Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 7th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!
Beantown Beatdown 5 - May 16

Scapers around New England suddenly stop to listen. Yes, they hear it. The distant thunder of drums. War drums in the deep. Eyes widen. Pulses quicken. Each warrior unconsciously fingers his dice. The time is drawning near for the . . .

Beantown Beatdown V

Yes friends, the BB5 is coming soon. Right now there's not a lot of details, but I wanted to get this post up so you could save the date. I'm working with nyys to think through the shape of this year's Beatdown. I'd kind of like to do something different than the standard 500 point tourney, so pm me or nyys if you have any ideas. We may still do the traditional tourney, but just thought it could be time for a little change.

Here's what we have so far.

Registered Adults (Age 13+) to date:

1. Pilgrim
2. The Exegete
3. Benji
4. nyys
5. loborocket
6. Anthony
7. RobertDD
8. Tiak
9. Son of Tiak
10. curseyoukhan
11. Dragonmaster
12. theGuru
13. tehfattestninja
14. Tiffany
15. Monkeyclops
16. Cleon
17. Cleon's Dad
18. Kildawabit
19. Knight of Einar
20. Shadesfan
21. Onacara
22. tomcollins2000
23. ollie
24. Darkmage7a
25. Chaddy
26. kelly
27. New Chris
28. Dave
29. Tablewalker
30. Kathy
31. ghost hunter in maine
32. fil
33. Ed, fil's Scape Master
34. friend of son of curseyoukhan
35. Jim
36. Mrs. Jim, acting and looking strangely like Jake
37. arp12
38. sniper viper

Registered Younglings (Age 12 and Under) to date:

1. Son of Pilgrim
2. Son of loborocket
3. Dylan
4. bro of dragonmaster
5. friend of bro of dragonmaster
6. Son of Oak
7. Ash
8. friend #2 of son of curseyoukhan
9. son of curseyoukhan

Maybe coming:

1. B:T:L Matt
2. AoD Abyss1140 (friend of Knight of Einar)
3. Onacara jr.
4. rec_thug
5. Slaader
6. OPrime
7. Habeo_Bukkit

To register, pm Pilgrim and I will add you to the list. And be sure to mention if you have others coming with you who will be playing.

Date: Saturday, May 16th, 2009

Time: Board Setup - 9am, Tourny Start - 11am.

Please indicate if you can come early to help setup boards, or if you want to help out in some other way!

Tournament Style: The Always-Popular, Can't-go-wrong "Classic Vanilla" . . .

- 5 Rounds, lasting 50 minutes each
- Swiss Style, based on W/L (using the tourney director software from BatB2).
- Fractional scoring method. A complete victory scores 516 points.

Maps: TBA

Nyys is our offial map warden. Pm him with any suggestions.

Age Limit: None! We hope to have a separate 12 and under tourney. If there aren't enough 12 and under players for a separate tourney, they will play with adults in the main tourney. However, we will rank the kids against one another for trophy/prize distribution. So if a 10-year old comes in 15th in tournament, but he's the highest ranked in 12 and under, then that kid is ranked 1st among his peers, gets a trophy and a first prize pick along with the top adult winner.

Entry Fee: FREE

Prizes: We will rely on the donation of prizes so pm Pilgrim if you want to donate something (HS products, dice towers, other games, custom minis, or whatever you think your average Scaper would appreciate!)

Prize Donors:

1. Knight of Einar - TBA
2. Pilgrim - Adult trophy and another prize
3. curseyoukhan - Kids' trophy & castle expansion
4. Ollie - one-year membership to this web site
5. Cleon - booster
6. Cleon's old man - booster
7. Shades Fan - TBA
8. RobertDD - TBA
9. Tablewalker and Kathy - Grok booster and wave 2 heroes.
10. Darkmage7a -booster
11. Onacara and sons - TBA
12. Jim - EOV Master Set
13. fil - TBA
14. Ed - TBA
15. Monkeyclops - TBA
16. Benji - TBA
17. ghost hunter in Maine - TBA

Food and Drinks: Bring your own and some to share if want. You can also order pizza delivered from a local Papa Ginos, but the closest fast food is 10 minutes+ away, so plan accordingly.

Location: South Shore Baptist Church, 578 Main Street in Hingham, MA. Or visit the church's website: www.southshorebaptist.com

Beantown Beatdown Hall of Champions

BB1 - Curseyoukhan
BB2 - Asmiles
BB3 - Bobbo
BB4 - Pilgrim
BB5 - Cleon

Good trades: Hogg, Grimfang, Onacara, Sleightofhand, 'Scaper94, orec, Snappleman, R˙chean, lefton4ya, odbo255

Last edited by Pilgrim; May 18th, 2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old March 7th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: Beantown Beatdown 5 - May 16

Can you sign me up as a maybe? It's graduation weekend at my college, but I think the actual ceremony is on the Sunday, so it might be possible to make this. I hope so!

When BBV swings round, the two most recent events will both have had a sidebar allowance and one will have allowed Marvel. Before that was TempleCon which had General Wars, Dragon Wars, Heat of Battle and Above Cursed Lands as well as the regular Championship. A straightforward bring-an-army-and-fight-to-the-death might be just what we want: I think that more tournaments than not should fit that model. Maybe vary the point total slightly: 480pts perhaps? That said, I'd be in favour of allowing Marvel. I'd like to see more (though still a minority) of events where they are permitted.

Just my 2 cents; I'll be very happy with whatever format you decide (unless you have a really great idea and it turns out that I can't make it ).
Old March 7th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!

Hope you can come! As of now you're in the maybe column. Great feedback on the format. Maybe the straight up bring an X-point army and fight it out is still the way to go!

I'd be curious: of the various variants people have played (like side-bar, Dragon Wars, General Wars, Marvel-allowed, etc) which have you found most enjoyable and why? Any that you would definitely avoid?

Good trades: Hogg, Grimfang, Onacara, Sleightofhand, 'Scaper94, orec, Snappleman, R˙chean, lefton4ya, odbo255
Old March 7th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I may have to call in some babysitting favors for this one as my wife is away that weekend. Put me down as in.

As for the format:
I suggest that each player bring 5 different armies with no units repeated between armies. You can have each person decide on the order that they will play the armies before, or you can have them choose after seeing the map/opponent, whatever you think is easier.

Or,
I still have yet to play heat of battle and I think it would make for a fun day.
Old March 7th, 2009, 12:03 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Date has been added to 'the board' which is hallowed ground in my house.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old March 7th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I had a blast at the last one and it was great to be a part of it. Put me down as a maybe for now. It really is a long drive for me, and I'd have to put in for at least a half day of work on friday. I'll let you know in the coming weeks.

72 tournaments. 173 - 142 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

My goal, play every official 'scape unit in a tournament at least once. 149 down, 55 to go!
Old March 7th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Put me down as a maybe, because I have no idea what else might be going on then (yet).

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old March 7th, 2009, 03:40 PM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!

Mark my son and I in on this one. We missed the last one because of vacation but this one is earlier and will not interfere. Already been put down in the wife "book" so there is no issue.

Jeff H - Manchester NH

No plan survives contact with the enemy. - Field Marshal Helmuth von Moltke

Good traders: M.K. Sentinal, C.L., and CheddarLimbo
Old March 7th, 2009, 05:11 PM

nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby!

Definitely want to be there. It was a whole lot of fun last year and everyone was really friendly. I'm still trying to figure out how many people I can bring with me. I'll send you a PM when I know for sure!

I need you to be awesome. Can you be awesome?

Thanks to AmishBurrito for a promo code and Gulp for sending wound markers!
Old March 7th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Baron of Beantown IV

We're off to a good start!

Benji - I like the idea of 5 different armies, and had contemplated that before. Any thoughts on how to make that equitable for someone who doesn't have tons-o-units?

Has anyone played a all-units-from-same-general tourney? How did that work?

Old March 7th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd like this to be as normal as possible, because like ollie said, two preceding touirnaments have variations. I actually think normal 500 point armies would be the way to go. It's just simplest.
Old March 7th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Baron of Beantown IV

Maybe I'll make this a poll just to get people's feelings on it. That's always fun, and that way I won't be tempted to put up another poll about what tehfattestninja should wear!

I just recently finished therapy as a result of these images . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuequWB6Bs0

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events