Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old March 27th, 2008, 12:41 PM

#1MustangScaper has disabled reputation
Flying Into a Castle with Healthy Door.

Hi,

I have a question. I will pose it as a scenario.

1. Castle Door is Healthy & Closed.
2. Mimring & Taelord are opposing forces. Both are outside Castle.
3. Mimring & Taelord are adjacent to a castle wall.
4. Castle Wall is unprotected from the top of landing platform. Castle wall has more than 2 empty adjacent Spaces.

Question: Can Mimring or Taelord Fly Over the Wall and Land on Top and therefore inside the Castle?

All Answers will be greatly appreciated.

must make map bigger..need more army..need more virtualscape designs..must buy expansions...

Old March 27th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Flying Into a Castle with Healthy Door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1MustangScaper
Hi,

I have a question. I will pose it as a scenario.

1. Castle Door is Healthy & Closed.
2. Mimring & Taelord are opposing forces. Both are outside Castle.
3. Mimring & Taelord are adjacent to a castle wall.
4. Castle Wall is unprotected from the top of landing platform. Castle wall has more than 2 empty adjacent Spaces.

Question: Can Mimring or Taelord Fly Over the Wall and Land on Top and therefore inside the Castle?

All Answers will be greatly appreciated.
Yes (if I understand your question). Any flyer can fly over the walls or on to the walls if there is room for them and they have enough movement to reach where they intend to land. (Height does not affect Flying)
Old March 27th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
With Taelord, always "Yes." With Mimring, "Yes" if the two empty spaces are level.
Old March 27th, 2008, 12:57 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Yes, flyers can fly over walls.

As per the special ability:

"_____ may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins."
Old March 27th, 2008, 01:09 PM

#1MustangScaper has disabled reputation
Ok, I played wrong then. I didn't allow any flyers to fly into a castle. But I guess it makes sense to let them fly into a castle. Letting them fly into a castle will actually be MORE FUN for the game.

I read the rule about being able to fly over obstacles, but I was thinking that a castle was not an obstacle it was a structure. But nevermind that thinking. Now that I know the real rule, It makes me want to include castles in my maps even more!

must make map bigger..need more army..need more virtualscape designs..must buy expansions...

Old March 27th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Yeah, for that reason, I almost never destroy the door when attacking. It's much easier to fly Cyprien or Sgt. Drake or a Dragon over and wreak some havoc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old March 27th, 2008, 04:09 PM

pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
Yeah, for that reason, I almost never destroy the door when attacking. It's much easier to fly Cyprien or Sgt. Drake or a Dragon over and wreak some havoc.
You mean you have been ABLE to destroy the door?
Old March 27th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinche_guey
You mean you have been ABLE to destroy the door?
I did it with Krug once. I might also point out the door started out with half health I think, because it was on that Malodorr Swamp scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old March 27th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
In all our playing, we've seen the door (full health) destroyed only twice...once by Krug, once by Jotun.
Old March 27th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
In all our playing, we've seen the door (full health) destroyed only twice...once by Krug, once by Jotun.
I have seen it destroyed with Kaemon Awa along with some Deathstalkers.
The wolves surrounded Awa while he special attacked the door.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old March 27th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Forums Good I Has

J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
I have seen it destroyed with Kaemon Awa along with some Deathstalkers.
The wolves surrounded Awa while he special attacked the door.
Can Deathstalkers maul the door?

Old March 27th, 2008, 07:36 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
No. They can only Maul small or medium figures.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's