Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 29th, 2017, 05:06 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Cosmo (Public Playtesting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
If you raise it by 40 dropping the ants in favor of the cops, I'd suggest dropping War Machine for Gamora or She-Hulk instead. They are far more reliable than War Machine has ever been for me, personally. Maybe I've just had a bad run with him.
I'd support that route as well. War Machine has not always been able to live up to his 270 point billing in my games either. She-Hulk & Gamora provide some counter healing too.

I would however worry that Gamora one shot kills Black Adam with her God Killer power and then you don't have anyone left worth healing up with Alfred. Any way to get a 2nd good human into that army to heal?

Looking at Chameleon now and I'd think you would want to impersonate CA. Then if you deal a W it removes the revealed OM and takes away the bonuses he is giving out.
Old March 29th, 2017, 05:15 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
If you raise it by 40 dropping the ants in favor of the cops, I'd suggest dropping War Machine for Gamora or She-Hulk instead. They are far more reliable than War Machine has ever been for me, personally. Maybe I've just had a bad run with him.
I'd support that route as well. War Machine has not always been able to live up to his 270 point billing in my games either. She-Hulk & Gamora provide some counter healing too.

I would however worry that Gamora one shot kills Black Adam with her God Killer power and then you don't have anyone left worth healing up with Alfred. Any way to get a 2nd good human into that army to heal?

Looking at Chameleon now and I'd think you would want to impersonate CA. Then if you deal a W it removes the revealed OM and takes away the bonuses he is giving out.
I specifically want a ranged, potentially multi hitting flier, so I'm not going with either of the green girls here.
Thanks for the tip with Chameleon, though - I hadn't realised Impersonate removed revealed OMs too, that's worth remembering.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 29th, 2017, 05:19 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
I've never been a big fan of tossing in ants, I'd rather take a second squad of 5th beat cops and just add 40 points to the first army. Maybe save Thor for the second test with Beta Ray Bill and spend the 470 points on two figures for CA to boost since he has the markers to pass out. Or just use the first CA and drop the ants as he is 20 points cheaper.
Ummm.... Not sure what you mean. Thor is in the Avengers build in this game, not Cosmo's, and I'm not sure why I'd save him for the second test rather than use the first when he's just running in the Avengers build. Also, this CA is much more useful than the Hasbro one, IMO, unless I'm running a more squad based build or one where I don't want OMs on him. This Avengers build is one I've used in a couple of tests before, and it's done fairly well for me - it may not be absolute top tier, but it's a good, decently strong, thematic, fun build in my experience. Thor is there to provide a flying heavy hitter to go head-to-head with someone else's, throwing around 9 dice for attack and defence when paired with Cap. And, honestly, I like throwing in ants if I have 10/20 points left - if they tie down someone's movement or force them to shoot someone harmless insects for a turn, then, for that price, they've done their job, and they don't require OMs. Often, Skrull Infiltrators are arguably better for that role, but also easier to forget on account of not being on the board, and, in this build, where so much is put into making sure Black Adam doesn't die, probably couldn't be deployed effectively. For 10 points, forcing Thor to either kill some ants or risk a leaving engagement attack if he wants to attack my hospital seems worthwhile to me.

Quote:
I like War Machine, though I grant that if you're unlucky or protect him badly and allow him to get a few wounds prior to activation, it can be a bit crippling, he still has a strong short ranged attack, is potentially scary to go near, and has a pretty strong long ranged multi-attacking special, and a fast flying speed. I suppose I could swap him out for Cable, attempting to maintain the ranged backup he's meant to provide, but I'm testing on Fulcrum, and Cable's going to struggle for mobility. I suppose I could swap Thor out for Stark's Hulkbuster suit and swap out Rhodey for someone at 340 (perhaps a Lantern), but I think I'm pretty happy with this set-up. As I've said, it's worked for me before.
I was saying that if you took out the ants (-20 points) and added in a second set of Beat Cops (+65) you end up with your Cosmo Army at 1040 points. Then you can add 40 points to the Avengers army to balance them out. I suggested adding the 40 points to Thor's 430 points and getting two figures for 470 points that CA can put Avenger Markers on. I also like Arkham's idea of adding the 40 points to War Machine (270+40=310) and swapping him out for She-Hulk (310). Just throwing ideas out there since you asked. In the end I think you should play armies and units you feel most comfortable and confident with. If you have some good tactics already worked out for that Avengers build, then run with it.
Old March 29th, 2017, 05:22 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I specifically want a ranged, potentially multi hitting flier, so I'm not going with either of the green girls here.
Thanks for the tip with Chameleon, though - I hadn't realised Impersonate removed revealed OMs too, that's worth remembering.
I've never played Chameleon either, just looking at the card now and it jumped out at me that you remove all OM's from the card, both revealed and unrevealed. Bucky bonds with other and thus shouldn't have any OMs to remove, but CA should have at least 1 per turn.
Old March 29th, 2017, 05:26 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Yeah, I'm comfortable with this build - I genuinely think a couple of ants will be more help here than excess Beat Cops (odd as that sounds - the cops are just there to sit next to Alfred and die for him, and I can't get a full extra squad next to him, so getting more in there would require faffing around with OMs and moving them into position, which isn't going to work so well, whereas the ants can just tunnel up to Thor if I win initiative and force him to either waste a turn attacking them or risk a LEA), and War Machine, while I get your points and have sometimes been disappointed by him in the past, has worked well for me before, and I fundamentally think a flying ranged sniper/multi-attacker will be more valuable to the Avengers tactically and on this map than a ground pounding bruiser. Plus, he can bond with Bucky, which is a nice bonus. Anyway, even if his Targeting Computer's damaged, his Armour Piercing Rockets make for a decent backup.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I've never played Chameleon either, just looking at the card now and it jumped out at me that you remove all OM's from the card, both revealed and unrevealed. Bucky bonds with other and thus shouldn't have any OMs to remove, but CA should have at least 1 per turn.
Why did I say Frame Bucky? That's exactly not what I was going to do - I meant to say that Bucky was nice and squishy and would be a good guy to target and frame someone else for his murder! Sorry, my fault, brain fart there. But yes, the Chameleon tip should be helpful - I have played him before, once or twice (big Spidey fan ) but didn't clock that he removed revealed OMs.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 30th, 2017, 10:02 AM
Hard as ice

