Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 17th, 2018, 04:11 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: LC's Customs- Arrr... thar be Pirates here! 12/06/18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Nice changes and new customs! Will have to get some pirate figures for these and upcoming C3V units. I also thought of new power name instead of LOOT though:

PLUNDER BOOTY!
You don't know how tempting that was when I finally decided to go with Loot
Old December 17th, 2018, 04:13 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I like the loot powers. They won't come in to play often, but they're thematic and useful when they do come in to play. Well done.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 17th, 2018, 05:20 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I like the loot powers. They won't come in to play often, but they're thematic and useful when they do come in to play. Well done.
Thanks! And thank you as well for the input that inspired LOOT!
Old December 18th, 2018, 01:20 PM

Alright, since I am pretty satisfied with the pirates I will move on to the next units I have designed. The Drakebourne brothers- Balyanar and Talyanar.

Quote:
The land of Bresmoore could ask for no better guardians than the Drakebourne brothers- Talyanar and Balyanar. Twin brothers who had done everything else together in life now protected their homeland together. Even among the elite Skye Guard they were known for their valiance and selflessness in battle.

The day came, though, that comes in the life of every warrior- they met an enemy they could not stand against. As they watched their Skye Guard brethren fall around them, Balyanar came to a doom ridden decision. Willing to do whatever was necessary to protect his beloved Bresmoore, he sought the help of Aumvys, a witch who had a reputation of delivering on your requests, but always at a steep price. True to her reputation, Aumvys gave Balyanar the power he needed to turn back the encroaching enemy. The price, however, was more terrible than Balyanar could have ever conceived. As time went by a darkness crept into his soul. The valiant and selfless protector of Bresmoore began to fade and in his place was an angry, cruel and violent man with all the power still that had enabled him to defeat the invading enemy. He soon became worse than the enemy he had sought the witch’s help to defeat. As his brother Talyanar watched him begin to heave violence and grief upon the land, he knew there was only one terrible solution- help his brother, and the land, find peace through his brother’s death. The brothers locked in battle and Talyanar won a bitter victory, but he was afforded no time to mourn his brother. His brother’s death merely freed that which was within him, reanimating him into a harbinger of death.

With a vengeance Talyanar hunted the thing which had at one time been his brother. He still desired to free his brother from this unsought curse, but now, more than ever, he also wanted to bring justice’s swift wrath upon all that had the taint of the darkness that had defiled his brother and wreaked havoc upon the land he and brother had both loved and had both sworn to protect.

His quest for justice mingled with his desire for vengeance ultimately lead him to where the evil that was now Balyanar was for a final showdown. As they clashed in that terrible last battle, those who watched transfixed below saw the sky filled with a blinding flash of light, and the brothers were gone...
The bio says all it needs to about Talyanar's card...

Release of the Valiant gives a fitting end to the saga of the Drakebourne brothers as death finally frees Balyanar from the evil that had possessed him but only for time as his human body succumbs to the forces exerted upon it by the evil from within.

Talyanar is pretty straight forward. I wanted to avoid any bonding loops so for Lead the Valiant to work it does require an OM on Talyanar and squaddies moved with the ability can ONLY move, not attack. It also requires some fore thought. If not careful, March of Justice can render Strength of the Valiant useless if Talyanar gets too far ahead of his squaddies. Still, he is pretty potent with KoW. After play testing with an army of just him with KoW and 4th Mass I am considering upping his points (of course it was also againt an army of strictly Utgar and Valkrill units so March for Justice was used constantly).

I am trying to refine Balyanar. I wanted a figure who's ability to use an opponent's figure for a last hurrah made him desirable, but with an ability that made him a risky prospect (Release the Valiant). It worked really well. In the second of only two games I played with him, he was down to 1 life so I tried to take him out with one of my own to prevent Release the Valiant from being used. For once I rolled all shields My opponent, thankfully, rolled a 4 so Release the Valiant still didn't trigger.

If you have any thoughts (especially concerning Balyanar) please share.
Old December 18th, 2018, 01:36 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: LC's Customs- The Drakebourne Brothers 12/18/18

Nice army cards that you have there.
Old December 18th, 2018, 06:22 PM

Re: LC's Customs- The Drakebourne Brothers 12/18/18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
Nice army cards that you have there.
Thanks, HS101!

I just realized a major oversight with Balyanar. Because the way the Release of the Valiant is worded, he can come back again and again, if the roll is right, always changing hands. That is definitely not what I intended for the ability to do. The intent was for it to be a one-and- done ability.

I will add, "Release of the Valiant can be used only once per game" to the card.

Last edited by Lamaclown; December 18th, 2018 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Word changes added
Old December 20th, 2018, 02:40 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: LC's Customs- Glass Golem and Scarecrow 12/03/18

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
So that adds up to 170+, about 60 of which are dirt cheap. Bottom line, the availability is there, and I think another Large Construct could be fun....
Are we close to learning who Valingul is?
No.*

*(although true, that answer is intentionally misleading)
@Astroking112
Old December 20th, 2018, 05:57 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: LC's Customs- Glass Golem and Scarecrow 12/03/18

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
So that adds up to 170+, about 60 of which are dirt cheap. Bottom line, the availability is there, and I think another Large Construct could be fun....
Are we close to learning who Valingul is?
No.*

*(although true, that answer is intentionally misleading)
@Astroking112
I saw the recent synergy on Breach's Public Playtesting page for someone named Talingul, and I thought of mentioning it again, but I didn't know which one was the typo.
Old January 1st, 2019, 03:34 PM

Re: LC's Customs- Sizing Help Needed 01/01/19

I am working on some units that I am play testing before I purchase. The problem is I am not certain on their sizes which could effect movement and unit cost. I have been proxying them at single space Large 6. If you have the figures or know how big they are any help would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance!
Old January 1st, 2019, 08:50 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: LC's Customs- Sizing Help Needed 01/01/19

The minotaur mangler is as tall as a standard knight of weston. The thug is a head taller than the other one.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 2nd, 2019, 04:31 PM

Re: LC's Customs- Minotaur Stampede 01/02/19

Thanks for the reply, @TREX !

With the minuscule number of Minotaur customs out there I realize I may be in the minority concerning my love of minotaurs. Or maybe it is the difficulty of conveying the raw power of the minotaur and still keeping them sub- B+ units.

I have been working on a minotaur faction and have finally been able to play test some of the units a couple of times. I will start with the two that are in Jandar's army...

I realize there is a bonding chain. I have gone back and forth about it. I decided to go with it since it will trigger no more than once per round and that only if the "X" OM is on Brorok. I would be happy to hear any pros or cons about the chain.

My goal is for none of the faction to exceed B+ ranking with the exception of maybe one (who is yet to come). I am aiming for them to be in the C to B+ range.
Old January 2nd, 2019, 05:09 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: LC's Customs- Minotaur Stampede 01/02/19

Valiant Hero Bonding is a bold move. There are a lot of Valiant heroes, from Charos to Sam Brown. Bonding with a ranged hero *and* a number of beatsticks is something few squads get to do. Between Intimidating and Bull-Wark increasing their survivability quite a bit and such potent bonding options I would imagine you have the Minoan Guard somewhat underpriced.

Do you want to have so many powers that make attackers or defenders roll more or less dice packed on to just two cards? I like Brorok but I ultimately feel that you could present a more thematic (and possibly simpler) card for the Minoan Guard. I would start by just dropping Bull-Wark altogether.

I wouldn't call that a "bonding chain," really. I also don't think it will turn any heads in a negative way unless you try to submit them to the SoV (and I imagine the figure availability is not there).

I am not 100% sure what you mean for Bull Headed to do, but if you mean what I think you do, you might perhaps borrow wording from the VC's Varkaanan Swiftfangs.

For Sound the Charge, why not wording closer to Siege and Evar Scarcarver "After taking a turn with Brorok you may reveal the 'X' Order Marker on Brork's army card to..."

Intimidating functions similarly to the Goblin Cutters's Mob Attack, but the wording is again pretty different. On the other hand, aping their wording could be tricky since Intimidating takes place when attacking AND when defending. Bull-Wark also seems very similar to the Roman Legionnaires's Shield Wall (minus the restriction, of course) but the wording is fairly different.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards