Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music
Music Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old October 28th, 2017, 12:15 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Concerts you have attended

Still waiting for 'Nature Trail to Hell' Part 2.

Love me some Weird.
Old July 29th, 2018, 01:55 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

AMG, The Dog Pound, Ice-T, MC Ren and Ice Cube last night.

Old school.
Old July 29th, 2018, 02:22 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Nice necro, although the musicians aren't ones that excite me.

It's been a looooong time since I went to a gig. However, I was in Portland (ME) last week and saw a poster advertising a Belly gig in August. I saw them in Birmingham (the UK one) 20-odd years ago and they were great. Had no idea they were still going. It made me want to check out some live music that's a bit closer again (the closest venue with biggish bands is an hour away, which is much more doable, even for an old fart like me, than the 3+hrs of Portland).
Old July 29th, 2018, 04:05 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

A quiet afternoon at the laundromat will make me chime in on threads like this. Can’t imagine why.
I saw the Dave Matthews Band when I was in high school... I think the venue was somewhere in Indiana?
More recently, I saw Wilco last fall at the Santa Fe Opera in... well, yeah. That was a heck of a show. My mom always told me Wilco was a great live act and boy was she right. Didn’t hurt that a nice older couple gave us their front and center tickets when they saw we were in the standing room only section. Turns out the new tickets were directly in front of some author who lives nearby, wrote some books about thrones and a wall. Anyway, I was a little worried about blocking his view at the start of the show, but twenty minutes in everyone was on their feet and I couldn’t care less.
Old July 29th, 2018, 08:10 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Sweet!

I'd be curious to see Wilco live. I go in and out of liking their music. I know Jeff Tweedy is a genius and all that, but I'm not always actually enjoying his compositions. Any concert, of course, is made better with excellent seats, and particularly seats near a celebrity. I guess he stands out in a crowd? He seems like someone I might actually recognize if I saw him on the street.

I recently took my daughter to an afternoon-evening music festival, at which the headliner was Lake Street Dive. One of her favorite bands. The opener was The Suffers, a Texas roots/soul rock band, and then came Andy Bop, a local hard rock singer/songwriter. They were both good, especially The Suffers, and we came super early to make sure we had good seats for the whole day. And we did, right at the front rail of the general admission area.

We had a great time, Lake Street Dive played a *great* set, and my daughter successfully hounded the band after the show and got a setlist from a roadie after the show and then, later, got a picture with the drummer. I love those guys, and if you get the chance to see them, you should. Here they are, performing one of the songs off of their new album:

It's so easy to get mesmerized by Racheal Price's voice that you don't appreciate how skilled the other members of the band are, but this is one of the most proficient set of musicians you are likely going to encounter. And I love me some quality lyrics, and they always deliver good lyrics.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 30th, 2018, 02:35 AM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

As part of my son’s 16th birthday, we went to see Def Leppard and Journey this past May. It was his first big concert. I had never seen Journey before, but I’ve seen seen Def Leppard at least twice in the distant past. It was a good show, despite both bands showing their age. We had a lot of fun, and of course, it’s nice that my son enjoys a lot of the stuff I grew up with.
Old July 30th, 2018, 07:26 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Back on 03 I had a chance to see ACDC back to back with the stones. While I love the stones (I one of those that prefer the stones to the beatles) ACDC was amazing live.

Oddly enough a few years back my wife dragged me to a Phillip Phillips show (he was an American idle winner) we got a great deal on front row seats aND it was a awesome show surprisingly. Dude has a Dave Matthews feel and the support band was really tallanted. I recall him giving each time to show their stuff with the sax player lighting up the hall.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music