Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Old May 1st, 2008, 06:19 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Post The right way to enter Scapers![For Newer Members]

I wanted to make this because of all the new people, and the discussion of Rep Docking them as soon as they come here and make a bad post, then get docked on their very first day. Another reason I decided to start this thread is because on a couple of other forums, there are people talking about how Strict Scapers got, and how it has become all about the Rep!

The way I see it is that there is a bunch of ways you can enter a forum. You can come in and post like a Stark Raving lunatic, and get on peoples nerves, by spamming, posting things where they don’t belong, and posting lazily.
This was how I started off, I was posting random thoughts along with posting misspellings, and getting on peoples nerves. I had a member [MK Sentinel] Yell at me for doing it, and thank god he did. After the strict talking to I realized that this wasn’t the way I should be acting and I decided to improve my grammar, and straighten up my whole posting style!

The other way, which is the right way to enter a Forum, is to look into the forum, try to learn the ropes of it, and then post after you have learned what to do and what not to do. I really wish I’d have done this when I first started because I wouldn’t have felt like such an Idiot after.

At the Scapers forum we really like great Grammar, and we just expect you to try your best. There are a few exceptions to Foreign Scapers; we just expect them to try their best. We except that you are from a foreign country, and make exceptions to them as long as in the profile, they put that they are from outside the U.S.
Grammar is a big, big deal with us, because the creators don’t want this site to be like other forums out there, with unreadable spelling and kids running wild.

The right way to join a Forum like Scapers is to make sure you know what you are getting into. If you follow the wrong path I can only hope that you have a MK Sentinel in your future. Otherwise you will end up in getting docked, or get other members to hate you, and most are very nice! [Except that mean old Revdyer guy![Sarcasm]]

Another thing we can’t stand here is spamming, in threads many of the younger members do this and end up not caring about doing it, as I’ve learned from other Forums, where a member said the Newbs will take over Scapers! A lot of newer members are being ignored because of how much they spam and I can only hope that you never have that happen to you.

The admins have installed a new Rep system where other members can give you good rep for good posts, or bad Rep for bad posts. I like a lot of members really like this system, which means a lot of people use it. This in return means that many members ignore the bad rep people, or pay close attention to the good rep’ed people. I would concentrate on making good posts that way you can be noticed more and more, and not be ignored.

We also ask that all the younger members go easy on the Smilies, a couple in a post are fine,but many are a pain to go through!

By all means enjoy it here, we just ask that you do your best at posting and at this Forum!
I will be taking things from other members to put into this if people think something else should be included!

Sincerely,
Shades fan!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.

Last edited by Shades fan; May 1st, 2008 at 06:37 PM.
Old May 1st, 2008, 06:29 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: The right way to enter Scapers![For Newer Members]

Nice post.

Question:
Quote:
I wanted to make this because of all the new people, and the discussion of Rep Docking them as soon as they come here and make a bad post, then get docked on their very first day. Another reason I decided to start this thread is because on a couple of other forums, there are people talking about how Strict Scapers got, and how it has become all about the Rep!
What are these other forums (if you care to divulge)?

Also, how is it all about the rep? Rep does nothing except show a peer review. How do your peers perceive your contributions to the community; that's what Rep shows. It is not a tool to auto ban anyone; it is simply a means of providing feedback.

I know this is not your statement, Shadesfan, that you are just repeating what others have said, but it is such utter crap that it baffles the mind.

Once again, thanks for the well thought out post.
Old May 1st, 2008, 06:32 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
[Except that mean old Revdyer Guy![Sarcasm]
When using an opening bracket [, it is customary to also use a closing one ], even if within those brackets another set occurs [ ]. So, what you should have written is:

[Except that mean old Revdyer guy![Sarcasm]]

(Note that "guy" does not require a capital letter.) <grin>

Now, let's see if I can find that red rep button. I know I left it lying around here somewhere. <grin>
Old May 1st, 2008, 06:39 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yes, I would also like to know of these 'other sites.' That was a good post. We should have Aldin give them a link to this thread and his thread in welcome PMs.
Old May 1st, 2008, 06:39 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Quote:
[Except that mean old Revdyer Guy![Sarcasm]
When using an opening bracket [, it is customary to also use a closing one ], even if within those brackets another set occurs [ ]. So, what you should have written is:
[Except that mean old Revdyer guy![Sarcasm]]
<grin>
You learn something new everyday! I'm surprised my english teacher never taught me that.

You're just itching to use a Rep dock aren't you!

Old May 1st, 2008, 06:41 PM
Wears Shades at Night

I really don't want to give away these other sites, for the fear of them getting spammed. I'm a member to both of these sites and wouldn't want to reck one of them.

Old May 1st, 2008, 06:44 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:

You're just itching to use a Rep dock aren't you!
The offense would have to be egregious for me to give (or, is that "take"?) negative reputation points to someone. But, every once in a long while, someone around here does manage to post something that might merit ("demerit"?) it.
Old May 1st, 2008, 06:46 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I really don't want to give away these other sites, for the fear of them getting spammed. I'm a member to both of these sites and wouldn't want to reck one of them.
You can PM them so there's no fear of that.

Though if they insult HSers, they deserve to be spammed.

Or we could sic Onacara on them!
Old May 1st, 2008, 06:49 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post

Also, how is it all about the rep? Rep does nothing except show a peer review. How do your peers perceive your contributions to the community; that's what Rep shows. It is not a tool to auto ban anyone; it is simply a means of providing feedback.
I agree that the Rep/Dock hits are a means of providing feedback, but I also think that, to a greater or lesser degree, it is all about the Rep. I mean no disrespect or anything, but I do catch that vibe through sifting through the various threads, forums, and posts. I don't think anyone wants to be in the red, so we are all (for the most part, anyway) trying to post more legibly, intelligently, and sensibly to avoid that Boon. In that sense, it is about the Rep, albeit indirectly.

Just my two cents worth, please don't Dock me.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old May 1st, 2008, 07:02 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post

I agree that the Rep/Dock hits are a means of providing feedback, but I also think that, to a greater or lesser degree, it is all about the Rep. I mean no disrespect or anything, but I do catch that vibe through sifting through the various threads, forums, and posts. I don't think anyone wants to be in the red, so we are all (for the most part, anyway) trying to post more legibly, intelligently, and sensibly to avoid that Boon. In that sense, it is about the Rep, albeit indirectly.

Well, that's what we're going for. It's just an extra incentive to post responsibly. I think it's working pretty darn good so far.
Old May 1st, 2008, 07:02 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post

Before you say anything, I wouldn't and I can't anyway. I don't like when people say "Don't dock me" I have done it a few times and I only use it in a last ditch effort to convey my lack of bad intentions or my non-criticalness. I will most certainly stop doing it because it is more harm than good. By saying "Don't dock me" (even with a smilie to show someone is joking) you are saying that you said something bad or poorly written and you know it. Instead of saying it, instead reconsider your post.
This message is not to you rym, but to all other members.
Old May 1st, 2008, 07:24 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I appreciate your comments Einer's puppy. I don't normally do something like that and did only intend it as more of a joke than anything else. I didn't think about the ramifications of posting that or how it could be perceived by someone else. I certainly don't feel I typed or posted anything bad (except for maybe that).

In the future I will practice safe typewriting.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online