Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old June 7th, 2007, 05:46 PM

Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby! Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby! Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby! Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby!
Leifkickers Build and Battle Deck (Thanks Doc Savage)

This is a project i was working on awhile back.

The idea is all of these cards would be in one deck, each player would draw 7 cards our so, on there turn they could play as many cards as they like, and draw up to three more. Each card represents a tile or terrain object and would be placed on the playing field by the player playing the card. So if you had a 3 1 hex cards, you could play them and place 3 1 hex tiles on the battlefield how ever you like.

The idea was that you built the heroscape batttlefield as you played. Also note you would play on a number of 24 hex tiles so you knew where you could legaly place a tile...

I tested this out and it was a blast. Being able to strategicly place tiles anywhere on the map as you are marching your army over to the other guy makes for insane games. We would end up build walls and hill to force the other player to move how we wanted... Print em out and give it a try.

*printers wont print this page file because of copyright laws

Looking for the trees and glyph pages will post when i find.
Old June 7th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Way interesting and the cards are handsomely designed.

I love the visual of a ruin rising up right in front of a melee team about to be targeted by some heavy ranged units on the following turn. Instant protection!

Tis sweet!
Any issues with opponents trying to out-elevate each other's ranged units?
I'm also guessing a player cannot place molten lava under a figure?
Should Lava fields be placed only at certain times? For instance, the beginning of rounds and before order markers are placed?
Old June 7th, 2007, 06:21 PM

Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby! Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby! Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby! Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby!
Not really, we played it so that you cant place tiles underneath other figures, so you couldnt force a figure to eleveate 20 tiles or something crazy.

Correct, though placing a molten lava infront of an army made them have to move around. We also played that "flat" tiles couldnt be built upon. So ife a water, ice, lava tile was played then it was always a lava, ice, water.

Should Lava fields be placed only at certain times? For instance, the beginning of rounds and before order markers are placed?
When it is your turn, before you move you army you can play any number of cards, so if you had 5 lava tiles you could play them all if you wanted.
Old June 7th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif Kicker
Not really, we played it so that you cant place tiles underneath other figures, so you couldnt force a figure to eleveate 20 tiles or something crazy.

Correct, though placing a molten lava infront of an army made them have to move around. We also played that "flat" tiles couldnt be built upon. So ife a water, ice, lava tile was played then it was always a lava, ice, water.
Ah okay, got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif Kicker

When it is your turn, before you move you army you can play any number of cards, so if you had 5 lava tiles you could play them all if you wanted.
My last question went with the assumption that pieces could be placed under figures. It would really suck to set up order markers and then have an opponent put a lava field (if not molten lava) under my DW who had no markers on his card.

I'm very anxious to try this style of playing!
Do you have a name for this set? Valhalla Upheaval or something?
Again, it's very cool.
Well done!
Old June 7th, 2007, 06:43 PM

No, dont have a name, maybe if this goes overwell i can set up a naming contest or something... or anysuggestions...

we just played it
Old June 7th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Do you have to bank lava, ice and water? Or can you just slap it down wherever it fits?

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old June 7th, 2007, 07:31 PM

Bixby knows what's in an order marker Bixby knows what's in an order marker
Well done. This is quite clever and beautifully rendered!!!
Old June 7th, 2007, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
Do you have to bank lava, ice and water? Or can you just slap it down wherever it fits?

Tiles are placed where ever you want, that fits. IE you wouldnt be able to sit a 7 hex on top of a 1 hex. So it has to keep the map stable. Lava, water, Ice as mentioned above i played that they couldnt have anymore built on top. If you strategicly placed lava, ice, and water it made it very hard to place 7 hex and even 3 hex tiles. Makes for a chess like game i think..

For ease of play we would always sort out tiles and keep them set aside. For example if we had 10 7 hex cards in the deck we would stack 10 7 hex tiles aside makes the game go alot faster. If you just play with a master set the game goes really fast.
Old June 7th, 2007, 08:24 PM

Here is a quick set up to give you an idea of what a pre game board might look like.

Old June 7th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
This looks fun...

Build and Battle

You have invented the Build and Battle Deck.

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old June 7th, 2007, 09:59 PM

deadeyedan42 has disabled reputation
Better get a patent on it before Wiz kids does.

FINISH HIM!
Old June 7th, 2007, 10:54 PM

Wizkids, bah... They would steal it patent or not, thats what they do. Battleball anyone?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions