Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old May 28th, 2006, 11:12 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
HS for travel?

okay, we all take road trips. we all have though "man this trip would be so much better if i could play some HS!"

well, i was riding my bike the other day when it hit me.

Ya know those travel board games such as checkers where they are magnetized and such? why not do that w/ HS? ya know, take the images that are used in vassal or something, print them on a magnetized sticker, and use a magnetized board.

the only difficult thing, i think would be the dice rolling.....
Old May 28th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Cheack Dragonslayers moam ( Mother of All Maps)

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old May 28th, 2006, 11:29 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
got a link?

i'll search for nethers sake...he;s gonna have a "go search dumbass" induced heart attack one day...
Old May 29th, 2006, 01:01 AM
has been BANNED

Jason is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I have 3 of the commons for each all 4Waves + 1 of each Hero set. All combined the figures fit inside 2 RTFF boxes, it makes transporting the figures easy
Old May 29th, 2006, 04:54 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
I have 3 of the commons for each all 4Waves + 1 of each Hero set. All combined the figures fit inside 2 RTFF boxes, it makes transporting the figures easy
I think what he meant was a portable version of the game to play in like the backseat of a car or on a trip. HS can be lugged around, but it's not exactly conveniently portable.
Old May 29th, 2006, 04:55 PM
has been BANNED

Re: HS for travel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
okay, we all take road trips. we all have though "man this trip would be so much better if i could play some HS!"

Ya know those travel board games such as checkers where they are magnetized and such? why not do that w/ HS? ya know, take the images that are used in vassal or something, print them on a magnetized sticker, and use a magnetized board.

If there was a small modular board with tiny magnetic tokens for each figure, that would be a good start. Then I'd suggest a deck of rectangular standard-sized cards and a simple holder for them. Dice could be rolled in a tray like portable yahtzee.

It would still be awkward, but less so than the full-sized version.
Old May 29th, 2006, 05:51 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
I think what he meant was a portable version of the game to play in like the backseat of a car or on a trip. HS can be lugged around, but it's not exactly conveniently portable.
Old May 29th, 2006, 07:27 PM
has been BANNED

Re: HS for travel?

Quote:

If there was a small modular board with tiny magnetic tokens for each figure, that would be a good start. Then I'd suggest a deck of rectangular standard-sized cards and a simple holder for them. Dice could be rolled in a tray like portable yahtzee.

It would still be awkward, but less so than the full-sized version.
Old May 29th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Quote:
i'll search for nethers sake...he;s gonna have a "go search dumbass" induced heart attack one day...
That would be funny in deranged way

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old May 30th, 2006, 09:48 AM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
For portable play I am seeing about setting up Virtual Valhalla on a laptop that I have a car charger for. It would be even better if I had a tablet computer.

Old May 30th, 2006, 10:01 AM

Barfodor has disabled reputation
I had an idea about something like that back when .net was up. Except not for portability. Since this worl of Valhalla is becoming so big,there should be a big world where youve got all the maps from the booklets, and magnetized on a giant rotating ball. This ball would have the tiles taped/glued/stuck on it. Then the figs would be magnetized onto the tile. That way you could have worldwide battles.

This idea faded away though when I realized that the ball would be way too big for all the maps and connections to be placed. But, that was my idea.
Old May 31st, 2006, 06:09 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Holy deja vu, jcb231, a double-double post. There's a glitch in the Matrix.

Seriously, you could get a piece of metal and glue a printout of a map on it. Maybe take an extra MS build instruction and put it on with rubber cement or something. You could maybe even put multiple maps on one piece of metal. "Borrow" something like the thing from Boggle for the dice. Then all you need is to get some magnets. They sell thin magnets at all kinds of places (I've seen them at Wallyworld and a local grocery store) that you can cut with half-way decent scissors. Cut some single and double space guys, and mark them somehow. Then all you need is some cards that are more protable (like the herocards in the gallery?) and maybe put them on a piece of metal as well, so the wound marker magnets and order marker magnets will stick.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions