Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old December 8th, 2012, 07:38 AM

samthegoat knows what's in an order marker samthegoat knows what's in an order marker
Question Which mini-faction would you have liked to seen continued?

Hi there!
The title pretty much says it all really. By mini-faction I mean like a group of similar units within a faction, for example, the Marro or the Elves.

I would liked to have seen a few more units in kin with the Mohican River Tribe and Brave Arrow, as I find them really interesting to play with and I love their fairly high-risk-high-reward powers, I mean, if you don't get lucky with the D20, you're in trouble, but if the dice is on your side, they can all be pretty unstoppable!

So please, tell me what you think!
Thanks in advance,
Samthegoat
Old December 8th, 2012, 08:47 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Which mini-faction would you have liked to seen continue

Monks, hands down. Hopefully C3V will make these guys more competitive someday.
Old December 8th, 2012, 08:49 AM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

I always wanted to see archers/crossbowmen for the knights, but otherwise they were a very well developed faction.

I like the warforged, I guess I would have liked to see them get a ranged squad. There's none off the top of my head that particularly shouted out to me, but those are 2 things.

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old December 8th, 2012, 09:06 AM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I feel like the Vipers always got shortchanged. The Venoc Warlord and Vipers are really fun and thematic, and the Elites are alright. I can live with the Armocs, even if they fell a bit halfhearted, but surely there could have been a figure that was a believable anti-Marro unit? Something with Mind Control Resistance, or some twist on Frenzy.

Last edited by Shedim Kabal; December 8th, 2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old December 8th, 2012, 09:14 AM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai Menu!

The Dwarves. Whether it's Narnia, Lord of the Rings, Heroscape, or any other fantasy series the dwarves are the most fascinating and exciting for me.

We made some dwarf customs including, Gunners, Mortars, and Berserkers (a unique squad that each figure remaining got better as they died off) and a Dwarf General (essentially like Kato) and had a fun with them but never used them very often.

In the end, I would have loved to have seen more official Dwarf units, including some kind of ranged squad and a berserker like hero unit

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!
Old December 8th, 2012, 10:36 AM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well the elves always were intended to have more units. I love the Vipers to death but a cheaper hero (maybe common) and another squad would've been nice. Anubian WOlves could use something other than Khosumet, and the cowboys could've used a squad. In general, it would be awesome if there was a competitive army for every "mini-faction"
Old December 8th, 2012, 10:41 AM

samthegoat knows what's in an order marker samthegoat knows what's in an order marker

I definitely agree with you, Garenex, Dwarves could have gone to some exiting places! I think 1 squad and 3 heroes (?) for one of the staple races in fantasy is just weak tea! I would have loved for Aquilla and her Dwarvish followers to have evolved into something like Utgar and the Marro, like an army within an army. I like the idea of ranged Dwarves, but can't think how that would work, as most of their powers are based around their natural stockiness and toughness, which I struggle to imagine an archer being able to embody very well. Could you also post a link to you custom thread? I'd like to see how these beserkers work!
Thanks,
samthegoat
Old December 8th, 2012, 10:55 AM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by samthegoat View Post
I like the idea of ranged Dwarves, but can't think how that would work, as most of their powers are based around their natural stockiness and toughness, which I struggle to imagine an archer being able to embody very well.
Portable catapult.

Maybe more mechanical, steampunk-esque style for the dwarves, but you get the idea (assuming the picture linked).
Old December 8th, 2012, 11:11 AM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Dwarves in Warhammer use catapults and cannons as well as huge guns that could be compared to handcannons.
Old December 8th, 2012, 11:17 AM

I'm not too sure about the catapult, I'm a LotR-Dwarf guy through and through, for me Dwarves are tough, melee warriors that can't stay back and shoot, they get in and get their axe embedded in their nervous systems!
Old December 8th, 2012, 11:20 AM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker

As far as ranged dwarves go, I think crossbowmen could have embodied the "stockiness and toughness" you're talking about. Shorter range, but maybe a little more power or defense.

But as far as a mini-faction, I would have liked to see more of the historical factions expanded, mainly the Samurai and Ninjas, the Knights, and the Romans.

Samurai could have been given Horsemen as well as another combat-based hero, one that's maybe a little more melee
focused. I can easily see a Samurai hero with some sort of double/multiple attack ability, focusing exclusively on melee combat, versus Kaemon's combination of ranged and melee. A horsemen hero also could've been easily done. And face it, the best ninja hero they released was a 10 point filler.

Knights had a lot of room to expand. Longbowmen, crossbowmen, halberdiers, the list of weapons they could have used for the knights is endless. Plenty of room for more heroes too.

And then the Romans. Solid army base already, but you could've added horsemen/chariots, a combat specialized hero, (Marcus is really just a commander) some common heroes... (a Centurion)

And kyrie. Would've loved to see Aquilla and Vydar get their kyrie. Especially Vydar. I can only imagine that Sci-Fi kyrie would have been awesome.
Old December 8th, 2012, 11:31 AM

Whilst I would love to see Vydar's kyrie, I think Aquilla's would have been more exciting! I've always imagined Kyries as the equivalent to the Elves in LotR, sort of mystic all seeing ancient being which 'get news of the world as fast as the water flows, if not, faster'. So I think that Aquilla's wild and primitive theme could have offered a really interesting contrast to that, but thats just my thoughts!
Samthegoat

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units