Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old September 23rd, 2019, 10:43 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: NHSD in Maryland! 10/12!!

Oh, that's a shame. It's been a long time, Jet!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 24th, 2019, 10:04 PM

Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Epic and 9Below are maybes right now
Old September 24th, 2019, 10:08 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Ok. I'll put them in the OP.

= =
Old September 24th, 2019, 10:10 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

G-O, let me know about Stephen Universe and also if you get a sense of shop guys coming to play.

= =
Old September 24th, 2019, 10:37 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I'm torn between two formats, and input is welcome.

Either (1) multiplayer free-for-all, which is a tried and tested local favorite (of mine, anyway), or (2) the Flex format from GenCon, where people can come and go as they please and just play the whole time without stopping, as long as there's someone around to play. I would, if we take Option 2, allow people to bring 2 armies if they want, and they can use whichever they prefer from round to round.

Thoughts?

= =
Old September 26th, 2019, 06:09 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

Either (1) multiplayer free-for-all, which is a tried and tested local favorite (of mine, anyway), or (2) the Flex format from GenCon, where people can come and go as they please and just play the whole time without stopping, as long as there's someone around to play. I would, if we take Option 2, allow people to bring 2 armies if they want, and they can use whichever they prefer from round to round.

Thoughts?
2 sounds interesting and may work at the store. I feel like I don't understand though. Are you saying someone could walk in and say "Oooo, I remember Heroscape. I would love to play a game, but I only have an hour or so." We could give them an army and they could play and it wouldn't mess up the tournament standings?
Old September 27th, 2019, 01:33 PM

Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker

Quote:

Thoughts?
With the 2nd option, how would we deal with poor matchups? Both players can switch their army until neither side benefits from a change?
Old September 27th, 2019, 02:10 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

What I'm thinking of now is "Bring 1 or 2." People can bring 2 armies if they want, and then just figure out who is using which army.

Of course, it's a terrible idea for a fiercely competitive environment. But if people just want to goof off, say, or if people find themselves wanting to use something different, or maybe try out an army that the opponent brought, just for the sake of variety, then they could. It ups the flexibility and fun, but definitely takes away from the competitive tension.

And, for people who just want to bring one army and use it the whole time, they could. They could even trade armies, if they wanted.

The main idea is everybody bring 1 or 2 armies. At the beginning of every round (if we do a firm structure of rounds), each pair of opponents comes up with some way to divide the 2-4 armies at that table so that each player has 1. And then play.

Does that sound like fun? Or would people prefer something more firmly structured, like we've done in the past?

= =
Old September 27th, 2019, 02:34 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I’m up for either, not sure how it will go. I feel like it is tough to charge any money when it is free form. I do like the idea of random armies. We could say all armies go into a pool that we roll to pick a starting army from. Then the armies get matched up just like a normal tournament but the players get randomized again somehow. Not sure how you would come up with a winner, but the better armies at least would be matched against each other.
Old September 27th, 2019, 02:47 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

This is what I'm thinking, drawing together my last couple of posts into something more concrete:

1. Traditional round structure.
2. Bring 1 or 2 armies of [size/points].
3. Each round, play your opponent. Each person has one of the armies, but each pair of opponents can figure out who is using what. Doesn't matter as long as both players are happy.
4. Because of Step 1, we can do prizes as normal at the end. But because of Step 3, we have the flexibility of people doing stuff like trading armies if they want. Just more flexibility, which I think some of us would like.

Thoughts?

= =
Old September 27th, 2019, 09:03 PM

kldonnelly knows what's in an order marker kldonnelly knows what's in an order marker

Good news! My other event got cancelled (boo!), but that frees my son and me up for coming to the tournament.

And I do like the structure that you proposed.
Old September 27th, 2019, 09:10 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Excellent!

edit: @kldonnelly , will you please let me know if we can expect Ken?

And where the heck is @OverEngineered ?

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; September 27th, 2019 at 10:34 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events