Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old February 3rd, 2014, 01:43 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Super Hero City

Very cool! If I were a wealthy man, I'd bribe you to make me one of those.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 3rd, 2014, 03:43 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
The figure cards look great! Did you make those? Are they shared? Link please
Thanks. Yes I did make them. I wanted them to look as much as possible like the official C3G cards. I have about 300 or so completed and 234 of them have been created at printerstudio.com nearly the same quality as artscow but with larger deck sizes available they come out a ton cheaper.

Maybe someday I will be able to release them but right now I will need to check out issue with the font I used. I also have only done the comic versions with the exception of the Hasbro Original figures.

One think I did want to mention is that for the far outside border of my Uncommon Heroes I use different colors that match up to coloring I add to the bases of the uncommons. I make 5 of each plus the original. The cards are made but technically I have only done this for the two Doombots I have. They both came with a yellow ring but a Sharpie turned one of them Red. I also used a Sharpie on two of my Mysterio figures to differentiat the Holographs from the real one since I am not skilled in painting and too chicken to try to put the wash on them like the official.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 3rd, 2014, 04:17 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Meantime, I will for you to release them!
Old February 3rd, 2014, 08:45 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Very cool! If I were a wealthy man, I'd bribe you to make me one of those.
Which parts? I am susceptible to bribes...
We could be stealthy about it...you could get me a birthday present and then I could give you a gift of thanks...

You'd be surprised to learn just how little cash I spent on this project. It was mostly just time. The map index cards are just printed on regular paper in stuck in card sleeve pages.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 3rd, 2014, 10:12 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

My card collection in CD sleeves has become a bit unruly. It'd be nice to replace it with something more condensed.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 3rd, 2014, 11:15 PM
A Man of Taste

I paid something like $30 to have 234 cards printed at Printerstudio.com with a discount including shipping. It's not too bad in large quantities like that.

Old February 3rd, 2014, 11:20 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I might need to switch to the magic type cards. I am so far behind now on printing out cards and it just gets to be too expensive when doing a bunch at once. 9 cards to a sheet is sounding pretty good right now. I just worry that I won't be able to read all the powers when they get jammed in to a smaller space.
Old February 4th, 2014, 12:07 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I might need to switch to the magic type cards. I am so far behind now on printing out cards and it just gets to be too expensive when doing a bunch at once. 9 cards to a sheet is sounding pretty good right now. I just worry that I won't be able to read all the powers when they get jammed in to a smaller space.
Most of the cards use the same font size as the official ones actually. Some of the more text full cards are tight but not unreadable and most of the cards read great. I have used the strict guideline limits that we have set for official C3G cards as far as size and have only had to veer off for a handful of cards so far.

I'm 38 as of last week and have some vision issue in one eye due to a 90 MPH fastball and I don't have any issues reading them.

Sometimes my son brings the binder to me and we sit on the couch flipping through pages and he has me read to him.

If you pass back through town on your way home let me know I will show you.

Old February 4th, 2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I paid something like $30 to have 234 cards printed at Printerstudio.com with a discount including shipping. It's not too bad in large quantities like that.
Wow. Yeah, that pricing right there is why I might have to look into switching at some point. The problem is finding the time (and the $30 at this point, since the terrain group is first priority! ).

Old February 4th, 2014, 10:50 AM
A Man of Taste

deleted

Old August 9th, 2014, 04:14 PM
A Man of Taste

Latest editions to Super Hero City...

Found this guy for a couple of bucks...Pretty big guy so he will end up being Master Mold once we get some Sentinel. I hope to find a few of the Stealth Iron Man figures that look close to the same as this guy.
Spoiler Alert!

Found a paper template for a bus so I scaled it and added hexes...then I realized it looked to cartoony so I recreated it with actual photos of real buses and then re-did the adds.
Spoiler Alert!

I also got bored and created magnetically attached man hole covers.

Spoiler Alert!

Tutorial to follow

Old August 9th, 2014, 04:23 PM
A Man of Taste

Magnetic Man Hole Cover Tutorial...

I started with the road and crosswalk mats that can be found in the download area. I mounted them on to thin cardboard (the back cover of a notebook). I then cut a small square from a magnetic strip I had lying around. I used my blade to trim out the section of paper and cardboard to create the vault for the magnet to sit.

Spoiler Alert!

I then cut out the Man Hole graphic and glued it over the magnet.
Spoiler Alert!

I then used my large hole punch and cut out the Man Hole graphic and a piece of the scrap cardboard. I repeated the process to put a small section of magnet in the center of the donut and glued the graphic over the top.

Spoiler Alert!

A little touchup with a black sharpie...

Spoiler Alert!

and tada...
Spoiler Alert!

Covers stay in place until they are ready to be thrown. The thin cardboard is perfect to give the cover some rigidity without it becoming too bulky.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations