until the movie comes out before we start doing the Hobbit?
Old September 22nd, 2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
Are we waiting until the movie comes out before we start doing the Hobbit?
It would certainly give us a better idea as to the fighting abilities of the thirteen dwarves...
Old September 22nd, 2012, 05:16 PM
Not a n00b

Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker

I'm interested in helping out with this project
Old September 23rd, 2012, 03:02 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I don't think there's anything wrong with people working on some scenarios. Breaking areas like Helm's Deep and the Mines of Moria into multiple parts is an excellent idea.

But I agree our focus should be on designs. SoA, what other administrative housework do we need to do before we start a new thread and start designing?
Old September 23rd, 2012, 03:41 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sounds like consensus that anything Arda is fair game, and starting with the LotR "biggies" makes sense. Yay!

Kaemon Awa 123--no worries if you haven't seen the movies. Yeah, some things changed (Frodo sending Sam away being the most irksome) but overall they did an awesome job and the care and detail with which they made the movies was incredible. (As an example, some of the armor is inscribed in the correct script on the *inside,* where the camera could never see it, just because it was described that way in some Tolkien note somewhere.) When it come to the movies, Frodo is still Frodo and Gandalf is still Gandalf. When developing these cards, I think they should be done in a way to not be incompatible with either the books or (Peter Jackson) movies, but really, I doubt if you propose a card that it will have incompatibilities because the movie-makers clearly respect the source material. The biggest source of incompatibilities may be that the movies can't include everything.

Perhaps the movies could tie in by having the cards have a "mini" side and a "movie still" side, along the lines of the C3G mini/comic versions? It would be good marketing for us since these days when people think of Frodo, a lot of them are going to picture Elijah Wood (myself included). This would be problematic for characters that didn't appear in the movies (e.g., Tom Bombadil).

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old September 23rd, 2012, 08:21 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
Sounds like consensus that anything Arda is fair game, and starting with the LotR "biggies" makes sense. Yay!

Kaemon Awa 123--no worries if you haven't seen the movies. Yeah, some things changed (Frodo sending Sam away being the most irksome) but overall they did an awesome job and the care and detail with which they made the movies was incredible. (As an example, some of the armor is inscribed in the correct script on the *inside,* where the camera could never see it, just because it was described that way in some Tolkien note somewhere.) When it come to the movies, Frodo is still Frodo and Gandalf is still Gandalf. When developing these cards, I think they should be done in a way to not be incompatible with either the books or (Peter Jackson) movies, but really, I doubt if you propose a card that it will have incompatibilities because the movie-makers clearly respect the source material. The biggest source of incompatibilities may be that the movies can't include everything.

Perhaps the movies could tie in by having the cards have a "mini" side and a "movie still" side, along the lines of the C3G mini/comic versions? It would be good marketing for us since these days when people think of Frodo, a lot of them are going to picture Elijah Wood (myself included). This would be problematic for characters that didn't appear in the movies (e.g., Tom Bombadil).
Well this is the "official" Tom Bombadil Trading card, we could use this pic for the movie side,

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum