Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old March 4th, 2021, 03:52 PM

Mastodon is surprisingly tart
Question About AllThingsHeroscape and Market Manipulation

Hello!

Out of curiosity, does AllThingsHeroscape generally scour web listings and buy up everything that gets posted anywhere? I only ask, because, from what I can tell, online market prices for Heroscape are all benchmarked by AllThingsHeroscape's prices. So, in essence, it seems that he/her essentially manipulates the entire market across the web.

Just some musings,

Mastodon
Old March 4th, 2021, 05:38 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Question About AllThingsHeroscape and Market Manipulatio

Definitely feels that way sometimes!

I know they buying quite a few ebay listings. Not much we can do about it though. They are definitely influential on the market.
Old March 5th, 2021, 09:30 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Yup, definitely. They buy anything on eBay that gets <~80% of his selling prices in order to resell, singlehandedly driving up the eBay prices to very close to his, and for the past couple years the price has been steadily increasing IMHO mostly thanks to AllThingsHeroscape. I bought once from him ~3 years ago when he posted a discount code here and I really wanted something before a tournament, but never again. Personally I think everyone on this site should protest him so hopefully he has to lower his prices, but not sure that will happen.
Old March 5th, 2021, 11:12 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I hope the rise of 3d printing helps lower the prices. I keep working on my collection with prints (I enjoy painting). I do wish my sculpts were less fragile. I print in resin and they work pretty well. I know that you can add some stuff to make them more pliable. I just wish I wouldn't drop them so much on my tile floor!!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old March 5th, 2021, 11:16 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Invest in a throw rug.
Old March 5th, 2021, 12:42 PM

Mastodon is surprisingly tart

I have yet to purchase from AllThingsHeroscape, because I have had a lot of person-to-person success on Facebook Market and here. I would still consider prices across the board to be, well, absurd (yet, I keep paying them XD), but this community has been much more reasonable with pricing than what I have seen on Ebay and on AllThingsHeroscape. I got into this thinking, "I will get the base set and a few units here or there and be satisfied!" Little did I know... Collecting is a sickness!!! Haha. Must have it ALL!!!
Old March 5th, 2021, 01:08 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

His big business comes from buying up large collections where he knows he can get a premium price because people are willing to cut a deal for the convenience of selling it all to one person. The going rate for a collection is usually ~60% of market value. He can then slowly resell everything through ATH for high profit margin. I bought from him once and had a bad experience. I would never buy from him again. I agree that the best thing for our community would be to boycott ATH.
Old March 5th, 2021, 01:37 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmuskie View Post
I hope the rise of 3d printing helps lower the prices. I keep working on my collection with prints (I enjoy painting). I do wish my sculpts were less fragile. I print in resin and they work pretty well. I know that you can add some stuff to make them more pliable. I just wish I wouldn't drop them so much on my tile floor!!
Ive been using sirayatech abs fast resin blended with my elegoo grey and they are much more solid than the transparentish resins I used before. I know that resin is still not as sturdy as molded plastic.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 29th, 2021, 12:10 PM

LissieS Woo who?

unfortunately most often it looks like this.
But few people are ready to buy out a large collection in order to then sell it out by elements, and his mark-up is to pay for his risks not to sell everything. Although the monopoly, as for me, is always not very good.

Sometimes we have problems. There are problems that can be solved with money and https://cashloansnearby.com/texas/fort-worth/ will allow you to find cash loans that are right for you

Last edited by LissieS; April 30th, 2021 at 03:22 AM.
Old April 29th, 2021, 06:21 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't think ATH has anything close to a monopoly. They just have enough (and public enough) of a rare product to heavily influence the price. Most private sales look to ATH as a benchmark ... and then put their prices much lower. Every sale has two sides to it. Sure, everyone would love to get Heroscape for cheap, but those who are willing to part with their beloved collection for a price are often only willing to do so because the price is so high right now.

But, yeah, no love lost for ATH themselves.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion