Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old May 4th, 2010, 03:43 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: FotA made me bleed

I like the ladders the way they are. Tough to move up and down.

If you do not have the bridge set you can use a ladder segment on canyon walls to create small overhangs or land bridges.

Just put the ladder section on the canyon wall and push the overhang hex down. Push until the overhang is flush with the top of the hills and (as long as you dont push down on to hard on the hexes with your miniatues) it'll work out pretty darn good.

The bridge is a better set up and saves on the cost of Band-aids but this does work.

Also if you bleed on the miniatures you can call them customs. Sorry ignore that one.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; May 4th, 2010 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old May 4th, 2010, 06:39 PM

Lord Zaibatsu Woo who?

Now that you have shed blood, sweat, and possibly tears for this game you are officially one of us.

Old May 4th, 2010, 06:44 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

I jammed my thumb the first time I built with my FotA. As others have said, once the pieces get broken in, you'll be good.

A hint with the ladders, I find it better to leave the sort of hanging parallel to the wall piece, not attached to the side. Mine would get stuck.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old May 5th, 2010, 12:47 AM

Nickp has disabled reputation

Maybe it's me but the first FotA that I bought back in 2006 seemed like it fit a lot better than the one I purchased in 2009. Are the newer one reprints?
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:43 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think many people have had minor problems with FotA, but I think we should give respect where respect is due.

The FotA is an engineering marvel. Imagine the task they were assigned, a castle that can be completely taken apart and put back together and is also sturdy enough for extended play. I get shivers just thinking about it. I'm just amazed at how cheap it is.

And I don't think we should be surprised if there are occasional problems. Most of the problems boil down to "the pieces are too tight." Well, they had to be.
Come on folks, it's designed to be taken apart and put back together 1000 times and STILL be sturdy enough to be a piece in a game for 10 year olds.

I suggest wax, the problem has mostly gone away for me.
Old May 7th, 2010, 01:14 PM
If it doesn't use 20+ sets, you're not doing it right!

Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

No one has shed more blood from the FotA than I.

I almost lost an arm one time.
Old May 7th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Weirdscaper View Post

That's only because a very small part of your collection fell on you, nearly crushing your arm.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old May 7th, 2010, 02:39 PM
If it doesn't use 20+ sets, you're not doing it right!

Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:

That's only because a very small part of your collection fell on you, nearly crushing your arm.
Emergency crews are still looking for survivors.
Old May 7th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardris1287 View Post
Also, the Ladders are very stubborn and don't want to go together, or seperate. I just assumed they would ease up with some extended use.
They hurt when you step on them too.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old May 7th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:

Emergency crews are still looking for survivors.
How many casualties were there? I would like to pause for a moment of silence for these fallen men.

Last edited by tcglkn; May 7th, 2010 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Yes I know its a joke
Old May 7th, 2010, 02:52 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Also, the Ladders are very stubborn and don't want to go together, or seperate. I just assumed they would ease up with some extended use.
The ladders are the worst part. There's just nothing to grab on them to try and slide them off.

But make no mistake the entire FOTA is the poisonous fish of the Heroscape world, very dangerous.

When I reupped my company health insurance I had to tell HR I did not own any FOTA in my collection. Otherwise they would have booted me for sure.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old May 7th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land-based AE View Post
Quote:
The ladders are the worst part. There's just nothing to grab on them to try and slide them off.

But make no mistake the entire FOTA is the poisonous fish of the Heroscape world, very dangerous.

When I reupped my company health insurance I had to tell HR I did not own any FOTA in my collection. Otherwise they would have booted me for sure.
I dunno my insurance is more worried about the C3G, I have scars from the first two releases . . . .

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion