Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old June 13th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Would you, could you on a plane?

Gaton Woo who?
Snakes on a Plane

Where are some of the places you have played Heroscape?

We did!!! (SirGalahad, Draca, and me)

We took three 24-hex, two 7-hex, three 3-hex, four 2-hex, two 1-hex, and 8 water tiles.

We used only non-flying, single-hex melee units. Armies usually consisted of a hero and a squad. We took nine squads and eleven heroes. For wound markers, we used dice or destroyed figures (thought that the wound markers would get lost when the tray tables got bumped).

I created a dice tray from a 3-lb butter tub and lined it with felt. It kept the noise and the number of dice rolling off the tray tables down to a minimum.

We played 7 games on the flight out and four, more-involved games on the flight back (the flight home was a little bumpy). Most games were 1v1, 3-way FFA or 1v2, with the person in the middle getting an extra hero and/or squad (and usually height).

It was cool to see the looks on people's faces, especially the flight attendants. We may have infected a few new victims, especially the woman who wanted to know where she could get a starter set for her 9-year-old nephew when we landed in Vegas.

Surprisingly we would have sailed through security at both airports with all of our weapons had Draca not left a full water bottle in her backpack on the way home.

I did not cheat; I just misinterpreted the rules!

Last edited by Gaton; June 29th, 2008 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Updated location of photos
Old June 13th, 2008, 10:57 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Snakes on a Plane

You guys are sick.

Seriously, get help.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 13th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Don't listen to Necroblade.

Old June 13th, 2008, 11:00 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Don't listen to Necroblade.

If I had a nickel for every time...

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 13th, 2008, 11:00 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That is way cool!
Old June 13th, 2008, 11:01 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ok. Thats kinda cool. But, as Necroblade says, get help. You are WAY too addicted at this point.
Old June 13th, 2008, 11:05 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

....Necroblade is right... You guys are sick. Only an insane person could think up something so... so... GENIUS! I wanna do it!

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old June 13th, 2008, 11:07 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

How did you get them to stay on the board so they wouldn't fall of? Magnets? Tape? Scotch tape works for me.
Old June 13th, 2008, 11:14 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaton View Post
We used only non-flying, single-hex melee units.
Well duh, it wouldn't make any sense for fliers to be on a plane... unless they were lazy of course.

EDIT: I'm with Necro, get help (or maybe I'm just jealous).

-insert signature here-
Old June 13th, 2008, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaton View Post
We used only non-flying, single-hex melee units.
Well duh, it wouldn't make any sense for fliers to be on a plane... unless they were lazy of course.

EDIT: I'm with Necro, get help (or maybe I'm just jealous).
It doesn't make any sense for winged kyrie to ride horses, either...

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 13th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Once the plane reached cruising altitude, there really weren't any problems with the characters. We did lose one die on the flight home, because it fell into a gaping hole in the side of the plane

Actually the interior panel was missing under the seat, and the die fell into where the insulation was exposed.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old June 13th, 2008, 11:24 PM

Gaton Woo who?

[quote=The Silver Surfer;584104Only an insane person could think up something so... so... GENIUS! I wanna do it![/quote]

Why, thank you.

<Ding>

You are now free to roam about the country.

I did not cheat; I just misinterpreted the rules!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion