Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 19th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Beantown Beatdown V - POST TOURNEY

Battle Report
My army: Wu-Sa-Ga, 2x Marraden Nagrubs, 5x Marro Stingers, Marcu

Round 1
Player: Chad
Map: Marro Meltdown
Army: Q9, Drake v2, Raelin v1, 4th Mass line

In the first few rounds Q9 made a run for height while WSG began to advance and grubs made a run for glyphs all over the map. WSG was the first thing to drop, poor creature never even made a single attack. The stingers made a stand of attrition against Q9 and locked him up, eventually bringing down the big bot at the cost of about 6-8 marro brothers. Drake apparently became enraged and dropped about 6 skulls on one stinger, to this day now one has found the body. Eventually Drake was simply outnumbered and a grub on the wound glyph cast a very detrimental curse on Raelin and the Mass 4th, who died valiantly.

Round 2
Player: Bob
Map: Secret Passage
Army: 3x Rats, Krav, Kamen Awa, Izumi Samuri, Eldgrim, Raelin v1

Rats swarmed through the swamp and held a good line giving Bob board control for about ĺ of the map. While the stingers slowly chipped at the line they advanced very slowly in the mire. Krav moved up and did what they do best. Eventually two of the agents got picked of by lucky shots. When the rats finally numbered less than 2 squads WSG moved in on the last one taking some risky disengagements in the process. Thatís when Thorgrim ran up on height to swing on the snake and instead became a delightful meal. Kamen Awa joined in and severed the head of the great beast. Just about then is when we went to time and Bob was gracious enough to let me walk away.

Round 3
Player: N/A; AKA - Joe
Map: Passes
Army: Taelord, Minions, 2x Omicron Snipers, Isamu

Snipers took to the nearest hill and taelord came in to bolster the aggression. The first couple sets of stingers did not prove themselves immune to laser blast and high tech targeting robotics. So the squads changed tactics and began walking into the nest one at time picking off snipers on a one for one basis. Eventually the losses showed merit and there were no snipers left to be had. I wasnít long before remaining melee force of minions gave way to the seemingly endless line of stingers.

Round 4
Player: New Chris
Map: Overlord
Army: 3x Heavy gruts, Grimnak, Ornak, Marcu, Isamu, Marro Warriors

This game was awesome. Immediately Marcu and Isamu ran out ahead and ripped mayhem costing me time tactical movement and precious attacks. My best tactic was a lone stinger who ran so far behind enemy lines that Chris constantly thought he was one of his own Marro warriors. That being said, the marro warriors wouldnít put up with it for long. Two warriors were killed only to be cloned a short time later. The real clash was between WSG and Grimnack on height. There was even a moment where Grimnack would have been coil crushed if he had been a lesser reptile. One hill to the side, stingers on height were exchanging fire with Marro warriors who discovered a glyph of unique attack +1. Oddly enough despite the 14 attacks made all figures on both sides refused to die. Just before going to time Grimack became snakefood and one lone heavy grut inflicted tie-breaking wounds on an overstuffed snake.

Round 5
Player: Fil
Map: Stechavan Outskirts
Army: Q10, Warden 816, 2x Blasts, 1x Gladiatrons, Zetian Guards

This was classic battle between robotic efficiency and genetically spliced bio-engineering. I got lucky on this map in two ways first whatever volunteer built this map (it wasnít me) probably hadnít built it before because this map is designed to have to roads coming down each side connecting the starting zones. During the tourney the there was no road used at all. Something Iím sure the Blastotrons with the guard leadership buff would have put to good use. The second way I got lucky, Fil was handed a pittrap glyph while I had to make due with a +2 movement bonus. So to reiterate, there was no road, and I had a movement bonus for most of the game.

Fil made excellent use of the zettian guards early game until one of them failed to the deathwalker curse. It seems Stingers dropped 1 or 2 pieces consistanly while the gaurds did the same. There was definitely one round when I moved figures into positions and fired out of order but Fil was and awesome sport and let me have it anyway. I think itís the high percentage of pancakes in his diet that makes him such a goof person despite running on coal. The middle of the game I found myself loosing ground and using nagrubs as speed bumps. After an unexpected round of successful stinger attacks I secured the movement bonus again. The loyal WSG had been winding aroung the hills on the far edges of the map and now she was ready rush in and begin work by engaging both Major Q10 and the Warden. A few blows later and the warden was the only one left standing on that half of the board. As stingers ran toward him he put up a few good rounds before finally collapsing surrounded by stingers occupying all available height.

Final outcomes; WLWLW in that order.
It was a long day for stingers but it would have been longer without pizza. Thanks for the awesome tournament everybody and congrats to Cleon!
Old May 19th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
Thanks for the awesome tournament everybody and congrats to Cleon!
Thank you, my dad had a fun time too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
You bet ya I like your prize, thanks again Jim!
I finally got to posting the results, the last thing on my list:

I played: (515pt.)

Sir Gilbert 105pt.
Zetacron 60pt.
Knights Of Weston x5 350pt.

Round 1 - Jim; Map E - Cold Conflict; Win; Destroyed 497.5pt.
Round 2 - RobertDD; Map L - Molten Stronghold; Win; Destroyed 470pt.
Round 3 - Onacara; Map I - Striking Distance; Win; Destroyed 436pt.
Round 4 - Tiffany; Map J - Turnpikes And Burnpikes; Win; Destroyed 471.5pt.
Round 5 (Final) - Kildawabit; Map H - No Man's Land; Win; Destroyed 515pt.

Results: 5-0.
Wins: Jim, RobertDD, Onacara, Tiffany (tehfattestninja's girlfriend), Kildawabit.
Losses: None.
Place: 1st.
Prizes: Trophy, EOV RotV Master Set

My Dad played: (510pt.)

Kaemon Awa 120pt.
Raelin The Kyrie Warrior RotV 80pt.
Eldgrim The Viking Champion 30pt.
Krav Maga Agents 100pt.
Izumi Samurai 60pt.
Deathreavers x3 120pt.

Round 1 - Kathy; Map O - ?; Win; Destroyed 515pt.
Round 2 - Darkmage; Map G - ?; Win; Destroyed 295pt.
Round 3 - Drake; Map P - ?; Loss; Destroyed 245pt.
Round 4 - curseyoukahn; Map E - Cold Conflict; Loss; Destroyed 435pt.
Round 5 - RobertDD; Map J - Turnpikes And Burnpikes; Loss; Destroyed ?

Results: 2-3
Wins: Kathy (Taeblewalker's wife), Darkmage7a.
Losses: Drake, curseyoukahn, RobertDD.
Place: 19th.
Prizes: Wave 5 Small Expansion Pack: Gladiators And Agents

I went off of the scoring sheet of my Dad's, and I knew he got 19th. I may or may not update with maps + his destroy points of Robert's army, I'll try to get the maps when I talk to him if he rememebers.
Game against Clean's dad: I don't remember exactly how much life Cyprien had left, but he was the last figure on the board, and it wasn't much (I think he had two life left, but I am unsure).
Yeah I think it was two too (so four wounds). 1/3 of 150 left is 50, so you had 50pt. left. Braxas + Cyprien + Sonya + AE = 515pt. 515pt. - 50pt. = 465pt. So my dad destroyed 465pt.

I'm going to put my three report posts in one to make it easier by just having one location, which will be done whenever I have time during tomorrow.
Old May 20th, 2009, 12:30 AM

The Exegete has disabled reputation

The charge of Monkeyclop's Tagawa was legendary! I found myself both rooting for them and wanting to kill them. In general, I was pleased with my result of 3 and 2 - especially since I lost my first two games. I flew in from Illinois to hang out with Pilgrim, and ended up having a great time. Is it wrong that I want my wife to dress up like a Nakita agent for Halloween?

It's not that I'm lazy; it's that I just don't care.
Old May 20th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Exegete View Post
The charge of Monkeyclop's Tagawa was legendary! I found myself both rooting for them and wanting to kill them. In general, I was pleased with my result of 3 and 2 - especially since I lost my first two games. I flew in from Illinois to hang out with Pilgrim, and ended up having a great time. Is it wrong that I want my wife to dress up like a Nakita agent for Halloween?
I would go for evil Raelin, myself.

Old May 20th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
I don't think I want to see you dressed up as evil Raelin...

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old May 20th, 2009, 09:05 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Ah, the NERV spreads further, I like it. Exegete, you need to go play in a couple of the Chicago area tourneys now, this will spread the NERV into a highly concentraded Scape area.

Ollie, I'll have the data to you soon, been bogged down with other projects.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old May 20th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Ah, the NERV spreads further, I like it. Exegete, you need to go play in a couple of the Chicago area tourneys now, this will spread the NERV into a highly concentraded Scape area.

Ollie, I'll have the data to you soon, been bogged down with other projects.
Thanks for doing it Nyys; there's no rush. I believe the Exegete is already in the system from a previous beatdown. But yes, spreading teh NERV into Chicago would be sweet.
Old May 20th, 2009, 01:27 PM

tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker

Great tournament everyone. Congrats to Cleon! I had a fun day despite the plague of wifing I suffered after my game with ninja (I blame the cat!!).

Knowledge is Power.
Power Corrupts.
Study Hard.
Be Evil.
Old May 20th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcollins2000 View Post
Congrats to Cleon!
Thanks!
Old May 20th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
I don't think I want to see you dressed up as evil Raelin...

Jim
Oh, well. Back to the drawing board for this year's Halloween.

Old May 22nd, 2009, 01:05 AM

ghost_hunter_in_maine is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Congrats Cleon!
I have to say I've never met a bunch of people with as much sportsmanship and professionalism as I met on 5-16. Thanks for making my first tournamnet certainly a memorable one. I know I lost every game, badly...But I learned alot and had a great time playing. It was a pleasure meeting you all. I look forward to more events in the future. Thank you Pilgrim for the warm welcome. It made the day go by easier and meeting people better. For those who I didn't get to meet, I hope to in the future. And hopefully I've learned a little bit on how to make a better army. Y'all take care, and hope to keep in touch.

-Geoff
Old May 22nd, 2009, 08:22 AM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_hunter_in_maine View Post
Congrats Cleon!
I have to say I've never met a bunch of people with as much sportsmanship and professionalism as I met on 5-16. Thanks for making my first tournamnet certainly a memorable one. I know I lost every game, badly...But I learned alot and had a great time playing. It was a pleasure meeting you all. I look forward to more events in the future. Thank you Pilgrim for the warm welcome. It made the day go by easier and meeting people better. For those who I didn't get to meet, I hope to in the future. And hopefully I've learned a little bit on how to make a better army. Y'all take care, and hope to keep in touch.

-Geoff
Glad you could come down and join the madness. Thanks for coming so early to help crank out the maps. Now that I know you're a chef, I'll put you in charge of refreshments next tourney!

Good trades: Hogg, Grimfang, Onacara, Sleightofhand, 'Scaper94, orec, Snappleman, Rˇchean, lefton4ya, odbo255

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events