Okay, I've decided not to go with the Beta Ray Bill/Thor plan - not only am I unsure how I'll get it to work, it also seems to me like something you can already do more effectively with Cyborg vII, given that his teleport is easier to use and both Beta and Thor are Champions who'll give him a marker. Instead, I'm thinking this for Test Two:

Cosmo
Poison Ivy
Harley Quinn
Masahiro Arashi
Gamora
Bullseye
Talia al Ghul

I've never played Ivy before, but I was wondering from the start about teleporting someone outside the enemy start-zone to slow them down, and she seems like the best option, after careful consideration, at least on the right map. Harley will come out with her, and they will take a turn together early, where Harley will chuck her bomb at the enemy, hopefully weakening them before the primary engagement. This will be Round One.
After Round One, the opening strategy will have been completed, and we move onto Stage Two. Gamora and Bullseye will, alternately, starting with Gamora, be teleported to the front lines, in places where they can assassinate a key hero. Gamora, when harmed, will be teleported back to base to heal up a bit, giving Bullseye the opportunity to take over, before returning to the front when he's killed. Masahiro will provide Order Marker management/security, only moving to the front lines if he's confident in victory or he's being pushed back and his start-zone is threatened. He will also use Ruthless Command to put out hits on enemy heroes he wants dead. Talia is there because I had 110 Points left and, quite honestly, her point in this army is to be someone Masahiro can let his frustration out on by eviscerating should one of his other assassins fail him. It's.... kind of a raw deal she's got, honestly - should have read the small print.
They'll head up against Professor X, Cyclops, Beast, Wolverine, Storm and Angel. It's a good, strong, thematic, 1,200 point X-Men army I've had luck testing with a few times.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 30th, 2017, 02:26 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That looks delightful. Nice build.
Old April 1st, 2017, 01:10 PM
Hard as ice

Okay, I had a window today to do the first test for Cosmo - I'll try to get the second in on Monday evening (BST).

Name Of The Playtest Unit: Cosmo
Army Test 1
Map: Fulcrum (no glyphs)
Armies:
Cosmo, Black Adam, Alfred Pennyworth, Blob, Jubilee, Chameleon, 1x 5th Precinct Beat Cops, 2x Fire Ant Swarms (1,000 points)
vs.
Captain America (C3G), Bucky, Thor, War Machine (1,000 points)

Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 1st, 2017, 01:56 PM
C3G Landlord

Yeah, Jubilee has had some outstanding games on my table too. It is surprising how lucky I seem to get with her attack.
Old April 2nd, 2017, 03:18 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Cosmo

Army Test
Map: Country Road
Units: Cosmo (160), Loki (420), Baron Heinrich Zemo (170), Aaron Cash (75), Deadpool (285), Angel (90) (1200) VS Cosmic Boy (260), Timber Wolf (260), Wildfire (280), Lightning Lad (180), Saturn Girl (220) (1200)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Country Road
Units: Cosmo (160), Star-Lord (250), Robot (210), Meteorite (170), Bishop (170) (1000) VS Jason (175), Martian Manhunter (300), Red Skull (220), Diablo (140), Blob (165) (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: 160 doesn’t feel far off, but he’s definitely a very useful unit. These games gave him a nice map to use, and he took full advantage of it. The Cortex has enough restrictions on it to keep it from being too strong, but it’s still a nice power. TP won’t come up much, but it’s a nice bonus when it does.

Psychic Defense is probably his big power right now. He’s a lot cheaper than Xavier and offers other uses outside of Mutant builds, so it allows for new builds. The Loki + another ‘X’ user is good strategy. One minor thing that could help is to limit those builds is to limit Cortex to being used when OMs are revealed on Cosmo only. It only hurts for the round or two when you want to teleport figures, but it does weaken it slightly, as you can’t use one of the turns placed on Loki and use both Xs for the Cortex.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Not exactly the direction I would have chosen for Cosmo, but he’s a fun unit that hits a lot of his theme well. Lots of fun options in Star-Lord builds, and he offers some cool new strategies.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old April 2nd, 2017, 03:55 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Thanks for the tests!

With 14 games in the bag, he's gone 6-7-1 counting initials, and if 160 is the preferred ending point, I have no objections.

Last edited by Arkham; April 2nd, 2017 at 04:28 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2017, 04:06 PM
C3G Landlord

Re: The Book of Cosmo (Vote for Final Editing)

I think you should give Lazy a chance to turn in her second test and claim her PT points, but 160 is looking okay to me right now. TB made a good point about opening up Psychic Defense X to non-mutant builds for a fairly cheap price so I'm thinking err on the side of caution here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library